Defense King of the Castle 3.0 - Beta testers needed

Im_On_56k

Hm...
Reaction score
King of the Castle v3.0

Download

attachment.php

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nKJYIxRTNxY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nKJYIxRTNxY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

This version is a complete rebuild of the game. The only things preserved are the terrain and ideas!
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

The idea of the game is exactly the same. You have a Castle and you want your Castle to stay alive, but you also want to kill the enemy castle. Simple concept.

You are allowed to choose one of four possible races and two game modes. FFA and 2v2.

Human, Orc, Night Elf and Undead are the possible race choices. In a FFA match everyone is against everyone. There are no teams or hidden alliances. Each time you send a unit it goes to every enemy player's lane too. The amount of players playing (total of 4) determine the strategy you would use. For each unit you send it also costs 1 food to support it. If you are doing a 4 way FFA it costs 3 food to send one single unit.

In a 2v2 match Red and Blue are on a team, so are Teal and Purple. It is also possible to create a 2v1 with three players playing if 2v2 is selected.

v3.0 of King of the Castle also has a new AI system. In older versions AI would just have a preset damage that increased every so often and it would pick some random units in its lane and damage it. The old system also only sent units in sets of 2. Meaning you wouldn't see the computer send more then 2 different types of units every few minutes. With the new system the AI shows a visual representation of the current attack it is using. It has no 'increasing periodic damage'. It only can use attacks every other player can use. The AI can also send any unit set at a time. Meaning it has access to all units you do and it will send them.

Basically to sum up the AI. It can and will do everything you can potentially do.

Wizards have also been revamped. You can train up to four wizards to help defend your castle. What wizards do now though, is use a preset obtainable spell that you would normally use as a click attack. If you don't quite understand what I mean, I suggest you play the game to find out.

There are several new and fixed features in 3.0. If you are up for a finger aching game, this is it.

GAME DETAILS
A bracket beside an upgrade name represents the number of levels it has. If there are no brackets the upgrade only has one level.

Global Upgrades:
Hand of God - Increases the damage of all click based attacks by 10%.
Multiclicker - When clicking a unit there is a 8% chance for your click to replicate itself 0.35 seconds later.
Passive Repair(3) - Grants your Castle a 2hp regeneration. (2hp per level)
Fortified Walls(5) - Increases hp of your castle by 20% and defense by 2 per level.
Food Production(3) - Increases food cap by 5 per level.
Guard Tower - Constructs a defensive structure beside your castle.
Archer(5) - Trains a defensive unit that lines up in front of your castle.
Wizard(4) - Trains a defensive unit that lines up in front of your castle.

Human:
Draft - When sending a unit there is a 4% chance for it to create a replica of itself. This replica costs no gold, but uses food. Player receives 50% of income granted by the unit it replicates.
Economic Boom - Increases the amount of income gained from sending units by 10%.
Air Domination(3) - Increases the damage done by air units by 4 each level.

Orc:
Ancestry - When a unit owned by you dies there is a chance to send an ancestor into all enemy lanes.
Spiked Defenses - Melee units are returned damage when attacking your Castle.
Bolstered Siege Weapons(3) - Increases the range of all siege units by 125 and hp by 10% per level.

Night Elf:
Nature's Grasp - Increases the movement speed of all units by 35% and attack speed by 15%.
Need more ideas...

Undead:
Cached Armies - For every 10 food owned every 15 seconds a skeleton is sent down all enemy lanes. The skeleton costs no gold and uses no food.
Chime of the Dead - Each time you send a unit there is a chance to send a skeleton along with it. The skeleton costs no gold and uses no food.
Exotic Mutations(3) - Increases the hp of all units by 10 per level.

Click Attacks
Start Attack
Slap - Slaps the target unit for 10 damage.

Level 1 - 200g
Bolt - Strikes the target with lightning dealing 13 damage.
Dismember - Attempts to dismember the target dealing 10 damage and 1 damage to 3 nearby units.
Icicle - Strikes a unit with an icicle dealing 5 damage. The icicle has a 30% chance to shatter dealing 5 damage to 6 nearby units.
Pound - Pounds the target unit for 10 damage. 15% of the time you pound the target with great force it creates a shockwave dealing 3 damage to all nearby units.

Level 2 - 675g
Chain Lightning - Strikes three targets with lightning dealing 9 damage.
Moonshock - Strikes the target dealing 15 damage and 6 damage to 2 nearby units.
Granulate - Attempts to granulate the target dealing 27 damage to the target.
Displacement Surge - Attempts to move a unit to the beginning of the lane while dealing 7 damage to the target and 4 damage to 5 nearby units.

Level 3 - 2278g
Lightning Link - Links 6 units together located anywhere within your lane dealing 11 damage each.
Rifle - Shoots a bullet at the target unit. The bullet will damage all units in its path for 8 damage until it reaches the target.
Scorch - Scorches the target for 18 damage. If the target does not die from this effect it jumps to a nearby unit repeating itself until a target dies from the scorch.

Level 4 Final - 7689g
Obliterate - Drops a Mountain Giant on the target unit. When the Mountain Giant crashes to the ground it deals 25 damage to all nearby units in a large radius.

Ideas for anything is greatly appreciated.

Download

Im_On_56k

Hm...
Reaction score
Eww.. you mean server, right? :D
Yes, server! Thank you for noticing.

For those wanting to beta test!

I would like to do a series of tests at different times. So hopefully one of these times will be good for everyone - if not I can always put a computer in an empty slot to test out the AI more. (all current balancing has been from just playing against the computer)

I am thinking 3pm EST today (1.5 hours from this post), this is probably to early of a time for it to be distributed amongst everyone. We shall see though. If you have Ventrilo with a microphone make a reply so I can see if I will even bother with using it. Probably best to reply if you can make the time also, and if not reply with a time you will be available.

Thanks.

-edit
From the looks of it 3pm won't be a good time. I'll wait it out. Anyone feel free to reply if you are interesting in beta testing and a time you will be available.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Need more ideas...

Night Elf
Shining Moonlight (3) - In the hours of night, Nightelf units will regenerate 5% faster. (Per Level)
Crippling Nature (3) - When enemy units get too close to the Castle, they have a 10% chance that they will become trap in a massive root system. (Percentage goes up per level)
The Forest's Protection - For every 10 units killed by your forces, a treant is sent down all enemy lanes

You are free to use these ideas and edit their numbers, etc.
I can try to come up with more if those don't seem work.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Forgot to post here, :D
It was a fun game. Like those, forgot the name of that game, line wars or something.

I think the player attacks shouldn't just increase in rank one by one and then replace the other, maybe have different ranks of attacks that split into the 3 columns - Upgraded, Advanced, and Ultimate.
Then each column would have 4 different types of that, so people don't just go all saving a lot of money for one attack, but have relatively equal amounts of money cost but with different tastes.
Upgraded attacks would all cost like around 100-200 gold, with low stats.
Advanced attacks would all cost around 400-700 gold, with medium stats.
Ultimate attacks would all cost around 1000-2000 gold, with high stats.
Like, the way it is now, it's not even worth buying the first few attacks. :)

But other than that, it's basically polished, ready, and finished. :thup:

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Im_On_56k

Hm...
Reaction score
I think the player attacks shouldn't just increase in rank one by one and then replace the other, maybe have different ranks of attacks that split into the 3 columns - Upgraded, Advanced, and Ultimate.
Then each column would have 4 different types of that, so people don't just go all saving a lot of money for one attack, but have relatively equal amounts of money cost but with different tastes.
Upgraded attacks would all cost like around 100-200 gold, with low stats.
Advanced attacks would all cost around 400-700 gold, with medium stats.
Ultimate attacks would all cost around 1000-2000 gold, with high stats.
Like, the way it is now, it's not even worth buying the first few attacks. :)
I like the idea of having 4 attacks per category, but that only leaves 3 categories to deal with upgrading damage by a large amount. Possibly the last category will have 3 attacks and the last slot will be to upgrade your building to a higher level allowing you to purchase more higher level attacks. I'll see what I can do.

Currently I am up to 10 different attacks.

Miz said:
Night Elf
Shining Moonlight (3) - In the hours of night, Nightelf units will regenerate 5% faster. (Per Level)
Crippling Nature (3) - When enemy units get too close to the Castle, they have a 10% chance that they will become trap in a massive root system. (Percentage goes up per level)
The Forest's Protection - For every 10 units killed by your forces, a treant is sent down all enemy lanes

You are free to use these ideas and edit their numbers, etc.
I can try to come up with more if those don't seem work.
Thanks for the ideas.

afisakov

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Chime of the Dead - Each time you send a unit there is a chance to send a skeleton along with it. The skeleton costs no gold and uses no food.
Please mention how much income this gives, if any. Also does the replica of the human units give income? when they do replicate is it a % per each unit in each lane or is it calculated when u buy it and thus replicating in all lanes at once if it happens?

Im_On_56k

Hm...
Reaction score
Chime of the Dead grants no income since the unit does not use any food. I have changed Draft so your income increases by 50% of the income the unit it replicates gives.

It is a chance every time you send a unit. If a replica occurs it sends it down all enemy lanes. For example say you send a Rifleman which is worth +2 income. If a replica occurs you will be given an additional +1 income.

NewGuy

Reaction score
NewGuy

:):cool::D:confused:Hey im new Ba Dum BA but i wanna play this new game plz reply wth more info on how i can play?!:)

boxstar99

Reaction score
hi just played for the first time. noticed one annoying bug: "food 0/0: amount of food you are using over the current amount you can sustain" doesn't go away and overlaps with other tooltips

other than that, i love the map. keep up the great work

FurryRage

Reaction score
Is it me or the map doesn't work anymore since the recent 1.24d update?
I tried hosting 3 times in a row, and I had weird purple boxes all around the map, and every other player got kicked out of the map during loading each time

any help here? or should I wait for a fix of the map?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.