Minigame Kill the Tower

What do you think about this map?

• Total voters

duyen

Reaction score
Kill the Tower
killthetowerdm3.png
~Looking for people to submit ingame screenshots :)~

Kill the tower is a two player mini-game intended to be only 5-15 minutes long.

The object is to kill the other player's tower.

You can train three different units to do this, Footman, Archers and Mages.

Each unit has it's strengths and it's weaknesses.

The tower has an attack of it's own.

Every 15 seconds each player is given a random power-up, which can help them win the game.

Modes
-crazymode: starts both towers out with only one health, if you want an extremely short game this is for you.

Working on AI.

Bug Reports, Suggestions and Comments are all welcome (once you play the game.)

Download Version 1.2

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Oh and I hoped it would be like AceHart's defend the tower, except the roles are changed ^^

Suggestion:
Tournament variant

12 players, means 6 of those lines, and players play rounds, and the winners match with winners. ^^

EDIT:
And -crazymode is not crazy. It's just short, is it not? ^^
-shortmode would fit better imho

duyen

Reaction score
Haven't played AceHart's game yet.

Crazy Mode is crazy because the challenge is to get 1 unit to attack the tower before getting killed, and trust me, it gets crazy.

Tournament Variant is an interesting idea, but I would have to make the map bigger.

duyen

Reaction score
I might check this out. You might also want to add something to spice it up. It seems kinda boring atm.

I will be adding much more, atm I just released a map with the basic outline.

I'll be add more units, more powerups, more systems, and eventually an AI.

-so far no dls-

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
-so far no dls-

Of course. :p I don't have WCIII on this computer. :D

To make the game more... varied instead of everyone always have the same "rigged build", there should maybe be skills and like upgrade paths that you can go, such as "Agility Path" where units would be focused on speed, "Warrior Path" where units would be focused on survival and health, and "Intellectual Path" where units would be focused on abilities.

duyen

Reaction score
-so far no dls-

Of course. :p I don't have WCIII on this computer. :D

To make the game more... varied instead of everyone always have the same "rigged build", there should maybe be skills and like upgrade paths that you can go, such as "Agility Path" where units would be focused on speed, "Warrior Path" where units would be focused on survival and health, and "Intellectual Path" where units would be focused on abilities.

Hmm... Actually that's a pretty good idea, but needs a few tweaks.

Faust

Reaction score
Tournament Variant is an interesting idea, but I would have to make the map bigger.

Bigger, however you don't have to preplace the trees and stuff, it should detect the amount of players, and place only the corresponding amount of stuff.

And an idea, if there are 3 players... ^^

Don

Rise with the Fallens!
Reaction score
I'd say 12 players arranged like +++ in all the map. Meaning: middle of + is where units face and fight. When a player dies, it changes rotation and order units to get to another player when a + of players is dead, no more units go there. The last + standing is getting on sudden death, and let the 4 players of the last + fight against. If 2 + stand for a very long time, then it becomes sudden death after a certain time. Sudden death is a sepcial mode that is draining life of every tower still playing and when it reaches 1, every player get the special sudden death power ups (8 differents) and have to finish the other player.

That way, the + from the left is attacking center, which one is attacking right, which one is attacking left. It creates up to 4 units in every +, sending them at every towers. When you create one unit, it sends 4 at a + and 1 at the beginning of your tower. If the unit at your tower survive, it is moved instantly to the attacked +

If there is something you dont get, just say it.

Also for game mode:

another way for TWV's game mode, Mad Paths.

It changes paths to mad paths, which ones can damage every second, slow unit, reduce defense/health, depending on what path it is.

Again: you dont get it, you tell me!

duyen

Reaction score
At the moment it will stay two player, as I couldn't even make more players at the moment until I redo all the code.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
I try it out and suggest not to put too much work into map before it isn't popular yet.

EDIT:

Tried it out in Single Player, Nature ability has really small casting radius. This game only needs income timer and everything else is fine tuned (maybe faster gold for quicker action, AI didn't send any units or only at start, after that he just waited and didn't summon units). I liked your map!

duyen

Reaction score
Umm... there's no AI out, but that's one of my top priorities.

_________

Version 1.1 Out

Noticeable Changes:

-Added Player Help System (Gives losing players gold)
-Added Income Timer
-Command 'nohelp' added (Turns off Help System, must be typed before 30 seconds into the game)
-Lots of bugs fixed

Attachments

• KillTheTower.w3x
    25.4 KB · Views: 204

Don

Rise with the Fallens!
Reaction score
Tested, here is a list of stuff you should update:

Pros:
- Nice gameplay/idea
- Damage are overall balanced and nothing is too imba
- Power-ups work very well
- Terrain is very good.

Cons:
- You are aware units can pass by the left without going trought the forest?
- Units should be auto-ordered to go to other tower location, instead of moving them yourself.
- There should be more units then these 3, tanks, knights and such should be added.
- Display tips for game modes, i didnot know what to type :(

Other then that, looks pretty good, just fix the Cons :thup:

duyen

Reaction score
- You are aware units can pass by the left without going trought the forest?

Yes I'm quite aware, wanted to make 2 paths so you can't just send all your units out, because if you did you could be attacked from the side.

I probably should do something about it though.
- Units should be auto-ordered to go to other tower location, instead of moving them yourself.
Not a half bad idea, I'll probably add that.
- There should be more units then these 3, tanks, knights and such should be added.
There will definitely be more, I'm thinking of letting people upgrade to a light or dark tower, and they get units based on what they upgrade to.
- Display tips for game modes, i didnot know what to type :(

I'll definitely add this.

Thanks for the comments :)

EDIT:

Oh and if anyone was wondering the formula for the gold cost, it's (damage + health) + (attack range / 100)

So the footmen who deals 10 damage, has 25 health and 100 attack range (melee) costs 36 gold because (10 + 25) + (100 / 100) = 36.

Don

Rise with the Fallens!
Reaction score
You should include ''+attack speed x 10'' for the cost, attack speed is a very important factor.

And for the path, i suggest you only make one else the game play lose all its goal, it is not funny if one player attack one side and another kill yourself so fast that you cant avoid your death :(

Also:

Re tested, think about reducing attack speed of the tower.

And for light and drak tower, very good idea, every tower should have their attack, i suggest light is fast and low dmg and drak is slow and high damage as normal is average everything!

Good luck? Make an AI asap!

duyen

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments :)

Only part I didn't understand was when you said this:

>And for the path, i suggest you only make one else the game play lose all its goal, it is not funny if one player attack one side and another kill yourself so fast that you cant avoid your death

Don

Rise with the Fallens!
Reaction score
I mean if you attack center and have no more gold while a giant wave of footmans come to your tower, it's pretty hard to survive :p

Waiting for next update (and AI!)

Faust

Reaction score
If you want damage and speed included in the cost, make it use damage per second.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.