Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
That will automatically get you 1 death count. :p:(

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
press r when falling to your death.

blood toned down, and fixed an exploit allowing people to skip rooms, also restarting now counts towards your death count, will be interesting to see how fewer deaths you can make now ;p.

restarting while alive adds to your death count, it's intentional to stop people from restarting before dying (for example, about to fall into a spike pit)

;p

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
I wasn't trying not to die, so I got around 150. Too lazy to go try to do it with no deaths. :p

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
I posted a video on Youtube showing how to beat the game with 0 deaths. :thup:

[YOUTUBE]qLVH7DBLcdU[/YOUTUBE]

Bronxernijn

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Add another 0 for me!

iwtbtgflash.jpg

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Brand New Version!

http://labs.topaz-games.com/iwbtog/real.html

This is the "Real" version, it contains 3 levels, no traps, it's all based purely on your ability to control the character.

Level 1 : Spike Test - An excersize to get you used to the fact that all spikes kill.

Level 2 : Jump Test - An excersize to get you used to the jumping mechanism (Which is explained at the bottom of the post)

Level 3 : "The Heart breaker" - Based off of an obstacle in a Japanese gameshow known most commonly as "Viking", it tests your ability to use the new jumping machanism.

Level 4 : Athlete - A wall climb followed by a large jump.

Level 5 : Easy-ish - A series of jumps, filled with spikes.

---

The Jumping Mechanism

I've now fixed the player so that you have to tap UP a second time in order to double-jump, as opposed to double-jumping simply by holding the UP key.

Also, if you jump (press UP) whilst touching the side of a wall, you will now jump up in the opposite direction of that wall, similar to rebounding off of a wall, only you don't cling, you immediately rebound.

Basic Wall Jump:

jump1u.jpg

This involves holding down the UP key, and alternating between the RIGHT and LEFT keys in order to push your self from wall to wall.

This method is useful for switching between walls, either when there isn't a full wall to jump to, or if both walls are covered in spikes.

Double Jump:

jump2n.jpg

When wall jumping, release the UP key and tap it again to double jump.

This is useful for jumping around blocks that get in the way, as you will see on levels 3 and 5.

Wall Climb

jump3v.jpg

This involves holding down the RIGHT or LEFT key (depending on the wall you're jumping), and tapping the UP key repeatdly, gaining height whilst avoiding dangerous obstacles.

This is useful for quickly jumping up a safe wall.

---

Good luck, I'd like to see if anyone besides my self can beat level 5 :), use the first 3 levels as practice, and exit the right of the level to enter the next.

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
Yeah I was. I'm not sure if its just me but *some* times when I press R, my character fill fade in as long as R is pressed and then fade out when I let go.

Maybe just an isolated issue.
On another note, this is tough ><

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Some AS codes work differently depending on your OS, I know for one example that a certain method of detecing left-clicking/right-clicking won't work on Macs (fortunately I've been using a work-around since I found this out).

Not sure how that could be affecting you but it's a possibility ;O.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Hmm. Well I'm running on Windows XP

Odd, everything should be working fine.

Either your Flash Player is out-dated (though it would have to be ancient to have problems running this) or it's your browser, or who knows, sounds to me like it's all fine, no idea why it's causing you problems, let's hope it's not everyone D:.

EDIT: Someone on another forum reported the same error, I've made some changes, though they make no difference to me, hope they fix it for you, I can't tell what to fix unfortunately.

EDIT2: The person on the other forum says it's fixed for them :).

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm on level 5. It's pretty damn hard. :D
The last part up the wall is really hard. :(

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Updated with a level pack selector.

Practice Level Pack: Contains the 5 levels in the previous version.

Easy Level Pack: Contains 6 relatively easy levels. Will have 20 levels when it's finished.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.