Kills = Money trigs

J

Jack_ONeill

Anyone know a good efficient way to make kills = money. Like say every 2 units u kill u get 5 minerals. I can do that but it requires like 100 seprate trigs. Is there a way i can lower that lol.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
OK first off, Im going to say you have stumbled upon one of the most frustratingly innaccurate things that ever happen in starcraft. The problem is, there is no kill score in starcraft that records the exact # of kills and can be lowere by triggers. The only method of making 1 kill=1 min is to use hyper triggers with kill score and set the kill score to 0 and minerals +1 whenver kill score is at least 1. That is the system that almost everyone uses-
however, if 2 units die at the same time because of splash damage, it still only gives you 1 mineral. There arent any ways around this. The only way to balance it differently would be to base mineral amounts you get off of kill score and balance the units based on the default kill scores they give, which is a pain in the face and not recommended.
So, I reccomend sticking with a system that has hyper triggers and this:
Code:
conditions:
player 1 kill score at least 1
actions:
preserve trigger
set kill score for player 1 to 0
add 1 minerals for player 1

G

GaLaNT

It works but theres another problem

Ok, theres one problem. I read your solution and i put it into the trigger area. You know on rpgs you get exp everytime you kill a unit. It keeps sending my exp down back too 0. How do i fix this?

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
well, you could techincally convert it into another variable, but that would be a very messy system when used alongside a kills-->mins trigger

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.