Kid Ninja || Countdown To Release?

Bronxernijn

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Yep, I should include that in the achievements, my bad ;P.

Restarting and dying are pretty much the same thing in the achievements, 0 deaths and 0 restarts = achievement unlocked :3.

Believe me, it's still hard to get 0 deaths while using 'r' :p

EDIT: one below! who beats me?

iwtbtgachievement.jpg

You can see the achievement fading away, as I was a little late making a printscreen.

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
Quite often, when I try to do a double jump off of a wall, I can't do the second jump. I press the up arrow and all that, but the character doesn't go up. There follows a minute-long video of me trying to double jump and failing:

[YOUTUBE]dt216NGH-OY[/YOUTUBE]

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bug Reports:
- I can jump from the bottom of a platform, and get 'glued' to it. By my head.
- Click

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Bug Reports:
- I can jump from the bottom of a platform, and get 'glued' to it. By my head.

I should mention that one time I somehow jumped up into a horizontal elevator, and got stuck on the bottom (I was able to jump through the elevator to get un-stuck, though), avoiding the spikes I normally would have had to jump over. :p

I'm aware of this and decided to leave it as on some levels it requires a good deal of luck/skill to get under the elevator in order to perform this, and it's actually quite useful :3.

Again, please make sure you read the thread ;P.

And Knight, you have to get to the bottom of the wall, and hold up and right/left, putting you in a pattern when you jump up the wall slowly in a curving motion, then when you get close enough to next to the spike, you go for the second jump :3. The jumping on walls can be confusing but this method garauntees 100% 2nd jump, provided you do it right ;P.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
EDIT: one below! who beats me?

Gah. My best is probably 3 deaths.

Quite often, when I try to do a double jump off of a wall, I can't do the second jump. I press the up arrow and all that, but the character doesn't go up. There follows a minute-long video of me trying to double jump and failing:

I've seen this same problem. Don't know if that was you trying to beat the level or just do a double jump, but you're doing the level wrong. :p

EDIT: I hate this level. It always kills me when I try to get on top of the top platform. It's impossible to go the other way.

grrr.png

EDIT2: I got this bug again, Jindo:

morefail.png

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> It's impossible to go the other way.
I did it the other way. It took a good few attempts though. That spike is a killer! :p

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
Jindo, thanks for the strategy, but the problem still stands that in that level and others, I can't always do a double jump. It really annoys me, because I need to do that for a lot of other levels.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
EDIT2: I got this bug again, Jindo:

I'd appreciate it if you told me exactly what you did to get there so that I can actually fix it ;). (Unless you got there via the shortcut)

Also, the level on Easy, it's very possible to go both ways (on the higher block and under it).

and Knight, all I can suggest now is practice, the mechanics are pretty solid D:

I will remove the spikes at the exits on Easy though, since they get in the way a little ;P.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
An indicator that tells one if they have a double jump would be a god send.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Okay I've just taken time to work the wall jumping mechanism out hopefully in a way that you'll understand ;P.

1: Jumping at a wall and pressing the arrow key pointing to that wall will cause you to bounce off of it and gain height.

2: As an optional choice, you may wish to let go of and press UP, in order to perform a double-jump.

3: You can only perform 1 double-jump whilst doing wall jumps, you need to land on ground to be able to perform another double-jump.

Anyhow, so far, I've done the wall jump and have had a 100% success rate of a second jump, although I've only been able to do it once without touching the ground.

So that's how it works, I really don't think a jump indicator would fit in with the (un-added) GUI and isn't even necessary once you figure the jumping out.

(Also I don't intend for it to just be 1 double-jump, I will attempt to fix it but right now the code is a mess ;P)

EDIT: Double-jumping off of a wall is now 100% possible at any circumstance, will upload the fix shortly, hope you enjoy it as I went through hell to fix that =P...

EDIT2: This fix has made the game overall easier, I nearly thwarted the shortcut on Medium Level 1 ;P.

medium4.jpg

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Good job ;).

Now go beat level 4 on Medium ;).

Or screenshot yourself after taking the level 1 shortcut (Which I've finally managed to do)

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Or screenshot yourself after taking the level 1 shortcut (Which I've finally managed to do)

Grr...

I've gotten this far on the shortcut:

far.png

I think I may have gotten killed by the spike on the ledge above (I see blood there), but don't remember getting that far.

That shortcut is near-impossible. No way that is a 'medium' level.

By the way, the way I got to the blocks above is by jumping over all the spikes on the right, and doing a half-jump just missing the second spike pointing down. I then ended up at the very top of the exit, and entering into the next level above where the spawn is.

Bronxernijn

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Ok so I'm here... what now? (those 2 spikes above me aren't functional, that is probably meant to be?)

iwtbtgshortcut.jpg

BTW it's not near impossible, I got it in 2 tries. The lvl 4 is much more difficult, it took me over 50 tries

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
That shortcut is near-impossible. No way that is a 'medium' level.

The shortcuts are intentionally harder than the difficulty of their level packs, for relatively apparent reasons :3. It was probably near-impossible before the double-jump fix, but it's very possible now :).

And Bronxernijn: When you're above the false spikes, just keep moving to the right, double-jump if it helps, you'll soon move to the next level ;D.

EDIT: Update, Medium now has 6 levels, and another mandatory "These levels thus far are indeed possible" Screeny.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Psh, no way. I don't even think it's possible to jump that high. Any tips? :eek:

I'm downloading Camtasia for the sole purpose of putting a video together for this ;P.

The trick is to change left/right keys the moment you bounce off of the wall, and keep Up held down for as long as possible before you start to fall, at which moment you hold it down again for extra height.

Repeat those steps and it evidently will get easier as you get higher since it gets narrower, if you can jump the lava on practice level 3, you can jump this ;P.

Until then, uploading a diagram now :D.

EDIT:

medium6howto.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.