Jass related questions

I have decided to learn Jass and thus I have some questions:

What is data? Does it work like a game cache or hashtables?

What are Handles?

What are Structs?

What is a Method?

I might mention that I have neither vJass nor the NewGenEditor since it won't work properly for me. I've also read Vexorians and Rheias tutorials on Jass so i understand the Jass basics.

Thanks in advance!

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
>> What are Structs?

imagine a giant array... struct is like that... is the better and probably the most safe way to create mui jass

edit: ps: if you don't use vjass or newgen, then forget structs and methods :)

PooBucket

There's a few JASS tutorials out there and some in Hivesworkshop which talks about Handles. Not sure about the others since I dont use JASS :p
And perhaps this would be answered quickly and elaborated on if it was in the JASS section.

Thanks, I guess i have to try installing vJass after all. It's a bit stupid but I nearly think vJass is cheating.

I still wonder what data is though.

And perhaps this would be answered quickly and elaborated on if it was in the JASS section.
You are right. I accidently posted this in the wrong section. xD

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Have been talking to a childhood friend who is an Artist and is interested in doing some game music. He has a studio in his house. Yes!
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Going to try and get my friend into the homebrew game indie market he is real interested
  • Varine Varine:
    Does reforged require the port forwarding? Is that even still a thing?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not think that is a thing anymore
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Battle.net is different now and I do not think they are using the same network code
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am sure they are not
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Lately, news aren't as enticing as they seemed. Or maybe I'm getting old and desensitized.
  • jonas jonas:
    I think news are more serious recently
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    More serious doesn't necessarily mean it's more interesting. :(
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I find that news.google.com has lots of interesting science stuff going on and the Space X stuff with Starship is super cool too
  • The Helper The Helper:
    plus the boring company and physics stuff happening now but I am more into the science now but there is still some crazy news I see out there using Reddit as a news source though and aggregate services like news.google and stuff and put AP in there I always read the news and yes sometimes it is not as interesting as others
  • The Helper The Helper:
    At some point I am going to look at Xenforo and see if it integrates with Hubspot at all. Would love to look at forum under a full marketing account in Hubspot since I have access to that stuff with my current gig
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Kind of surprised it wouldn't have its own forum product offering.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    That said, when Blizzard switched forum software, they went with Discourse, not xenForo.
  • jonas jonas:
    I think news.google shows you personalized news
  • midnight8 midnight8:
    any of the peeps in here run youtube channels? Figure of all the peeps in this forum, got to be some other geeks like me with channels
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I can say I've uploaded a YouTube video.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I can say I know someone that uploaded a youtube video :)
  • jonas jonas:
    A friend of mine has a channel where he uploads some of the crazy machines he has built. Like when he plugged an electric motor into a 3d printed gearbox, attached it to his bycicle and then drove 50mph with it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You should post a link to his channel in General Discussion I would definitely check it out

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome