Kid Ninja || Countdown To Release?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> another mandatory "These levels thus far are indeed possible" Screeny.
Yey! I did it. :D
I died a few times on the last two right spikes. :(

Woo.png

(I did this before I saw your guide. :))

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Edit: On the cat level with the moving platform, the respawn doesn't work correctly. :(
Edit 2: If I launch the cat into the wall, I win after about 10 seconds.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Right Click -> Forward a few times.
Beta levels are looking awesome. <3

May as well leave it there for now, but don't go spreading that around ;P I will fix it another time, for now, you're free to use that to try the extra levels (Shanty and Cat Rescue). Remember, they aren't finished, and Cat Rescue is based off of the easy level pack, so you may come to a point where the level is unbeatable because it is still the same old unchanged level.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> so you may come to a point where the level is unbeatable because it is still the same old unchanged level.
I got that far already. :D

The 'Shoop Da Woop' levels are awesome, though I tend to die in mid-air at the exit, unless I go off the screen. Then I win.

I can't beat the third level. :D

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
> so you may come to a point where the level is unbeatable because it is still the same old unchanged level.
I got that far already. :D

The 'Shoop Da Woop' levels are awesome, though I tend to die in mid-air at the exit, unless I go off the screen. Then I win.

I can't beat the third level. :D

2nd and 3rd levels you have to get to the top corner, the other exits kill you ;P.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> 2nd and 3rd levels you have to get to the top corner, the other exits kill you ;P.
If I go off the top corner on the third level, I just return to the middle of the same level. D:

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
I beat all the Cat levels. Great idea for that :thup:

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> That will be because it is the last level so far.
I see.
Well, they're looking awesome so far. :)
Can't wait for more. ^_^

> I beat all the Cat levels. Great idea for that
So did I. Indeed, it is good.

Just to note, I told Knight in the chat about this. I don't think anybody else saw the message. :|

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> You're going to need to do a video of that, how you would have got past the last level(s) is beyond me =P
I'm sure he means the levels that are designed for the cat. Not the extra ones.
I got the "WinRar" message on the first non-cat-with-cat level. :)

Knight7770

Reaction score

Knight7770

Reaction score
Here are a few things:

I got the I Want to be the Guy acheivement (and the One Below achievement) :thup:
iwbtg.png

And Jindo seems to have added some levels to the medium pack without telling us! Here's the last one I got to, because I could not beat it :(
impossible.png

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
A few major updates:

• HUD added.
  • End of level pack scores added.
  • Grades for level packs added.
  • Practice Level Pack brought back (temporarily).
  • One more achievement added.
  • Medium Level Pack now has 10 levels.
  • Check point system added.

HUD:

The HUD will display your score, how long you've taken on the level pack, how many times you've died and how many check-points you have. These factors are all relevant to your final score.

Final Score:

Your final score is saved every time you complete a level pack, it is the grand total of all of your scores, it uses the following formula at the end of each level pack to add to it:

Code:
score_final = score_final + score + (check_points x 100) - (death_count*100) - (time*10);

Grades:

You will now receive a grade at the end of each level pack, which can range from F-A*, it is based solely on your death count, 0 deaths will get you an A* grade, and 41+ deaths will get you an F.

Practice Mode:

Practice Level Pack now has instructions before each level starts, the messages show up at the start of each level, they will explain the controls based on which level you are playing, hopefully making everything easier for people to understand. (On level 3, it refers to a diagram of some kind, which isn't there, I know about this and will add it later).

Check Points:

As explained in Practice Mode, you will now be able to place Check Points where you stand, when you die, you will respawn at your last placed Check Point, if none exist, you'll start at the beginning of the level.

You get 3 Check Points in a level pack, and you can obtain an extra Check Point every 5 levels.

If you cannot be bothered to play Practice Mode again, or read the brief on the preloader, you press Z to place a check-point, you must be standing on solid ground in order for it to work, a green flag will appear at the position you stand.

---

That's all for now, enjoy!

http://labs.topaz-games.com/iwbtog/real.html

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Flag is too buggy. You can use it to skip a ton of levels but then you are unable to go further because you spawn in a spike. In it!

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Flag is too buggy. You can use it to skip a ton of levels but then you are unable to go further because you spawn in a spike. In it!

Explain? How are you skipping levels? How are you spawning in spikes? What difficulty are you on? etc

I can't tell exactly how to fix a bug with this little information to go on ;(.

I'm going to guess that you played on any difficult but Medium, which is currently the one which is 100% skip/trap proof, assuming this is the case, I know what I need to do to fix it, in the mean time, go and enjoy Medium ;P.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Okay, so load up the game. On the first level place a flag at the end. Then hold right.

Edit: Ez levels.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.