Tool jEdit Syntax Highlighting

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Description

I just recently started using jEdit, but was disappointed at the currently existing syntax highlighting, so I decided to make my own. This syntax highlighting will highlight cJASS correctly and as closely as I could get it at the time. Though, I am thinking of adding some useful functions like printf.

Anyways, why use jEdit? It's a powerful text editor with one extremely useful feature. Code folding. And it's not restrictive. You can either choose to have exclusive (manual folding) or folding by indentation (Godlike).

This is how my TESH is setup:

Capture-1.jpg

Preview

jEdit.jpg

How To Install

To install, simply place cJASS.xml (View attachment cJASS.zip) in X:\Program Files\jEdit\modes\

And, open catalog (no file extension) with any text editor and add this at the bottom:

Code:
<MODE NAME="cJASS" FILE="cJASS.xml" FILE_NAME_GLOB="{!{common,blizzard}}.j" />

That's it! It's now installed.

How To Edit

Think the color scheme is ugly? I did. Push Control + F12 (Or Utilities -> Global Options)

Find Syntax Highlighting.

Change the colors to your liking :3

Here's mine:

jEdit2.jpg

Reaction score
Dark blue background for a text editor is the ugliest thing I've ever seen.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score

That's only for JASS, vJASS, and Zinc (which are the files I linked, I just zipped them individually in the post). cJASS uses JASS because all of the types, natives, etc are in there.

The blue background is just my color scheme. Yours starts out even uglier, trust me :3

You can change it however you want it to.

The xml file only tells the program what to highlight, not what color to highlight it ;3

Vexorian

Why no custom sig?
Reaction score
I made all those files (except for the least useful one). No, I am not letting you redistribute them.

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
Cool, but needs instructions for other OSes (Linux and Mac).
Had to search to find out how to get it to work on Ubuntu.

+Rep.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.