Kid Ninja || Countdown To Release?

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Jindo, you should include a way to save your progress

The game automatically saves your progress, have you not noticed this? o_O

There's even an Erase Progress button in the options.

---

Darthfett said:
How are these sections done? I put a flag before the first one and I just died repeatedly trying to jump underneath the lowest blocks.

The first jump is partly luck, but also the timing of your jump, remember to fall off of the block before it so that you can get 2 jumps.

The second one is falling off of the platform and jumping once or twice to avoid the spikes, not as difficult.

---

Yesterday I attempted Hard Mode from level 1. I made it all the way to level 20 (due to impatience, I ran out of check points often and found myself having to beat several levels in one run). By level 20, I had no check points and couldn't do it.

So, advice for Hard Mode: Keep hold of check points in order to beat the last level, you might need atleast 2.

(Also, as a reminder: Hard Mode isn't online yet and might not be for a while)

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
He meant save progresses, like.. If you're at lvl 15 medium mode, you can close the browser and come back to that same level later without having to go through the previous 14 levels.

At least, that's how I interpreted it (and want to implement :D)

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Ah.

I agree, I myself have wanted to quit and come back to where I was at, and I guess it wouldn't be so bad including this. It would start you at your exact last check-point, storing your current score, time, death count and checkpoints.

I'll have this added before release ;P.

---

Progress:

• Now working on Medium Boss.
  • NEW: Save level position etc.
  • Extra Content is next, then it's finished.

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
When are these updates going to go online? :p

On the website for the game, you need to actually make some of those pages you have links for; especially the videos page (I think I made enough ;)).

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
When are these updates going to go online? :p

Probably not until it's done ;P.

On the website for the game, you need to actually make some of those pages you have links for; especially the videos page (I think I made enough ;)).

I know I do, I'll get to it eventually D:

---

Offline Progress:

• All Bosses Finished.
  • Level Progress is Now Saved.
  • Cat Rescue glitches partially fixed.
  • Cat Rescue continued.
  • Achievements added.
  • More statistics (for Kongregate's systems) added.
  • More character(s) added.

NOTE: This progress thing is only to remind myself what I've done over the day, so that I don't feel that I've wasted my time, since I've effectively got the rest of this week and part of next week to finish it ;P.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
shanty1.jpg

Shanty Town is getting redone, I'm replacing the old levels since they were incredibly ugly, disorganised and annoying, in comparison to this. This is prettier, more organised and frustrating.

Level 1, think of it what you will, I beat it in roughly 15 seconds without dying, it involves hitting a switch to open the exit, and it involves timing your jumps to avoid the Shoop Wall.

Also on an important note, the game has now gone into some kind of closed private beta testing state, 3 people from each forum that has tested this game has received a code required to remove the box that now covers the game (you can still play with it there, it just gets in the way). 1 person here has been sent a passcode, I need 2 more volunteers (PM your interest).

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
The Game Is Almost Finished!!1!

Although it may be a few weeks before we see the game live on the web, here is the current progress to give you an idea:

• Levels - 100%
  • Music - 80%
  • HUD + Layout - 95%
  • Pages - 80%
  • Bonus Content - 40%

TO DO:

Pre-Release:

• Get the last few tracks off of Jimpy (Who has done a great job I might add)
  • Finalise buttons and overall layout.
  • Add dialog screens for when a boss is defeated.

After-Release:

• Design and create 30 levels for 'Himalayia'.
  • Design and create 30 levels for 'Volcanicity'.
  • Take 30 of the game's hardest levels and use them in the 3rd unlockable package.
  • Find more music for these packs/get Jimpy to make them.

---

So yes, Cat Rescue is finished, Shanty Town is finished (including the boss), the game now has a total of 23 achievements (and more will be added possibly).

Everything has came together very nicely, what started off as a glitchy test, evolved in to a nice looking gameplay, which has now fully grown in to this beautifully frustrating game of control and skill, thank you everyone for your support, I hope to see you on Kongregate in a few weeks :3.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Testing now. <3

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ahh, no wonder I didn't think much had changed. >.<
I'm interested, as before.

I just spent about 10 minutes testing the old version. Fail. :p

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Public Demo Now Up!!

There are a couple of glitches that are exclusive to this version that occurred while compiling some levels. The most obvious being that you have to unpause the game whenever you start a level pack, and for some reason Auto-Restart is Off by default, so be sure to turn that on :).

Have fun! Includes 5 levels from each pack!

I'll try to devise a reward for the first person to get an A or above on all level packs (including available unlocks), only 5 levels per pack so it shouldn't be too difficult ;).

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
I get lag upon death, and turning off sound doesn't stop game sounds. I also absolutely hate the death sound. Haven't played past practice.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
I get lag upon death,

Turn limbs off... Make sure quality is set to low, the graphics aren't that intensive either but yeah, the Options are your friend..

and turning off sound doesn't stop game sounds.

Oh really? I hadn't noticed.

I've said this many times: Because of the AS' sound functions completely screwing up, all sounds had to be done with the interface, which means they're played by symbols rather than code, toggling the music with this was as easy as with code, sound effects, not so much.

I'll try to make an option that disables the death sounds, but I won't be able to turn the game sounds off...

I also absolutely hate the death sound.

Take it up with Jimpy.

Haven't played past practice.

I have... :rolleyes:

---

Useful comments are however appreciated. Preferably glitches that are actual glitches, and not just impossible fixes/gameplay features.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Level 3 on practice. The left side still isn't blocked off.

I've gotten an A on Practice, Easy and Medium so far. =)
Hard, Shanty (<3) and Cat Saver coming soon. :D

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Final Version's Most Recent Updates:

• New Intro screens added.
  • New links to TPG and Kong added.
  • Fixed transitions between screens.
  • Added a small transition for when a level is complete.
  • Fixed start locations in Easy.
  • Fixed start locations in Medium.
  • Fixed start locations in Hard.
  • Fixed start locations in Shanty Town.
  • Fixed several level exploits.
  • Added new sound for credits.

TO DO:

• Recieve feedback from testers on any issues in the latest edition.
  • Update the credits.
  • Fix several buttons' displays.
  • Add dialogs for when a boss is defeated.
  • Fix the player being able to move while a dialog is open on Practice Mode.
  • Have the menu's blocks and background change based on the last level you played on.
  • Create a Trailer.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Final Version's Most Recent Updates:

• Some buttons improved.
  • Fixed glitch where the timer in Cat Rescue would go up in twice the normal speed.
  • Fixed some achievements not being earnt properly.
  • Adjusted some of the AI in boss levels.
  • Added ending dialogs for when bosses are defeated.
  • Fixed glitches with pausing the game.
  • Added a button to the pause menu for saving the game without quitting.
  • The menu now changes based on your last played level pack.
  • Player can now no longer move when the dialogs are open on Practice Mode.

TO DO:

• Recieve feedback from testers on any issues in the latest edition.
  • Update the credits.
  • Create a Trailer.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.