Jass+lua?

Reaction score
Well, post what you are doing.
Does the little black box show upon save? If not then you didn't extract the files right.

Nestharus

o-o
Reaction score
I just extracted files to newgen folder and kept your file structure.. : \

a little black box doesn't show upon save either...

edit
woops.. for some reason it went into a shortcut folder, odd o-o, testing again sec

edit
plugin error

Nestharus

o-o
Reaction score
relook at my post, I put picture up

edit
Starting work on LuaHelper that'll hopefully be part of the Jass NewGen pack ><.

It'll run before anything else as it'll deal entirely with preprocessing.

Go me, maybe I'll finally get some rep for once, lol.

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
Starting work on LuaHelper that'll hopefully be part of the Jass NewGen pack ><.
Creating an lua preprocessor would be fantastic for confusing the heck out of people, imo. Honestly though, cookies for ya if you get this to work nicely. I always wanted a free form JASS preprocessing script like that. :)

Reaction score
Well, if you guys make a list of what you want I can possibly do it.
If it's not too much.

If you want things like code organization (scopes/libraries) then fuck off :p.

Nestharus

o-o
Reaction score
TriggerHappy, you know you can cheat with code organization right? You can output the Lua to local temp files and then insert requires filename into a single Lua block you designate and it'll order it all for you. Of course that wouldn't be near as efficient as ordering it yourself, but it'd be easy, lol

I'll make a list for you ok and let you know how to do it. I was honestly getting ready to do all of this (downloaded all the necessary programs and everything o-o).

Creating an lua preprocessor would be fantastic for confusing the heck out of people, imo. Honestly though, cookies for ya if you get this to work nicely. I always wanted a free form JASS preprocessing script like that.

Yea, it might confuse the heck out of some people, but having a free form jass preprocessing script is pretty epic. Just imagine the stuff you can do with your ItemStruct j4l, and your SpellStruct : O. Could be pretty sweet ; D. AIDS too : O.

Oh well, I'll compile the list and the methods for doing it then, just give me a sec as I was kinda in the middle of something o-o.

Also for the JASS Processing (writing it out etc), we can just use an Lua script to make it really easy. I can write the Lua script, you guys can tear it apart and call me noob and tell me how to rewrite it, and then LuaHelper can auto include it as the header. I'll have list up within the next 20 mins.

Nestharus

o-o
Reaction score
The problem is the Lua runs before any vJASS stuff is done. It's a preprocessor so you can't use any of the vJASS features like library and scope ; |. vJASS code and Lua code don't mix at all and they shouldn't mix. Lua writes code ; ).

I'll just write an Lua script.

Just make me a dll that I can call from Lua that is able to export a given file from a given mpq archive to a specified directory as a name and is able to add that file back in ><. There are no dlls out there to do that and I've been going crazy trying to find one : O.

Hell, you could edit one of the current dlls (bind it to Lua). Wouldn't take you that long ^_-.

My goal is this for static layout-
JASS:

function Hello takes nothing returns nothing
    //! i print([[local integer array i]])
    //! lua
        i = 10
        print([[local integer count = ]] .. i .. &quot;\n&quot;)
        while i ~= 0 do
            i = i - 1
            print([[set i[]] .. i .. [[] =]] .. i .. &quot;\n&quot;)
        end
    //! endlua
    loop
        set count = count - 1
        call DisplayTextToPlayer(GetLocalPlayer(), 0, 0, I2S(i[count]))
        exitwhen count == 0
    endloop
endfunction

And library layout is this-
JASS:

//! library Rawr uses MyRandomCode
    function Boo takes nothing returns nothing
        call Hello()
        //! i print(&quot;set nine = 8\n&quot;)
    endfunction
//! endlibrary

//! library MyRandomCode
globals
    integer nine = 9
endglobals

function Hello takes nothing returns nothing
    //! i print([[local integer array i]])
    //! lua
        i = 10
        print([[local integer count = ]] .. i .. &quot;\n&quot;)
        while i ~= 0 do
            i = i - 1
            print([[set i[]] .. i .. [[] =]] .. i .. &quot;\n&quot;)
        end
    //! endlua
    loop
        set count = count - 1
        call DisplayTextToPlayer(GetLocalPlayer(), 0, 0, I2S(i[count]))
        exitwhen count == 0
    endloop
endfunction
//! endlibrary

Then I'll include a core framework at the very top for lexical design and so on so that you have super power over generating code if you want it. Also will include LuaSocket and ways to easily auto update systems.

I'll also try and do some buttons and let you write Lua code for those.

Auto update will hopefully run when map opens if there is an internet connection.

Who knows, maybe even an automatic online backup. Of course, stuff that goes online would not bog down your script. I would put those into multiple threads ><.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.