JASS: emjlr3's Users Guide *WIP*

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Sooda said:
Only function what creates trigger events, conditions and actions needs InitTrig_ before your desired name.
I meant that can you belive me :eek:
Only function name what creates trigger events, conditions and actions needs InitTrig_ before your desired name.

EDIT: I need Blizzard' s unused group arry ? any name someone ?
EDIT: Is there list of Blizzard' s global variables and global variable arrys what can be used to tranfer locals to other functions ? That would be very useful in my opinion.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Just to get things straight - "blizzard arrays" are in no way different from the global arrays you can create apart from the different prefix (bj_ instead of udg_).
Need a group array? Just open the variable editor and make one.

And, well, for a full list of globals defined by blizzard I suggest that you check out blizzard.j.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
Update

Added ExecuteFunc, Tables and Local Trigger leaks section, as well as commented on the need for CreateGroup and its purpose in the looping through untis group section

enjoy

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> so you don’t have to keep repeating the return bug and I2S functions over and over again needlessly.
Of course just about anyone who reads this would ask himself "what's the difference, why should I care?". :p
You might as well mention that H2I is a slow function and clear that up.

Anyway why not explain dynamic arrays or at least link or quote something that explains them?

It's also a good idea to clean up the leaks in all your examples although that's not the point of this tutorial. People might get confused seeing you haven't destroyed a group/nulled a variable at places...this is presumably one of the reasons for the myths such as "in Jass there can be no memory leaks".

emjlr3

Reaction score
**UPDATE**

explained a little more about why to use Tables, linked to info about other methods like suggested, and cleaned all leaks in my examples

added what is a bj?

as far as other things to add to it, maybe creating a dummy caster for use I may add, but things like getting units in area, I explained how to loop through the groups, if a person can't create a group, well then, I can't very well go over every option there is for creating a group, as far as the natives go and the booleans go for filtering units out, their are tons, that would be sick, which covers a lot of what Ace said, other then what I added that he suggested

i'm not going to show how to make whole spells here, that is what the spell schools are about, and I already showed how to "slide" units in the dash spell

i also may add a part about all known leaks you can make in JASS, there are a lot, but it will make it short and sweet, w/o a lot of filler, so people can go there to see whether what they are doing leaks or not

other then that though does anyone have any other suggestions?

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
This is more likely to confuse readers instead of explaining...in fact most don't understand the op limit either.

emjlr3

Reaction score
lol i dont know what it is, i just know of it and how to avoid it

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
"op limit" (thread limit) - the time (operation) limit that one thread has before its terminated.
limitop - a variable type...can be set to things like LESS_THAN, GREATER_THAN_OR_EQUAL etc.

Now can you really say you can't live without knowing this?

I

IKilledKEnny

Just a suggestion: Keep the current version number at the top of the page.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
That is good but major problem for me is moving variables from one function to another. And as I realised (again) CSCache (CS for Caster System) and all other "ways" to move variables (data) from one function to another are available there you just need to pick one way what you like.
Implementing it is so much hassle. In the end I don' t know what to do lol. Where do I have to paste CSCache trigger ? to trigger called "CSCache" like in demo map or to map header because it is just wierd, I' m lost...

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Vexorian always makes highly detailed readme's in his systems, read the on from the CSCache carefully and you'll figure it on your own.

emjlr3

Reaction score
**UPDATED**

added leaks and caster dummy sections :)

enjoy!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.