World Kenyan runner in Alaska loses feet to frostbite

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
(Reuters) - A top college runner from Kenya who spent two days lost in an Alaska snowstorm had both of his feet amputated because of severe frostbite damage, the University of Alaska at Anchorage said on Monday.

Marko Cheseto, a two-time NCAA All-American runner disappeared on November 6 after leaving the university campus during a heavy storm. More than two days later he walked into a campus hotel, severely hypothermic and frostbitten, and was taken to a local hospital for treatment.

Both of Cheseto's feet were amputated because of severe frostbite, the university said in a statement.

The disappearance of Cheseto, who had been recruited by the university's cross-country team, triggered an intensive search in the woods surrounding the campus. But authorities said they had been hampered in their search efforts for the star athlete by new-fallen snow, which obscured his tracks.

Last edited:

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
I live around the area where this happened.
Professors were telling us that he was missing. No one knew why he just went out like that.
Campus bus driver told me when he heard hey found him. I actually didn't hear about him losing his feet, I'm sorry to hear it.

I don't think I ever actually met the guy.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.