Killing Dummy without death animation

Charapanga

Reaction score
Hi, as the title suggests, how do i kill a dummy without playing its death animation or anything, that it would just vanish? My trigger creates 5 per second so i can't remove them all at once cuz they have different lifespans...

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Remove Unit:
    • Unit - Hide <Unit>
    • Unit - Kill <Unit>

R

Rhaged

Code:
        Unit - Remove Unit from the game
Or
Code:
        Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Give it no model? If a unit has no model, they are totally invisible and have no death animation.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Using "Unit - Remove Unit" can cause handle stack corruption, so I suggest you avoid using it. Hide + Kill is a safer option.

Expiration Timers work well too. Especially for dummies.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
What? No one cares about my 'no model' theory?

Charapanga

Reaction score
Well i'm using a jass trigger that calls a timer every 0.5 seconds creates a dummy (needs a model, its like a clone that follows the caster) when i use expiration timer it plays death animation, when SetUnitExplodedBJ doesn't even work, no idea why(as a matter of fact, neither does SetUnitPathing, weird), tried alot of things, so i can't hide and kill it, beacuse that would be meaning waits in a timer callback which isn't really safe

vaziocs

Reaction score
What? No one cares about my 'no model' theory?

Oh y and how do you suggest changing a unit model via trigger ?? Did u guys even read what he typed he wants to make the unit disappear and look like it was removed EXPIRATION TIMERS makes the unit be killed with a timer so its the same shit.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
If it's in JASS, then this gets quite a bit easier! Just keep the dummy in a local variable, TriggerSleepAction(dummy life time), hide and kill. Expiration timers are so GUI.

@Vaziocs
He never said this info about it being a clone... I don't think. At one point did I ever suggest changing models with a trigger (which isn't possible, I heard.)

Charapanga

Reaction score
Thats a good idea! thanx
Edit: Wont TriggerSleepAction pause the whole trigger? not the whole function, cause i need the callback trigger(periodic, 0.5s) to run continously
And the LifeSpan is twice the wait time for the timer...

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
That is a problem. Post the trigger?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well, TSA doesn't work inside callback functions, however you could always use function.execute to start a new thread, then use TSA there.
For example:
JASS:
function SomeFunction takes nothing returns nothing
        call TriggerSleepAction(5.)
        // Actions
    endfunction

function Expire takes nothing returns nothing
        call SomeFunction.execute()
    endfunction

You can pass arguments easily if you're using vJass.
If you're not, you'll need to use ExecuteFunc(), and globals.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.