Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Good work :3.

Offline Progress:

• 18/20 levels are finished for Hard Mode
  • Boss for Hard Mode semi-complete.

Bosses:

How this idea will work, is once you beat a level pack, selecting it again on the Level Select Screen will give you the option of either replaying the pack, or confronting the boss for that pack.

Here's a video for the boss in Hard Mode so far:

[YOUTUBE]nUwIdEDo_Hk[/YOUTUBE]

386 seconds and 183 deaths later, Level 18 is now possible ;P.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Two things.

Use Jimpys hand loader for the loader, and have wasd work just like arrow keys.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Two things.

Use Jimpys hand loader for the loader

Two problems with that:

1) I'm not a fan of copying other people's work (which sounds stupid considering what the game is based off of, but true nonetheless).

2) That preloader is based off of the Newgrounds preloader, and my game is going to be exclusive to Kongregate.

I'll jazz up the loader eventually if that's what you're worried about ;).

and have wasd work just like arrow keys.

I'll eventually get around to adding a feature in the Options to let you change which keys do what :).

---

Offline Progress:

• Hard Mode Complete
  • Sound glitches fixed
  • Boss glitches fixed
  • Auto-restart toggle option added.

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
The "Sorry, I'm Late" achievement isn't challenging anymore. I beat it in around 67 seconds.

99750208.png

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Pft, show off d:

I'll make some harder achievements, in the mean time, keep practicing ;P. When the game hits Kongregate, there'll be high scores integrated, which I'm sure you'll stand a good chance of topping, provided you have an account :).

Knight7770

Reaction score
Pft, show off d:

I'll make some harder achievements, in the mean time, keep practicing ;P. When the game hits Kongregate, there'll be high scores integrated, which I'm sure you'll stand a good chance of topping, provided you have an account :).
I probably won't top any of the scores beyond the easy pack; I don't play the others. I'll start practicing with them, though. :)

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
I probably won't top any of the scores beyond the easy pack; I don't play the others. I'll start practicing with them, though. :)

Mind attempting another video on Easy? I'm curious as to how you got your time down to 67 seconds ;P. (Besides not dying and taking all possible quicker routes)

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Wow you guys are good... :( it takes me a long time to get past one level.

Well if you play it a lot, it's not supposed to be hard, @ Knight, :p.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Offline Progress:

• Character selection added.
  • Hard Mode boss complete.
  • Easy Mode boss complete.

Character Selection:

This ability is available in the Options Screen, when you start out, you get the choice between a Boy and a Girl. Defeating Bosses or buying level packs will give you access to extra characters.

So far, the characters include: Boy, Girl, Dumpling and Ninja.

Hard Mode Boss:

The hard mode boss is 'Kid Ninja'. Kid Ninja is better than you at the whole jumping thing in every way. He can also shoot lazars and fireballs.

3 HP: Kid Ninja will jump around the bottom part of the room, shoot homing fireballs slowly and sometimes a line of rapid lasers.

2 HP: Kid Ninja will jump slightly higher, the fireballs and lasers are more frequent, spikes on the sides of the level also open up, meaning you have to be more careful with where you jump.

1 HP: Kid Ninja will jump very high, fireballs will appear every three quarter seconds, and the laser lines will be almost constant. If Kid Ninja touches the floor, lava opens up.

---

The Dumpling:

A large pink creature in Easy Forest, quite slow but a good jumper.

3 HP: Dumpling will patrol the ground slowly. Dumpling is also armed with a spikey tail which can kill you on contact.

2 HP: Dumpling points upwards slightly, making it harder to jump on him. Dumpling's feet can now crush you, as well as the tail. Upon jumping on Dumpling, Dumping will float higher before falling, and will rotate, meaning you have to keep out of its way when it does.

1 HP: Noticeably more difficult. Dumpling will now jump quite high and move at the same time, feet and tail still kill you. Jumping on the Dumpling will boost you into the air (the spikes if you jump while the Dumpling is high). The Dumpling also floats higher than before when jumped on, so picking a moment to pounce on and avoid the Dumpling is tricky at this point.

---

With all bosses, defeating them is a case of jumping on them 3 times, where each pounce gets harder.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
It seems like you made the levels that were easy easier, and the hard levels harder, instead of the opposite. Level 5 (medium) is still WAAAY too easy, as I can do it without losing a life without any problem at all.

Also, level 20 is a bit easier, but still a HUGE jump from 19. It's harder than the first few hard levels! :( I've used 2 flags on the level (I'm out now), and it has double my death count. I've only reached the bottom row once!

EDIT: I just barely figured out a couple tricks to the last level (on the two long spike rows on the second row from the bottom, you can jump all the way across. I was always double jumping those gaps, making it extremely hard!)

Also, under options the only thing I can do is 'reset data', though there is a toggle audio button label, with no button.

Knight7770

Reaction score
When are you going to make this offline progress online progress? I'm getting excited :p

Do you still want me to make that video of me getting 67 seconds? It isn't easy.

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
Oh mah gawd. This game makes me want to kill myself. Im serious :(
I have a hard time controlling that double jump off a wall (Medium level 8). I CAN do it when lucky and get to the top but it's so unpredictable. Plus the bugger moves so fast, once you get to the last empty space before that last spike, you kinda have to be lucky to let go at the right time.

Death to this game! :p

Knight7770

Reaction score
For the first one, you have to wall-jump off the block that's straight across from the one you can stand on, then you have to jump over the spikes. For the second circle, you start on the 2-block high pillar, then jump just before the block that's causing the problem...I think. I haven't done that level in a while.

Knight7770

Reaction score
Jindo, you should include a way to save your progress; possibly at the cost of some points. Or maybe make it a cheap item at the Topaz Store? :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.