TD Joccarens TD Alpha tests

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hey, I have made a TD and decided to release the alpha Version for testing. I did have a forum in general world editor help but was told to move it here. Also, that thread has not been posted in in a long time. On to the TD:

Number of creeps spawned is equivilent to how many players are playing. There are 30 waves.
Waves are:
3 boss waves, 3 flying waves, 2 etheral waves, 1 invisibility wave and 21 normal waves.
There are six tower & builder types of which the Player can have three. Types Are:
Poison: Cheap, low-mod damage with slowing and DPS passive abilities
Normal: Basic Arrow and Hammer Towers
Magic: High damage expensive tower, one with slow aura passive ability. One also doesn't attack but has Rain of Magic instead.
Elemental: Prices range from Moderate to Moderatly High in cost and damage dealt relates to cost. No abilities.
Advanced: Advanced Arrow and Hammer Towers. Advanced Arrow has multishot. Advanced Hammer has Powerwave
Spirit: Mod-Low cost dealing low or no damage. One tower has true sight, one has Spirit Call
There are four modes that you can use (Not including Normal).
Modes are:
Short Mode: Half the time between levels
Long Mode: Double the time between levels
Basic Towers: You can only build basic towers
Deathmatch: You play with one life.
There is also a flying combat unit that you can train with the ability Liquid Fire

Changes from Previous Alpha Versions:
*Creeps have changed from small amounts of Hard creeps to large amounts of easy creeps. This has hopefully made it easier to win.
*Have fixed Etheral Levels
*Have fixed win condition
*Have Fixed (Hopefully) Creep behind tower problem
*Have fixed region Spawn Leak
*Added 'lower spawn count' trigger for when a player leaves

Screenshots:

Rules for Testing and Replying:
1. You are not allowed to edit this map, send it to other people or upload it to any sites unless permission is given by me. You are allowed to check the maps triggers to see how things are done but otherwise...
2. Do not just reply with 'It sucked' or 'It rocked' This will not help me improve my map. If you wish to say that it sucked or rocked, say why.
3. Please tell me about any bugs that occur in the map. Also, tell me if things are too hard/easy, too expensive/cheap or the game is too short/long.
4. You may post new ideas for creeps or towers. Note: If you posted it, it does not necassarily mean it will be added to the game. Only ideas that fit in with the game will be added. (This will be judged by me)
5. (optional) Please try all the modes and mode combos. I need to know if they work or not. Mode combos that will not work are combos including both Short Mode and Long Mode.
6. Have fun, though there are many rules, the main idea of any map is to have fun playing it so, seriously, just have fun.

Complete contents of map:
Towers:
Arrow: 4 levels. Low damage, fast fire rate. Upgrades well and has no abilities. Basic
Hammer: 4 levels. Moderate damage, slow fire rate. Upgrades well and has splash damage. Basic
Arcanus Slueth: 2 levels. Moderate-High damage, decent fire rate. Upgrades well and has slow aura. Magic
Dark Archmagia: 2 levels. High damage, slow fire rate. Upgrades decently and has no abilities. Magic
Tower of Magic Mastery: 1 level. No attack. Has Rain of Magic ability. Magic
Tower of Flame: 2 levels. Low damage, fast fire rate. Upgrades decently and has no abilities. Elemental
Tower of Lightning: 2 levels. Moderate damage, fast fire rate. Upgrades well and has no abilities. Elemental
Tower of Frost: 2 levels. Mod-Low damage, moderate fire rate. Upgrades well and has frost attack ability. Elemental.
Ghost Portal: 1 level. No attack. Has Spirit Call ability. Spirit.
Spirit tower: 2 levels. Very low damage, Very fast attack. Upgrades well and has true sight. Spirit.
Advanced arrow tower: 2 levels. Moderate damage, fast fire rate. Upgrades well and has Multishot. Advanced.
Advanced Hammer Tower: 2 levels. High damage, slow fire rate. Upgrades well and has Sonic wave. Advanced.
Death Poison Tower: 2 levels. Low damage, moderate fire rate. Upgrades badly and has DPS Poison
Slow Poison Tower: 2 levels. Low damage, moderate fire rate. Upgrades badly and has Slow Poison
Abilities:
Slow aura: Slows units in an area around the tower. Is active whilst tower is being built. Passive
Rain of Magic: Rains Pure Magic on an area, stunning and dealing damage. Active. Low cooldown.
Frost Attack: Slows units attacked by the tower. Passive
Spirit Call: Summons spirits from the etheral world for a short time to attack neaby enemies. Acitve. Mod Cooldown
True Sight: Allows the tower to see invisible units
Multishot: Allows the tower to attack multiple targets. Passive
Sonic wave: Sends Shockwaves of powerful force off the towers attacks. Passive.
DPS Poison: Deals Damage per second to attacked units. Passive
Slow Poison: Slows attacked units. Passive
Liquid Fire: Deals damage per second and slows attacked units. Passive
Player owned units:
Basic Builder: Builds Basic Towers
Elemental Builder: Builds Elemental Towers
Spirit Builder: Builds Spirit Towers
Magic Builder: Builds Magic Towers
Poison Builder: Builds Poison Towers
Advanced Builder: Builds Advanced Towers
Elvish Paridia Rider: High damage combat unit. Has Liquid Fire ability
Other Indexes coming soon. If you want more info in the indexes, tell me.

Current Level Record: Unset

Challenge:
Win the game in Shortmode, Basictower mode and deathmatch mode all at once (-SMBTDM) Must show proof (Game replay will work)

Challenge Leaderboard:
CCSDude: Lvl 27

Download:

Attachments

• TD Alpha 0.91.w3x
    76.1 KB · Views: 292

Joccaren

Reaction score
bump
if no-one posts any feedback I will close this forum. Please Post some feedback

ccsdude

Reaction score
Hey I tested your map...at first I didn't know where to put the towers, but after like I got it... the only thing I didn't like was the spawing cause if all players are playing this happens...

69348740.jpg

I think it would be better to spawn them 1 by 1, and it is just one small change to your spawn trigger...

Trigger:
  • Spawn
    • Events
      • Time - LevelTimer expires
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to UnitNumber, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 UnitType for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Spawn 1 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Create 1 UnitType for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Spawn 2 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Create 1 UnitType for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Spawn 3 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Create 1 UnitType for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Spawn 4 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Wait 1.50 seconds
      • Trigger - Turn on Start Next Level <gen>

Joccaren

Reaction score
Thanks, I've been looking for an easy way to do that.

And thanks for the leak fix, I'll update it soon.

Joccaren

Reaction score
updated, was unable to fix region leak properly in this version because of 'Expected a name' Error whilst removing the location. Attempt to fix in nxt version.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
>was unable to fix region leak properly in this version because of 'Expected a name' Error whilst removing the location

That means that you wrote the location variable's name incorrectly.

ccsdude

Reaction score
hey have you tested the winning condition cause I got to the final wave kill the 4 bosses and nothing happen...

Joccaren

Reaction score
With the previous version, it was impossible to win so I never got a chance to test it. Here is the Win Trigger, Can anyone tell me whats wrong with it:

Trigger:
  • Win
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
      • Level Equal to 31
    • Actions
      • Game - Victory Player 1 (Red) (Show dialogs, Show scores)
      • Game - Victory Player 2 (Blue) (Show dialogs, Show scores)
      • Game - Victory Player 3 (Teal) (Show dialogs, Show scores)
      • Game - Victory Player 4 (Purple) (Show dialogs, Show scores)
      • Game - Victory Player 5 (Yellow) (Show dialogs, Show scores)
      • Game - Victory Player 6 (Orange) (Show dialogs, Show scores)
      • Game - Victory Player 7 (Green) (Show dialogs, Show scores)
      • Game - Victory Player 8 (Pink) (Show dialogs, Show scores)

Also, with the expected a name error, how do you say part 1 of an array? I typed in the variable name then underscore, the number of the part of the array and it didn't work.

Yoshii

Reaction score
the condition most likely never happen, I hope level is an integer variable that get increase at the end of each wave.
also you know you can use loop
for each integer 1 to 8
show victory for player A

Joccaren

Reaction score
Yes, Level is an Integer Variable that increases after every wave. Here is the trigger that ups level:
Trigger:
  • Start Next Level
    • Events
      • Player - Player 12 (Brown)'s Food used becomes Equal to 0.00
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level Equal to 5) or ((Level Equal to 14) or (Level Equal to 21))
        • Then - Actions
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: This is a flying le...
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • Level Equal to 26
        • Then - Actions
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: This is a invisible...
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level Equal to 2) or (Level Equal to 28)
        • Then - Actions
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: This is a Etheral L...
        • Else - Actions
      • Set Level = (Level + 1)
      • Countdown Timer - Create a timer window for LevelTimer with title Next Wave
      • Countdown Timer - Show (Last created timer window)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level Equal to 11) or ((Level Equal to 21) or (Level Equal to 31))
        • Then - Actions
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: |cff32cd32You have ...
          • Player - Add 1 to Player 1 (Red) Current lumber
          • Player - Add 1 to Player 2 (Blue) Current lumber
          • Player - Add 1 to Player 3 (Teal) Current lumber
          • Player - Add 1 to Player 4 (Purple) Current lumber
          • Player - Add 1 to Player 5 (Yellow) Current lumber
          • Player - Add 1 to Player 6 (Orange) Current lumber
          • Player - Add 1 to Player 7 (Green) Current lumber
          • Player - Add 1 to Player 8 (Pink) Current lumber
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level Equal to 10) or ((Level Equal to 20) or (Level Equal to 30))
        • Then - Actions
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: |cffff0000Boss Leve...
          • Countdown Timer - Start LevelTimer as a One-shot timer that will expire in BossSpawnInt seconds
          • Wait BossSpawnInt seconds
          • Countdown Timer - Destroy (Last created timer window)
        • Else - Actions
          • Countdown Timer - Start LevelTimer as a One-shot timer that will expire in NormalSpawnInt seconds
          • Wait NormalSpawnInt seconds
          • Countdown Timer - Destroy (Last created timer window)

Joccaren

Reaction score
anyone else want to test the map or know why my victory isn't working?

bump

Joccaren

Reaction score
bump

Could some other people please post feedback or tell me how to fix my victory condition.

Joccaren

Reaction score
bump

sorry if this is a bit too early, the times on the forums are different to the times on my clocks and I haven't yet figured out the time difference. (For ome reason, the difference seems to change)

Oops, was 4 hours to early

ccsdude

Reaction score
Hey your challenge of -BTSMDM is impossible because when you reach lvl 27 you can't see the creeps so you can't kill them and you die...

You should put something like this on the Level Set trigger on the part of the 27 lvl...

Trigger:
    • If - Conditions
      • Level Equal to 27
    • Then - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Basic Tower Mode <gen> is on) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Set UnitNumber = ((Number of players in TDers) x 20)
          • Set UnitType = Murloc Nightcrawler (Level 27) <b>(But it doesn&#039; have invi)</b>
        • Else - Actions
          • Set UnitNumber = ((Number of players in TDers) x 20)
          • Set UnitType = Murloc Nightcrawler (Level 27)
    • Else - Actions

By the way I see that at every lvl you set a new value to UnitNumber, but you never really update the TDers group to see if any player left so I find it little bit useless... you could at map initialization after the TDers group is finished set the UnitNumber and so you don't need to put again and again or you could make a trigger to update the TDers group and have it run at start of Level Set so if any player left less creeps will spawns...

P.S if you want I think I can make the trigger for any of the two options or leave it like that it works fine :D

Joccaren

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll make that in my next update. Also, that was the point of level 27You need to have spirit towers, they have true sight and can see the invisi's

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.