Kassadin

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Herro again. I kept going through bad signatures, so I didn't want to post any up. Finally got one that I feel I did a good job on.

scaled.php

scaled.php

With and without text. Wasn't very sure of that.

Comments, suggestions and critique are welcome as always.

Also, I think a good joint project would help liven this place up a bit. Something that everyone can work on in terms of art.

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
You, sir, have just created something pretty fucking badass. Can I see the original render/stock? Its hard for me to tell what's part of the original and what's not.

On the other hand, the joint project probably wouldn't work. A lot of effort is required of people and I'm sure that effort is the one thing all of us lazy people lack right now. I believe we who are still "active" is exactly what this forum needs. People are bound to stumbleupon us eventually.

^
|
|
Intended lack of spacebar pushing between stumble and upon because I'm on 4 hours of sleep and I thought'd it be funny.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> I think a good joint project
Comic, maybe? :) But make it a one-shot thing instead of a long term one. For example, set a number of page to be drawn (6 at max, I presume). Storyline. Colour (if any). Etc. Then again, just a suggestion.

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Tyvm undead.

Here's the original kassadin render. (Note: you might need to sign in)

There's also a C4D duplicated around 3 times and set in different ways, but I don't remember where I got that from :3.

@Vypur:
I honestly don't know. A comic might be simple enough to do yeah, and if there are no ideas on what to comic about, we could always try to illustrate a story. There are plenty of good stories out there.

Personally, I'm fiddling around with my tablet a bit more now. I realize that signature creation isn't that active over here, so I've decided to try my hand at a little more complex art. It's taking time though....I'm learning as I go.

Syndrome

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I still get bothered by the shape of the signature >_<!
Leave the texts out for now and work on the dynamics of your signature first, though its definitely improving. You have most of the basics down now, so it's probably time to move on to the more advanced stuff.
It's pretty good, but I think it's lacking a little something extra. Try using the burn and dodge tools to help accent the shadows and lighting and you might want to begin using effect C4Ds to add some dynamic effects to accompany the things you've already have in place. Try duplicating the render, place it underneath the existing render, and take out the smudging tool to emphasize movement [remember to lower opacity]. Remember that only choosing one or two 'similar' colors to use in a signature won't have that... 'oomph'. You might want to introduce complimentary colors, or a lot more similar colors in the signature with varying brightness. Hmmm... maybe add some glowing effects to the eyes to bring your attention to the focal, and start fiddling around with filters. Oh, and the text lol.
I sorta bombarded you with a lot of next steps that you could take lol, but those are things you might want to consider as your next steps.
Good job, and keep up the good work!

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
@Syndrome:

I don't get what you mean by the 'shape' of the signature.... :S. Are you talking about the dimensions?

Also, I kinda use a lot of the techniques you've mentioned :3. Though it's true I'm not very good with some of them lol.

Syndrome

Reaction score
Yeah, the dimensions are just really quirky for me. Never ceases to bother me >_>.

Syndrome

Reaction score
Most of my more recent signatures are around this big.

205b575.png

undeadorcjerk

Reaction score
Nah, signatures can be what ever size you'd like. Its just a matter of personal opinion.

Syndrome

Reaction score
That's true. I just get bothered by it. It's like an itch someplace you can't reach :p

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
I know what you mean lol. I just find it hard filling in all that space provided by the extra width. A lot of the renders I'm looking at right now are very height centric....not the best for wide sigs.

undeadorcjerk

Reaction score
Make a vertical sig then?

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Eh. I find vertical sigs impractical tbh. The whole point of signatures is to use them on forums like this....and so far I've never seen a vertical sig actually fit well.

undeadorcjerk

Reaction score
Impractical?... maybe, still a work of art? Yes

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
I made like a few signatures, but it's not my thing. However, seeing big a$$ signatures which extend somebody's post, say they have just a couple of words, it can really annoy me. I MY opinion I think these signatures should smaller, at least the height should be.

I'll leave the rest to you guys :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.