Kid Ninja || Countdown To Release?

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
There is a winrar message which shows up when you beat the pack, if it doesn't show up then you haven't beaten it.

Not at all owned. In the main levels with an earlier release of this, all two final exits I tried gave no winrar message and simply teleported me to the entrance of the level, I'm not talking about practice levels.

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
For some reason, although it says you can double jump after jumping off of a wall, I can only jump once. It seems to be counting the jump needed to bounce off the wall as the first jump and never resets it.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
For some reason, although it says you can double jump after jumping off of a wall, I can only jump once. It seems to be counting the jump needed to bounce off the wall as the first jump and never resets it.

Yes, the jump off of the wall (or fall rather) is the first jump, the ability to jump in order to gain height is the double-jump, sorry for the confusion.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Progress: I've made a vast number of changes and additions (private so far, I'll upload a newer version at some point).

Right now, the changes include:

• 6 Achievements Added
  • Achievement System Added
  • Topaz Content Store Added
  • Various levels in Easy Level Pack adjusted
  • 5 levels added to Easy Level Pack
  • First bonus level pack - Cat Rescue - Under work
  • Menu added

Achievements and TCS

Earning achievements in this game will get you a score, the score is saved by the game and will allow you to save your achievement score so that you don't have to come back and earn back the same achievements.

The score is used in the TCS (Topaz Content Store) in order to 'purchase' extra content for the game. So far, the content list for this game is going to include:

Code:
200 - Cat Rescue 20 Level Pack
300 - Shanty Town 30 Level Pack
100 - Cat Playable Character
150 - Coin Collect 15 Level Pack
100 - Bob Playable Character
250 - Advanced 25 Level Pack

Meaning that the number of achievements in the game will amount to atleast 1100 points, including achievements aimed at the bonus content. If you manage to purchase something which has no extra achievements earnable by it, and you can't get any more achievements in order to purchase stuff, your score will be saved across all future games of mine, meaning you can earn points from other games with achievements, when I release them ;P.

Cat Rescue

A special mode similar to the Easy Level Pack in layout, only you are accompanied by a Cat, whom you must make sure reaches the end of the level at all costs, even at the cost of your life.

Knight7770

Reaction score
Those sound like some great additions, Jindo. I can't wait to see them :thup:

Also, I made another youtube video showing how to beat the 5 practice levels without dieing.
[YOUTUBE]vrM2zZI_bro[/YOUTUBE]

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Le Hax! :D

attachment.php

Attachments

• EpicFailToWin.JPG
    EpicFailToWin.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 305

Knight7770

Reaction score
Here's another video, this time showing how to beat the 10 regular levels. However, it's not the regular way; it's my way! Includes a useful exploit. :)

[YOUTUBE]ifP6L9l6qQw[/YOUTUBE]

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
It's not really all the levels then :p

And if you're going to do this again for future levels, maybe add music in the videos so its a little more exciting :)

Knight7770

Reaction score
It's not really all the levels then :p

And if you're going to do this again for future levels, maybe add music in the videos so its a little more exciting :)
It is all the released levels, if you include the separate video I made for the 5 practice ones. I chose not to add music because I figured people could just play their own. :p

Thanks for the interest though. Did they help? :)

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
I mean, the exploit kinda bypassed 3-4 stages :p
They're fun to watch though. Haven't had a level I couldn't figure out yet but maybe in future harder levels your videos will be helpful.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Trust me Myzteryz, they'll get much harder ;P.

Also, that "exploit" was intended as a short-cut, like the one in the practice level, although as you can see it isn't exactly easy to spot, there will be one in every regular pack besides the bonus ones ;P.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Fun, but really hard.

I 'won' the last level, but that was because I hit the spike just below the platform :p

I also found the lava level in the tutorial to be impossible for me.

EDIT: Wow I probably look retarded. I just figured out you can fall off an edge and jump twice more. I was trying to jump up the top of the lava so I could get up higher and eventually double jump across, rather than just doing fall and double jump.. (That way is impossible!)

EDIT2: Beat it the real way on the tutorial and regular! :p

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Good work ;P.

The last level on Easy Mode where the spike kills you but you still win is a known glitch which I've fixed, I just haven't uploaded it, and don't plan to until I finish the game ;).

Progress:

• Shanty Town - 3 Levels of 30 Completed.
  • Medium Level Pack - 1 Level of 20 Completed.
  • All Level Packs added to List (except bonus ones, which appear once unlocked).
  • Achievement List Page Added.

Someone recently asked me to make them an avatar based off of the character, but a girl with pink pigtails, this made me consider giving the player a choice between the male and a female character to play through the game ;P.

EDIT: The "Real" preview now shows the revised Easy pack and the 3 currently finished levels of the Medium level pack, be sure to try those out:

http://labs.topaz-games.com/iwbtog/real.html

And if you're somehow able to accumulate 200 points, feel free to give the Cat Rescue pack a try (not all levels are possible yet).

Bronxernijn

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Where is the practice pack? there is an achievement tied to it but I can't seem to play it

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
YESH. Finished easy pack.
Wait how do you save "profile"? Or is it automatically saved?

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Achievements and Topaz Score are automatically saved any time you earn an achievement or do something to increase/decrease your Score ;P.

EDIT: Temporary Soundtrack added, will be replaced by remakes if I can find a willing composer of some kind ;P.

Both songs almost out-right taken from I Wanna Be the Guy :p.

http://labs.topaz-games.com/iwbtog/real.html Preloader also added, but I need to figure out how to get it to show up before it reaches 80%, until then, the blank screen is normal (feel free to leave it until you hear the music).

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
It's really buggy compared to before. I'm finding myself starting off a new level dead, or stuck, and unable to respawn, as well as some other things. There seems to be a bit of delay in jumping (not huge, but noticeable). You can also still walk off the edge of maps and disappear.

Another glitch: I went to look at the achievements, and when I went back to the main menu, the music starting to layer on so two songs were playing at once.

broken.jpg
I never get to spawn at this level.

EDIT: I also got to the level that you posted, and never spawned there either.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
It's really buggy compared to before. I'm finding myself starting off a new level dead, or stuck, and unable to respawn, as well as some other things. There seems to be a bit of delay in jumping (not huge, but noticeable). You can also still walk off the edge of maps and disappear.

I've done nothing to the scripts, it's as buggy as it ever was, just that the design of the medium levels are making a glitch more apparent, I know what it is and I'm attempting to fix it.

Another glitch: I went to look at the achievements, and when I went back to the main menu, the music starting to layer on so two songs were playing at once.

Yes I noticed this, I will try to fix it ;P.

broken.jpg
I never get to spawn at this level.

Image is broken?

EDIT: I also got to the level that you posted, and never spawned there either.

You never spawned there as in you never finished the previous level or you couldn't respawn once you died?

THE GLITCH:

The player's script ignores a condition which freezes the player on death, so although you're supposedly not on the level, you're merely invisible and still able to move (for some reason), allowing you to complete the level whilst dead. I'm working on a fix for this as we speak ;P.

EDIT: Uploading a fix that should fix everything you've just mentioned ;P.

EDIT2: Uploaded, there's a noticeable visual glitch with the achievement display which I need to fix.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.