US News Jesus Statue Struck By Lightning, Destroyed

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
MONROE, Ohio -- A six-story statue of Jesus Christ with his arms raised along Interstate 75 has been struck by lightning in a thunderstorm and the statue burned to the ground.

The "King of Kings" statue has stood since 2004 at the evangelical Solid Rock Church along I-75 at Route 63 in Monroe, just south of Dayton.

Monroe firefighters said the lightning strike set the statue on fire around 11:15 p.m. Monday. Firefighters said at their tallest, the flames reached 100 feet.

The sculpture, which was 62 feet tall, showed Jesus from the torso up and was nicknamed "Touchdown Jesus" by some because of the way his arms were raised.

Church members said the lightning strike and destructive fire stunned them, many thought it was a sign they need to pay attention to.

Last edited by a moderator:

Slayer4000X2008

That guy from Canada
Reaction score
Some say it's a sign that something is wrong. To me (I appologies to all the Christians here now) that the whole faith is a lie, why would god/jesus allow a statue of jesus to burn just as a sign. There would be other ways to do so without buring that statue.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Some say it's a sign that something is wrong. To me (I appologies to all the Christians here now) that the whole faith is a lie, why would god/jesus allow a statue of jesus to burn just as a sign. There would be other ways to do so without buring that statue.

Yet it could be a way for God to tell you to restore your faith? Who knows, I'm not even really religious.

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
Personally, I think its a sign that when you stick wood on a metal frame it attracts lightning and catches on fire. :)

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
I must admit though, I will miss seeing Butter Jesus off the side of the road :p I loved cracking jokes as I passed buy in the car. Maybe I'll get to see his undead remains or maybe he'll come back in 3 days. :rolleyes:

Crazy_Dead

Reaction score
"Some people gets struck by god earlier"

Swedish wisewords. :p
Komaqtion could explain it easier. :S

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Drakethos, the statue will miraculously reappear undamaged in 3 days <3 We all will be liek "ZOMG TEH GOD HAS TEH SPOKENZ AND ACTED!"

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
Drakethos, the statue will miraculously reappear undamaged in 3 days <3 We all will be liek "ZOMG TEH GOD HAS TEH SPOKENZ AND ACTED!"

Or they had a spare laying around. :p

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
its a sign that you shouldnt make a statue of Jesus that tall, made of wood.

Dont think that just because a religious symbol was struck down means its a "sign", because it probably isnt

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
Hilarious! I just heard on the news, people are stopping by the interstate and taking pictures and the state patrol has to keep them moving. I love how people react to catastrophes by taking pictures and gawking at the remains. :p It turns out they are going to rebuild it too. Ha, maybe this time he'll be fire proof.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
people standing and gawking is the same reason why traffic problems occur when there is a crash >.<

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
I wonder if I can get a piece of it. Would be nice on a shelf.

SineCosine

I'm still looking for my Tangent
Reaction score
I like how everyone who isn't religious is saying it's a sign. I thought you guys didn't believe in that sort of thing, :nuts:

I pray that the post you made was filled with sarcasm.
I honestly can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.