Kill Streak System

kadun

Reaction score
I wondered about, how do i make a kill streak system, etc when you get 3 kills you're on a kill streak and if they kill you, they are awarded with etc 100 gold ?
and how do i continue the streaks until 10 kills in a row without dying

Ryushi

"I will stand, or I will fall. I will not sit."
Reaction score
You could do something like:
Trigger:
  • trigger
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
      • (Owner of (Killing unit)) Not equal to (Owner of (Triggering unit))
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • KillCount[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] Greater than or equal to 3
        • Then - Actions
          • Player - Add 100 to (Owner of (Killing unit)) Current gold
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (((Name of (Owner of (Killing unit))) + has ended ) + ((Name of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) + 's kill streak.))
        • Else - Actions
      • Set KillCount[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = 0
      • Set KillCount[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (KillCount[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] + 1)

This will award 100 gold to any player who kills another player who had three or more kills in a row.

kadun

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • trigger
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • KillCount[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] Greater than or equal to 3
        • Then - Actions
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (((Name of (Owner of (Killing unit))) + has ended ) + ((Name of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) + 's kill streak.))
        • Else - Actions
      • Set KillCount[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (KillCount[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] + 1)

This will award 100 gold to any player who kills another player who had three or more kills in a row.
can you send a map file where you have done it, to see how it lookes

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
Sending you a map file will make no difference, it looks exactly like the one shown. Just play around with the world editor and find the actions/conditions. Those that have a prefix, E.G. "unit -/player -/game -" belong in their categories. It shouldn't be too hard.

The top 2 conditions are boolean conditions. While the one below is an integer condition, can tell by it's comparison with another number.

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Trigger:
  • trigger
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
        • Then - Actions
        • Else - Actions

Mistake in the last action.

Trigger:

That^ Into that V

Trigger:
  • Set KillCount[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] = (KillCount[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] + 1)

Very small but crucial otherwise.

Ryushi

"I will stand, or I will fall. I will not sit."
Reaction score
In the If/Then/Else statement, the condition check's if the killed player's kill count was greater than or equal to 3. Change the 3 in the condition to your desired number.

kadun

Reaction score
In the If/Then/Else statement, the condition check's if the killed player's kill count was greater than or equal to 3. Change the 3 in the condition to your desired number.
can you make a map where you have done the kill streak system so i can take a look and try it out ?

TomTTT

Reaction score
can you make a map where you have done the kill streak system so i can take a look and try it out ?

It would be easy for people to make this map, and I really suggest you to try making it on your own. This way you're more experienced with the World Editor, and it feels good to have something hard you worked on accomplished.

Moradiae

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
previous posters had already answered this question :/

Owner .. meaning Players, ofc :D >>> Player comparison

Moradiae

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
they are not within any category:
attachment.php

:)

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 498

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
lol im totally lost :/ dunno where all that triggers are, looking for if all conditions are true

You don't actually need a "if all conditions are true". Just add in the conditions and it will run only if all the conditions are true. Otherwise you can also just add the condition "And - conditions".

As for (Owner of (Killing unit)) Not equal to (Owner of (Triggering unit))
It's not an action, it's a condition. A player comparison condition. Instead of clicking "new action" click "new condition".

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.