World Katy Perry album declared a bio-hazard by Australia

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Bio-security officers in Australia have been ordered to inspect any copies of Katy Perry's new album arriving into the country from overseas.

The Department of Agriculture fears small packets of seeds given away with Prism could pose a risk to the country.

The Australian release is believed to contain harmless locally-sourced seeds.

However, the department told news.com.au that international versions are a "bio-security concern" and will be searched on arrival in the country.

"The Australian government has a strong system in place to detect and respond to material of bio-security concern," said a spokesperson for the Department of Agriculture.

"This includes the inspection of mail, cargo and baggage."

The deluxe version of Perry's album Prism, which is currently number one in Australia's Aria chart, contains a small packet of seeds which the US singer encourages fans to plant.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
What the FUCK would Katy Perry want her fans to plant?
Other than that, I first thought that they meant the album itself. I agreed with the title, as her music makes my ears bleed.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Not surprised. They are very strict about what comes into the country.
Well, especially plants and food based products.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Not surprised. They are very strict about what comes into the country.
Well, especially plants and food based products.

Every country should impose measures like that. Foreign species have a tendency to decimate local ecosystems.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope.
This is called evolution. The foreign species are just superior to your local ones and take over. Its the survival of the fittest.
You can try to fight it with artificially set up borders, but eventually evolution will beat you and it will happen regardless.

Zakyath

Reaction score
Nope.
This is called evolution. The foreign species are just superior to your local ones and take over. Its the survival of the fittest.
You can try to fight it with artificially set up borders, but eventually evolution will beat you and it will happen regardless.

That is really not how evolution works. Evolution is a slow process built on random mutations over very long periods of time. Shipping plants from one side of the earth to the other can have negative effects on local ecosystems and is not considered "evolutional".

And besides, even though evolution has taken us this far doesn't mean that we should sit back and watch it make the world a worse place - we should use what evolution has done for us to make the world a better place. That means not meddling with local ecosystems just because a pop star says so. When we should meddle is when greater things are at risk.

Let me give you a little bit of a background to when evolution isn't necessarily good. A few billion years ago evolution spawned a bacteria that sent oxygen into the atmosphere. As this bacteria grew in numbers, over 99% of all life on earth became extinct. This was, of course, good for us - but that doesn't mean we'd like something similar to happen again. Just because something is a part of evolution (which it isn't in this case), that does not make it good.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
That is really not how evolution works. Evolution is a slow process built on random mutations over very long periods of time. Shipping plants from one side of the earth to the other can have negative effects on local ecosystems and is not considered "evolutional".
Of course its evolution. All life is part of evolution. Everytime a living organism dies and everytime a living organism is born it is evolution. A slow process of mutations is also part of evolution, but only a small part. Mutations come and go at random, what is important is whether living beings survive the mutation or die.
If the mutation makes you stronger then you have a good chance of living a long life and having lots of sex. This will make the mutation spread around.

If the foreign species are dangerous to the local eco-system then this is because the local eco-system can not deal with the foreign species. Why can it not deal with it? Because the foreign species has advanced in a certain way, that the local eco-system is just not able to respond to.
The local eco-system will either die or adapt to the new situation. Either way evolution is taking place.

And besides, even though evolution has taken us this far doesn't mean that we should sit back and watch it make the world a worse place - we should use what evolution has done for us to make the world a better place. That means not meddling with local ecosystems just because a pop star says so. When we should meddle is when greater things are at risk.

Let me give you a little bit of a background to when evolution isn't necessarily good. A few billion years ago evolution spawned a bacteria that sent oxygen into the atmosphere. As this bacteria grew in numbers, over 99% of all life on earth became extinct. This was, of course, good for us - but that doesn't mean we'd like something similar to happen again. Just because something is a part of evolution (which it isn't in this case), that does not make it good.
I never said "evolution is good" or "evolution is bad" and it is actually neither of both. Evolution is something that is just there and you cant change it. I said you can not stop it and I stand correct. There is nothing you can do about it but slow its process down.
Do whatever you like, but I am not going to fight it.

FireCat

Reaction score
Evolution is something that is just there and you cant change it. I said you can not stop it and I stand correct. There is nothing you can do about it but slow its process down.

What do you say about this Article?

Sir David Attenborough: Humans have stopped evolving

Human beings have stopped evolving after becoming the only species to “put halt to natural selection of its own free will”, Sir David Attenborough has said, as he predicts the “cultural evolution” of the future.

Sir David, whose new show concentrates on the ascent of man, said he believed humans had now stopped evolving in physical terms, after developing means to keep even the weakest of the species alive. Saying we are now able to rear up to 99 per cent of our babies, he added people were no longer subject to Darwinian theories natural selection.

Instead, he proposed, humans would continue to develop in a cultural sense; inheriting knowledge from previous generations and building upon it. In an interview with the Radio Times this week, Sir David said: “I think that we’ve stopped evolving. “Because if natural selection, as proposed by Darwin, is the main mechanism of evolution – there may be other things, but it does look as though that’s the case – then we’ve stopped natural selection.

Read Moar Here.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
because he says:
Human beings have stopped evolving after becoming the only species to “put halt to natural selection of its own free will”
while we are talking about animal and plant life. That article is completely irrelevant.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, and I gave you good arguments. You, on the other hand, do not seem to make counter arguments at all.

FireCat

Reaction score
No you didn't! Well, let's say "Evolution by Accident?" Can such thing happen?

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
im pretty sure accname is just trolling at this point

Zakyath

Reaction score
Evolution is the change of different characteristics from generation to generation among biological groups. The act of people moving plants is not evolution. What the hell kind of schools did you two go to?

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Evolution is the change of different characteristics from generation to generation among biological groups. The act of people moving plants is not evolution. What the hell kind of schools did you two go to?

It is evolution, just human-induced.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.