JASS NewGen Pack 1.5d

Magentix

if (OP.statement == false) postCount++;
Reaction score
Well, all I know is that since 1.21b I only sometimes manage to fire up NewGen properly by using we.bat, but most of the times even that doesn't work.

Cohadar

master of fugue
Reaction score
Well, all I know is that since 1.21b I only sometimes manage to fire up NewGen properly by using we.bat, but most of the times even that doesn't work.

I had that problem BEFORE 1.21b.
It happens because Grimoire does not handle dll injection very well on all windows configurations + warcraft versions.

Hacking is a very messy business especially with multiversion software,
and since you cannot expect Grimoire developers to have every possible software versions to test at home they simply make it work with what they currently have.

But I can tell you this:
Since blizzard released a patch with no cd protection,
dll injection will be much easier to do so the next version of Grimoire will be permanent solution, it will work perfectly for all because all will be using same version of wc3.

So patience my friends, the time is near...

Vexorian

Why no custom sig?
Reaction score
Someone with:
- Windows XP.
- Problems that began with patch 1.21b
- Knowledge of what cmd.exe is and how to use it.

If you got time for the next hour, please go to wc3campaigns' chat section, Pipedream is active.

Vexorian

Why no custom sig?
Reaction score
Someone with:
- Windows XP.
- Problems that began with patch 1.21b
- Knowledge of what cmd.exe is and how to use it.

If you got time for the next hour, please go to wc3campaigns' chat section, Pipedream is active.
This new post should mostly be a repetition of the previous one, exactly the same situation, do you have time and want newgen to work in your computer? then go help us, note that guys like me, pitzer and pipe all have newgen working correctly on the latest patch so, we can't even acknowledge the bug.

Cohadar

master of fugue
Reaction score
This new post should mostly be a repetition of the previous one, exactly the same situation, do you have time and want newgen to work in your computer? then go help us, note that guys like me, pitzer and pipe all have newgen working correctly on the latest patch so, we can't even acknowledge the bug.

Sadly for the rest of you I also have no problems with NewGen...

PS: Double post self-quote, the worst case of post-incest I saw so far :D

EDIT:
Important link from previous page:
http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showpost.php?p=990383&postcount=541

Terrabull

Veteran Member (Done that)
Reaction score
When I try to install that pack, I can't use WEU Integration anymore, is there any way to fix that?

Vexorian

Why no custom sig?
Reaction score
When I try to install that pack, I can't use WEU Integration anymore, is there any way to fix that?

I remember in one of the debugging stages pipe asked BoNe to disable loadmpq.dll injection from we.lua , edit we.lua and uncomment the line that does such injection, Pipe might need you to test that it is still working correctly.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Hmmm, for some reason, I can't load NewGen. It says thats the WC3 disc isn't in my disc drive, but normal WE works with/without the disc and the WC3 autoplay works just fine so the disc shouldn't be the problem. Any idea what could be the problem? It worked last night without the disc, then it started loading maps in normal WE, even though I set it them to open with NewGen.

Edit: Ah, solved the problem ^^. The CD thing was because worldedit.exe was open, but it wasn't showing in the task bar.

Only problem now is that when I open NewGen, it occasionally doesn't show the Grimoire, Extensions and Compiler menus, but the Trigger Editor has the TESH menu.

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Quick question, I get the menues, i get, well everything starts so far, but I cant use Syntax Check, It just says "common.j not found, make sure it's in the same directory as TESH.dll and try again" should I just reinstall it to see if it's corrupted or is it another known problem?

Edit: This solved itself after one restart and hasn't occured since, great add-on/program ;)

PitzerMike

poo kaka
Reaction score
JNGP 4d Update

To get all the 1.21b trouble under control I'm releasing a temporary 4d version.
It contains mainly 1.21b related changes.
Everyone who has problems with the new patch should try this verison and report their results here. Once we've got everything worked out there shall be a new version.
Here's a list of the most important changes:

> Updated to Grimoire 1.5 (1.21b fixes)
> Updated to JassHelper 0.9.9.8
> Repaired the 'Register Shell Extensions' option so that maps open in NewGen WE with a double click (-> disable and re-enable this option in the menu to fix it)
> Various Grimex bugfixes
> This should work better with the 1.21b patch than previous versions, although it isn't clear if all problems are gone now
> Warmachine and w3jdebug menu entries added

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
does this work with 1.21 patch? i think im not going to use 1.21b, so maybe ill just stick with JNGP 4c

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
Hmm, it includes JH 0998... Well, JH 0998 isn't just in beta test? Would it be unstable for using it?

PitzerMike

poo kaka
Reaction score
Hmm, it includes JH 0998... Well, JH 0998 isn't just in beta test? Would it be unstable for using it?

It has small issues I've heard. But the next Jasshelper version should come soon.
If you dont have any problems with 4c you can as well stick with that until then.

Kenoriga

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Quick question, I get the menues, i get, well everything starts so far, but I cant use Syntax Check, It just says "common.j not found, make sure it's in the same directory as TESH.dll and try again"

I get the same error and it did not solve itself after restarting.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
To PitzerMike:

I can't use the file "common.j" in NewGen also. I think it's the file location, as it could not find it, thought it was right beside the TESH dll. Also, sometimes after I saved a map, NewGen crashes. I use XP, sp2, Traditional Chinese.

PitzerMike

poo kaka
Reaction score
I just found out that the common.j file must be put into the jasshelper folder, not into the TESH folder. Simply copy it there and the error will be gone. This syntax check is still kinda useless since it can only do a very limited check (without vJass syntax etc.).

tom_mai78102: Does the crash happen with older versions of NewGen too? Or does it only happen with the latest 4d version?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.