Kid Ninja || Countdown To Release?

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
I spent the morning coming up with a very frustrating 'game' inspired by "I Wanna Be The Guy".

This is kind of a test, I want to see how many people can beat this game (So far it only has 1 level), or even beat the game without dying.

You start in a room with 3 paths, you want to reach the button in room 2:A, you are currently in room 1:A. the paths are marked with a number:letter pattern, which is supposed to give you a clue as to where to go.

Watch out for traps and keep an eye out for invisible floors, good luck!

NEW Version:

Arrow keys to move, R to respawn.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vellu

Real eyes realize real lies.
Reaction score
Kind of fun game with music from funky-land. But where is the respawn button?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I got to the green trigger, then died on the invisible platform on my second try.
The game screams out for a respawn button. :p

Edit: It started lagging after I died and pressed 'R' to respawn.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
I spent the morning coming up with a very frustrating 'game' inspired by "I Wanna Be The Guy".

This is kind of a test, I want to see how many people can beat this game (So far it only has 1 level), or even beat the game without dying.

You start in a room with 3 paths, you want to reach the button in room 2:A, you are currently in room 1:A. the paths are marked with a number:letter pattern, which is supposed to give you a clue as to where to go.

Watch out for traps and keep an eye out for invisible floors, good luck!

http://labs.topaz-games.com/iwbtog/

Arrow keys to move, R to respawn.

I got to 2:A and turned the red thing green. . . Is that all I'm suppose to do? Is that the end?

I died a lot, though. :p

Vellu

Real eyes realize real lies.
Reaction score
Well, the respawn button is there but after I respawn, it starts to lag.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
I won. Fun. ^^

Pics please.

Well, the respawn button is there but after I respawn, it starts to lag.

That'll be the blood, I'll tone it down.

I got to 2:A and turned the red thing green. . . Is that all I'm suppose to do? Is that the end?

I died a lot, though. :p

Yep, that's it so far, though I was hoping for a screeny ;O.

I got to the green trigger, then died on the invisible platform on my second try.
The game screams out for a respawn button. :p

Edit: It started lagging after I died and pressed 'R' to respawn.

I'll tone the blood down ;).

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
I closed it. >.<
I'll edit with the SS.

Edit: There.

Attachments

• iwon.JPG
    iwon.JPG
    14.5 KB · Views: 856

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Good job :)!

---

Blood toned down, and fixed an exploit allowing people to skip rooms, also restarting now counts towards your death count, will be interesting to see how fewer deaths you can make now ;P.

Looks like I need to aim much harder.

EDIT:

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
I think the controls need to be more responsive. It's still pretty easy, though i'm guessing it's a beta.

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
The first time you press 'R' it adds 1 to the number of times you've died, even if you haven't died yet. :(

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I got 1.
I died in the last room. You can even see the blood. :(
iWin.png

Shouldn't then number be centered? :)

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
How do you get past the first green block with invisible platform? I can't get back. :(

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
How do you get past the first green block with invisible platform? I can't get back. :(

Dying on the invisible platforms (flying spike ftw) will splatter blood on the platforms making it easier to see what you can stand on.

I got 1.
I died in the last room. You can even see the blood. :(
iWin.png

Shouldn't then number be centered? :)

Doesn't matter where the number is so much, it won't be there when I add moar levels ;).

Good job on the death ;P.

TIP: If you look carefully, the floor that you can't stand on in 2:A is slightly lower than the normal floor.

The first time you press 'R' it adds 1 to the number of times you've died, even if you haven't died yet. :(

Restarting while alive adds to your death count, it's intentional to stop people from restarting before dying (for example, about to fall into a spike pit)

I declare 34 deaths!

...thats bad right? :D

Well it's not excellent, but it's not an easy game (supposedly) D:

I think the controls need to be more responsive. It's still pretty easy, though i'm guessing it's a beta.

More responsive? You press a key, the player moves instantly in accordance to that key, define more responsive?

And yes it's surprisingly easy for you people, I thought you'd find it harder but I was wrong ;P, good thing this is only level 1 :3.

---

Thanks for playing to those who have thus far, and to the Winky fanboys, no I haven't stopped working on it yet ;P.

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
Do I get a prize for finishing with 0 deaths (unofficially 8 times total)?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> TIP: If you look carefully, the floor that you can't stand on in 2:A is slightly lower than the normal floor.
Or you could just stand on the 'pillars'. Strangely enough, I had completed it before, but never died on that level. I just ran straight forward that time. D:

> Thanks for playing to those who have thus far, and to the Winky fanboys, no I haven't stopped working on it yet ;P.
"Yey!" shouted the Winky Fanboys. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.