Just need a few more ideas...

Steve

Reaction score
Ok because of the options you all are putting up there I have opened this up to any of my five races(Fire, Ice, Earth, Chaos, Light) A lot of people here are creative and smart I think we can get something going. Try to follow this template the best possible(if you cant think of the field just put N/A.

Tower Name:
Model Used:
Tower Damage(Estimate):
Cost:
Build Time(don't make it insane):
Splash(Yes or no will do):
Special Abilities(Try to be original, auras and multishot are used already):
Tier(Where it should be in the build chain, number 1-7 please):
Upgrades To(just put the name unless you feel you want to make another tower):

List anything dealing with the above races

D

Demon-Spawn

Tower Name: Kaotic Kannon
Model Used: Death Tower
Tower Damage(Estimate): 50-60
Cost: Not Sure You Estimate
Build Time(don't make it insane): No Sure You Estimate
Splash(Yes or no will do): No
Special Abilities(Try to be original, auras and multishot are used already): For every unit killed by the Kaotic Kannon it adds +2 damage to its damage and will stack until 10 seconds has passed without killing anything.
Tier(Where it should be in the build chain, number 1-7 please): 4 or 5

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Tower Name: Senim
Model Used: TNT Barrel
Tower Damage(Estimate): 10 (This depends on the amount of health the units it will be killing have)
Cost: 100 (Depends on how fast/much a player can get by killing, or if they recieve income)
Build Time(don't make it insane): 10 Secs (Depends on how fast the wave spawn)
Splash(Yes or no will do):No
Special Abilities(Try to be original, auras and multishot are used already): When it kills a unit, it will spawn a Land Mine (Regular Mine) That will explode and deal AoE. Small damage (Again, depends on the health of the monsters)
Tier(Where it should be in the build chain, number 1-7 please): 3 or 4

Just read you wanted something holy... well just replace it with something holy...that explodes :D

You should give more information about your units. How much Health will they have? Armor? How will players receive income? Through bounty(killing) or every X seconds depending on something else? How often are the waves?

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
Tower Name: Holy Beam Tower
Model Used: Mass Teleport (the big circle)
Tower Damage(Estimate): 1-1 (very very fast attack speed) (explaned later)
Cost: Your game, i dont know the average price (you pick this)
Build Time(don't make it insane): 15-20 secs, also dependent on wave spawns
Splash(Yes or no will do): no
Special Abilities(Try to be original, auras and multishot are used already): Original to warcraft, but taken from starcraft 2... As the tower attacks, the more damage delt to a unit, the higher the towers attack will be, every .1 seconds or so (attack rate), it will add 1 armor peirceing attack to this tower, if this tower switches targets, then all added damage will lost and will have to start anew (also a Lightning attack ability for the Blue <mana drain latch> for the attacks)
Tier(Where it should be in the build chain, number 1-7 please): 6, every level will add +1 base attack and +1 damage add, at the end it shuld be 7-7 base +7 per attack, but this will also be dependent on how much hp the ending units will have

Pros of this tower: Good for takeing down bosses if placed correctly
Cons: If put in a bad place, or if the enimies move out of range too fast, then the tower will never biuld up enough attack to kill anything

if this game uses mana for attacks, this tower can be run on mana, so if its not fed enough mana then the beam will loose its target and the damage is reset

Steve

Reaction score
ok first thanks for all the ideas, great to have them. Second, creep waves are every 45 seconds and players do not recieve gold at the end of each round, perhaps in the future for balancing reasons. For now each tower does not have upgrades so the tower cost should be in the range of 10-300 depending on the tier. Because of no tower upgrades the Alfa version will only have 20 levels, just so I can balance tower cost, damage, attack ect. ect. Now is the time I guess to reveal the great secret about my TD that I dont "think" has been done before; you can make your own race. I am organizing the towers based on race names for organization and a constant theme through the tiers of towers. There are 7 tiers in total and after the holy race there will be 5 races of towers to choose from. A special bonus will be given to the player who can beat the game with only one race of towers such as Light. The bonus will be a code specific to your name that will allow you to spawn a unique builder of your winning race that provides a bonus to that race of towers(for light it might be a damage bonus aura or something along thoes lines). I hope this helps in the creation of future towers by our awsome community here at the helper. Also I am opening up this disscution to the races of: Fire, Ice, Earth, Chaos and Light. As I will need future towers and many more exciting ideas, also as another incentive if I choose to pick your tower credit will be given to you in game in the form of your name in the tower's description(it may not seem like much but you can tell your friends your part of a cool map :) ) I bid you all a good night and keep the ideas flowing.

xKxIxNxGx

Reaction score
Tower Name: xWaVeX (light/holy or w/e)
Model Used:EnergyField <base>
Tower Damage(Estimate):10-100(atk speed.. as fast as possible)
projectile art:Barkskin<target>
projectile spd:100-400 ..
Cost:200(depends though... so this will be above average)
Build Time(don't make it insane):(idk)
Splash(Yes or no will do):Yup it needs it for its slow projectiles
Special Abilities(Try to be original, auras and multishot are used already):crit stirke.. but.. 1% to do 100x damage.. or AoE Stun... for 5 sec 10% chance..
Tier(Where it should be in the build chain, number 1-7 please): 3-5
Upgrades To(just put the name unless you feel you want to make another tower):
jsut a new tower.. you can fill in the blanks.. LOOL
Fire Pillar... just what the projectiles look like, Flame Strike<special> if you dont know what it is.. its the fire that emits from the ground.. ya thats cool.. it would do seige damage and burns people who are near it.. so AoE.. and they continue to burn for 10 sec.. it attack spd is normal.. it does 200 dmg.. or 100-300.. or 100 but BIG AoE... and if its Big AoE.. i want a MEtoer falling from the sky.. :D...

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
1. The idea with code is used in shopping maul
2. The idea sucks if you just give a dmg bonus.

Tower Name: Burning tower
Model Used:Fire lord (with fiery attachments if possible)
Tower Damage(Estimate): 1-1 (very fast attack speed)
Cost: 200
Build Time(don't make it insane):15 sec
Splash(Yes or no will do):no (would be cool if you can do it splash but just if you can do the ability working in splash)
Special Abilities(Try to be original, auras and multishot are used already): The ability of fire lord dealing more dmg each hit (first hit : 1 bonus dmg, second hit: 2 bonus dmg, third hit: 3 bonus dmg, etc...)
Tier(Where it should be in the build chain, number 1-7 please): 3
Upgrades To(just put the name unless you feel you want to make another tower): -

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
Tower Name: Razormane Masticore (Chaotic Race)

Model Used: Spirit Wolf

Tower Damage: 450 - 465

Attack Speed: Very Fast, .6 cooldown

Cost:
300 gold

Build Time: 20 seconds

Splash: Yes

Special Abilities: He loses 10 hit points every time he attacks. It costs 20 gold to heal him.

Tier: 7

Upgrades To: None

Steve

Reaction score
armed citizen I like the tower idea except for the damage part, he could kill himself in a long round if the user is not carefull and with a cooldown that fast he would damage himself quite quickly. However if the cost of this tower was say 235 gold for a final tower this would be worth it.

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
he could kill himself in a long round if the user is not carefull and with a cooldown that fast he would damage himself quite quickly.

That is the whole point. You make him very powerful but high maintenance. It will eventually cost you shit loads of gold to have this tower but it will rip through the pathetic creeps. :p

You can't build many of it for sure, and it kind of halts all other progress. So it is a good tower, and a bad tower. Makes you really think if you want to build it. The benefits of it are great but very costly.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
1. The idea with code is used in shopping maul
2. The idea sucks if you just give a dmg bonus.

Tower Name: Burning tower
Model Used:Fire lord (with fiery attachments if possible)
Tower Damage(Estimate): 1-1 (very fast attack speed)
Cost: 200
Build Time(don't make it insane):15 sec
Splash(Yes or no will do):no (would be cool if you can do it splash but just if you can do the ability working in splash)
Special Abilities(Try to be original, auras and multishot are used already): The ability of fire lord dealing more dmg each hit (first hit : 1 bonus dmg, second hit: 2 bonus dmg, third hit: 3 bonus dmg, etc...)
Tier(Where it should be in the build chain, number 1-7 please): 3
Upgrades To(just put the name unless you feel you want to make another tower): -

this is basically my tower idea -_- only the model is differnt....

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
oO didn't read yours. sry :(
okay, new one:
Tower Name: Shock wave tower
Model Used: Tauren chieftan
Tower Damage(Estimate): 1-1 (normal attack speed)
Cost: 50
Build Time(don't make it insane): 10
Splash(Yes or no will do): no
Special Abilities(Try to be original, auras and multishot are used already): every attack of this tower creates a shockwave. target is the attacked unit. damage is 25
Tier(Where it should be in the build chain, number 1-7 please): 2
Upgrades To(just put the name unless you feel you want to make another tower): Shock wave tower 2 :>

S

Sanandreasm4

I have a very orignal idea for a TD(wich I think hasnt been done).
And yes maybe your already making something else but anway.
Make a kinda ''chess'' board.
Then make that you can type:
-DeathTower 12 m
It will create a death tower at 12 m!
(if you get my idea).
And yes it might be much work but at least it's very orignal(I think)!

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
lol thats alright

Tower Name: Light refracter (spelling?)
Model Used: Power generator
Tower Damage(Estimate): X
Cost: (very high in your game standards)
Build Time(don't make it insane): 90 seconds
Splash(Yes or no will do): Bounce
Special Abilities(Try to be original, auras and multishot are used already): This tower starts its attack by attacking an allied biulding (dealing no damage), it will bounce from tower to tower, each bounce increseing its attack by (a fairly high ammount on your map) when it reaches the last tower that the player owns, it will proceed to blind the enimies, dealing damage equal to the ammount biult up, but looseing a portion of that per bounce, also inficts the status blind, which is basically cripple. (bounces to enimies are equal to bounces from biuldings, also the lowest teir it can bounce on is 4-5 or so)
Tier(Where it should be in the build chain, number 1-7 please): 7
Upgrades To(just put the name unless you feel you want to make another tower): this is a ulti tower

Steve

Reaction score
guys thanks for all your help, I like several of the towers here and may put them into my map, please if you have any more post them.

Steve

Reaction score
I suppose Ill try to resurect my thread because I am still working on the map after taking a half year break of no warcraft. To all who gave me ideas before thanks so much and many will be used, but please I do need more I only have 2/5 races complete and some half way done. Using the same template before just list anything that comes to mind really, just try to focus on Earth, Chaos and Light towers as thoes are the ones I need the most.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.