UK News Julian Assange in Big Trouble - Founder of WikiLeaks Arrested.

LiveSsenkrad

Reaction score
Julian Assange, the founder of WikiLeaks, has been arrested in London under a Swedish warrant.

The controversial whistle-blowing website’s founder is accused of rape, unlawful coercion and sexual molestation in Stockholm. Mr Assange, 39, denies the charges, which he claims are politically motivated.

He arrived at City of Westminster magistrates' court around 1pm on Tuesday.

Supporters are organising a protest demonstration outside the court. At the same time, online activists have launched attacks on the websites of services such as PayPal which have blocked WikiLeaks in recent days.

Pressure on WikiLeaks has been growing since it began releasing thousands of classified US documents.

The latest was a list of what the US called “critical infrastructure” sites around the world.

Robert Gates, the US defence secretary, told reporters in Afghanistan on Tuesday that Mr Assange’s arrest was “good news”.

Mr Assange has previously threatened that other WikiLeaks activists would release a “deluge” of further documents in the event of his arrest and the website on Tuesday insisted that today’s events would not affect its plans for the further publication of leaked documents, which are expected to continue into the new year.

Last edited by a moderator:

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
no, as far as the "rape" i.e. who was raped or what evidence do they have relating to a rape

He was making a funny. And it's true. He raped the US gov't.

They are going to obviously hide who claims to have been raped by the fellow. Because, he probably never raped anyone. It's obvious that the claims are politically motivated.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bullshit did he rape someone. It's obviously politically motivated.

shinami

Redirect your complaints to the nearest wall
Reaction score
P.S Assange gave himself in, to clear his name as his lawyer said.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
Assange gave himself in, to clear his name as his lawyer said.
Something the article - probably deliberately - doesn't mention. Well, it might, but you have to be a member to view the whole thing, and I'll be damned if I'm signing up just to read one article.

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
I bet that the next leaks will be devastating =P

Why else would he be arrested on a seemingly odd matter?

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
Why else would he be arrested on a seemingly odd matter?

I think you missed the post above, he turned himself in, thus he was arrested - the rape charge was on him for a while now

P.S. maybe this is a better coverage of it, I seem to only be able to read the first sentence from the original link, maybe you need to log in or something

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Just to clear up "turned himself in," he turned himself in because there was a warrant for his arrest anyway, he did not confess to the rapes.

Also there will be leaks posted about the Bank of America and something else which I forget. This would obviously be reason enough to try to stop him from doing so, however he's stated that if it's not him publishing it, someone else will for him (as stated in the 1st post but I know most of you don't read that far).

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Do you believe "The truth always comes out in the end" In this case?

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
The Rape charge was he did not wear a condom during Consensual sex in Switzerland.

you can get charged with that?! wtf?
i thought he actually raped a chick in like a dark alley

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
you can get charged with that?! wtf?
i thought he actually raped a chick in like a dark alley

Well if you read the article, he was charged with sexual molestation in combination of both the girl's getting played and the lack of condoms. Also they argued that he purposefully made the hole in the condom.

However that case was long dismissed.

One of the girls came back recently and told media that it was actually a rape and she said "no"....not consensual sex as she first described it. Obviously it's bullshit and if he seriously gets charged with rape, we know something is up.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.