Discussion The fast food thread

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
470_2201147.0

How much force needs to be with you to eat a black burger? The Belgian fast food chain Quick is celebrating the upcoming "Phantom Menace 3D" movie premiere by launching a line of "Star Wars"-themed burgers. The burgers will debut in Quick restaurants throughout France on January 31, just before the film's February release in the country. Despite being in French, the ads for the burgers have sent the entire Internet into a tailspin of equal parts repulsion and curiosity.

Quick's limited-edition burgers come in three flavors. There's the Dark Burger—a double cheeseburger on a seeded bun with some kind of creamy mayo spread. Then there's the Jedi Burger, another double-patty cheeseburger, this time inspired by the cryptic genius Yoda. Only few are enlightened enough to know whether those white pellets peaking out from under the bun are cheese curds or marshmallows.

Last edited:

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Of course my stomach is growling and I decide to go to TH.net first before making food then I see this.

I want one so bad now!

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Never seen a burnt burger that black before. I wondered how it tastes?

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
This is one of the most tasteful, amazing "burger" I have ever seen.

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Maybe the Dark Burger bread is like the Swedish bread Paltbröd, which get its black color from the blood content.

img442c578475a3e_1185266332_1027192.jpg

While I do not actually believe this, it would certainly add to the sinister nature of the Sith.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
s-BACON-MILKSHAKE-large300.jpg

Tired of going to the trouble of making your own bacon milkshakes at home? You're in luck -- as long as you don't live in the Northeast or Midwest. Eater reports that Jack in the Box, which has 2100 locations in 19 states, is adding a bacon milkshake to its menu for as part of its new "Marry Bacon" ad campaign.

The ad for the Jack in the Box bacon milkshake includes the important disclaimer that the beverage's stay on the menu will be "as limited as limited can be," and encourages would-be shake drinkers to act fast.

A Jack In The Box spokesperson told the Huffington Post, "The shake is not listed on our menus in the restaurants, so it’s more of a 'secret item' that people can order. Each restaurant is getting a very limited quantity, so we don’t know how long they will last."

After looking into the nutritional information on the bacon milkshake, we can't help but feeling relieved it won't be around forever. According to the Jack in the Box website, which lists the bacon shake as a beverage rather than a dessert, a "regular" 16 oz bacon shake weighs in at 773 calories and 40 grams and fat. A 24 oz large, meanwhile, add a whopping 1081 calories and 54 grams of fat to your meal.

Last edited:

Switch33

Reaction score
MMmmmm an even better way to get a wopping 54 grams of fat in my diet. Sounds slightly tempting yet there is no Jack in the Box where I'm at haha.

Bronxernijn

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Why can't they just report that Jack serves bacon shakes now? Why be so goddamn moralising about it by adding the calorie numbers and feel 'relieved' it won't be around forever?

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
That's disgusting. Nuff said

Whats with the nuff said? It's like in all your posts >_>
Usually one uses that sentence to take a stance on a subject when pro and contra don't outweigh eachother.

I personally think it's a great invention for people that can't get enough of the Bacon Taste. You don't have to consume it, but people that can afford and take a liking in such foods have the option to buy the food they like. It's called freedom of choice.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Frankly, I am intrigued. We have Jack in the Boxes all around here. I have not seen it advertised. I am even a Fan of Jack on Facebook....

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder if they let you just taste it for like 10 cents? lol

eellem1

Life is made of the little things, live it well
Reaction score
WOW!! There is enough calories in that for almost the full day, almost. I would be curious as to the taste, does it really taste like bacon? Looks like Th and I have a bacon shake adventure to go on.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.