Jump Slam Ability help

irgan

Reaction score
i've already made most of the trigger myself, it's in GUI, but i cant figure out how to get the unit to jump TOWARDS the targer point, it just jumps up and down then slams.

Trigger:
  • Jump
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set JumpS_Time = (JumpS_Time + 1)
      • Animation - Change JumpS_Caster flying height to JumpS_Height at 10000.00
      • Set JumpS_TempPoint1 = (Position of JumpS_Caster)
      • Set JumpS_TempPoint2 = (JumpS_TempPoint1 offset by JumpS_DistanceBetweenPoints towards (Facing of JumpS_Caster) degrees)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • JumpS_Time Less than 20
        • Then - Actions
          • Set JumpS_Height = (JumpS_Height + 15.00)
            • If - Conditions
              • JumpS_Time Less than 40
            • Then - Actions
              • Set JumpS_Height = (JumpS_Height + 5.00)
            • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • JumpS_Time Greater than or equal to 40
        • Then - Actions
          • Set JumpS_Height = (JumpS_Height - 5.00)
            • If - Conditions
              • JumpS_Time Greater than or equal to 60
            • Then - Actions
              • Set JumpS_Height = (JumpS_Height - 10.00)
                • If - Conditions
                  • JumpS_Time Greater than or equal to 80
                • Then - Actions
                  • Trigger - Turn off Jump <gen>
                  • Unit - Turn collision for JumpS_Caster On
                  • Set JumpS_EffectPoint = (Position of JumpS_Caster)
                  • Special Effect - Create a special effect at JumpS_EffectPoint using Abilities\Spells\Orc\WarStomp\WarStompCaster.mdl
                  • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of JumpS_Caster) using Objects\Spawnmodels\Other\NeutralBuildingExplosion\NeutralBuildingExplosion.mdl
                  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_JumpS_EffectPoint)
                • Else - Actions
            • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_JumpS_TempPoint2)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_JumpS_TempPoint1)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_JumpS_CasterPoint)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_JumpS_CastingPoint)

can someone help with this problem?

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
You need to move the unit by setting a polar off-set every time the trigger runs and then simply just move the unit towards the point gradually.

irgan

Reaction score
ah, sweet. Thank you :D One more problem I'm having is with this spell:

Trigger:
  • Firey Wrath
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Mega Flare
    • Actions
      • Set Caster = (Triggering unit)
      • Set CasterLoc = (Position of Caster)
      • Set TargetPoint = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Set Angle = (Angle from CasterLoc to TargetPoint)
      • For each (Integer B) from 1 to (4 + (1 x (Level of Mega Flare for Caster))), do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set TempPoint = (CasterLoc offset by (200.00 x (Real((Integer B)))) towards Angle degrees)
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Caster for (Owner of Caster) at TempPoint facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Add MegaFlareDummy to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Set level of MegaFlareDummy for (Last created unit) to (Level of Mega Flare for Caster)
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Blood Mage - Flame Strike TempPoint
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at Point using Objects\Spawnmodels\Other\NeutralBuildingExplosion\NeutralBuildingExplosion.mdl
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint)
          • Wait 0.10 game-time seconds
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_CasterLoc)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TargetPoint)

i continue to get an error saying "cannot be enabled because not all parameters have values." see anything anywhere that i missed?

Opa

Reaction score
ah, sweet. Thank you :D One more problem I'm having is with this spell:

Trigger:
  • Firey Wrath
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Mega Flare
    • Actions
      • Set Caster = (Triggering unit)
      • Set CasterLoc = (Position of Caster)
      • Set TargetPoint = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Set Angle = (Angle from CasterLoc to TargetPoint)
      • For each (Integer B) from 1 to (4 + (1 x (Level of Mega Flare for Caster))), do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set TempPoint = (CasterLoc offset by (200.00 x (Real((Integer B)))) towards Angle degrees)
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Caster for (Owner of Caster) at TempPoint facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Add MegaFlareDummy to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Set level of MegaFlareDummy for (Last created unit) to (Level of Mega Flare for Caster)
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Blood Mage - Flame Strike TempPoint
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect at Point using Objects\Spawnmodels\Other\NeutralBuildingExplosion\NeutralBuildingExplosion.mdl
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TempPoint)
          • Wait 0.10 game-time seconds
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_CasterLoc)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_TargetPoint)

i continue to get an error saying "cannot be enabled because not all parameters have values." see anything anywhere that i missed?

Trigger:
  • Special Effect - Create a special effect at Point using Objects\Spawnmodels\Other\NeutralBuildingExplosion\NeutralBuildingExpl osion.mdl

What is Point?

irgan

Reaction score
OH! Thank you! :D that's what i missed. Point is an empty slot where a variable should go :p

irgan

Reaction score
You need to move the unit by setting a polar off-set every time the trigger runs and then simply just move the unit towards the point gradually.

and i added in a loop with a move unit instantly with polar off-set. For some reason i don't think that's the correct choice of a trigger, but even if it is, i don't see anywhere in my trigger that i could place it that it would go smoothly and not freak out and randomly jump around. Mind Pointing out somewhere i could place the polar off-set?

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
You just store the unit's current location every time the periodic trigger run. Basically it's a sequence like this:

Set Polar off-set (using Old Location Stored in your variable) off-set by (your speed) towards (angle between casting point and target location)
Move unit to new point.
Save new point as variable, remove old point.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.