Just Curious

MasterOfABCs

Unacceptable!
Reaction score
[FONT =Arial]xxx[/FONT] I stumbled upon this forum about 15 minutes ago and found it quite interesting so.I'm jut wondering i've read most of this thread and what i took from it was this; all of you make War Craft III & Frozen Throne custom games/maps correct? becuse i've played for a long time and never once seen your names on a credit list in a loading screen. Like i said im just wondering/confirming

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
well i only have one map done so far, Ice TD, its in the hosted maps thread, check it out. ;)

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Some of the best mapmakers' maps in the world aren't hosted at all.

The mapping community and gaming community are too seperate communities; there is also a medicore, copy-cat, in-between community of mapmakers, who usually just change some strings and models around (common examples are DotA and LoaP). Thus, there is some difficulty in passing the maps from the mapmaker echelon down to the gaming community.

\/\/e usually make maps more for <our> own benefit, or for a communal benefit, as most maps here don't get far enough along to be regularly hosted at Bnet. For instance, Ryoko TD, made by SD_Ryoko here, is one of the best TD's I've played, and yet ----- many cheap, laughable, formatable TD's are called 'good maps' and hosted way past what they deserve, while I have seen Ryoko_TD hosted maybe 5-10 times on US_West. I haven't seen any of the 'Return of the Dragon', 'Shipwrecked', 'Day of the Fish', etc. projects hosted on wc3sear.ch on Bnet, and yet that is all they can talk about over there --->.

What a strange world we live in :p

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Shadowy's got a good point.

As for my accomplisments, I've started about 5 projects, ROFL! And only finished one, which I just released today, Vampire Slayer. It's a prelude to a bigger map I'm working on, while contributing here :)

(DL Vampire Slayer here, if you're interested in it. The Hero I made for this map, Alexander appears in it ;))

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
Thread split from the TLS signup thread. Let's stay on topic guys.

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Battleships? THAT is a good, unique game :) For the longest time, it was hosted almost 2/3 as much as DotA, which is very good. However, a bunch of crappy, mixed up, and hacked versions came out after it :/. Now, it's hard to tell which was the original map and who the original creator was (sked, right?).

Some other games that flared briefly were Parasite Ex and Dark Deeds, Dixel/Blixel's TD (s), and Footmen Wars (z?).

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
I liked Dark Deeds... Always a lot of fun, I played quite a few variations (not rigged maps, just different themes to the basic idea).

Footman Wars was... Interesting :p I played one with Necromancers once, which was pretty cool.

R

Ralle_Janis

Footman Frenzy is a very nice game, i play it alot :)

But the reason u dont see the names migth also be becouse u play on another realm than these guy :)

H

Hube 4 real

Parasite Ex is the best map !!! ever!! though its based on "who is the alien".... that map just don't cut it to be a good bnet map.

Parasite Ex for the win and stuff..... good hunting!

L

lol

ya

it think parasite ex was a good one my fav. footman friends is the on wear u can say G.O.d give me gold but no one hosts it anymore!:(

mixmax2

RedArmyGangsta
Reaction score
.. most of the greatest maps are kicked out of the way by crappy dota, thats why u dont see anyone's names on any "loading screens"

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
You like parasite? I think Zerg infestation is awesome, Its same genre just finding otu whos the zerg with alot of cool custom crap XD

mixmax2

RedArmyGangsta
Reaction score
The changeling was a pretty interesting map, one player gets selected to be a mutating alien who must kill the others b4 they kill him, he can literally change into almost anything and the best part is, his default form looks like the rest of the players :cool:

PB_and_J

level 85 anti-spammer
Reaction score
Anyone other then me that this thread was bumped up from july to november in 3 posts?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.