RPG Knights Requiem

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
Version 1.51B
This new map made by me and a friend (XGrin_StitchX) was created as a new rpg with good terrain, updated features, and partially as a grinder with entertainment value. It contains a save/load code, borrowed from acehart(Thank god he exists), models from hive workshop,(Once again, thank god) and several quests, with more to come. Right now It is in open beta, meaning I need feedback, suggestion and bugs.

One of the special features of the map is the item artifacts, which contain special critical s, called "Unleashes". Unleashes not only have special effects, but are able to do things such as AOE, extra damage and more.

You are basically a mercenary right now, looking for head counts, but eventually the story will involve finding the 5 great instruments that lead to the promised land, where the crystal to save the world lies. Not much of a story, but it will hopefully have twists.

Heros gain abilities through spell books, except onion knight, who is a stat based hero.

Please note that this map is still under construction. :thup:

Link to epic war:http://www.epicwar.com/maps/89801/

Please use below to comment.

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
Dissapointing RPG. Booring Terrain, unserious blabla...

How so? Please dont critisize without pointing out more specific reasons. i'd like to improve this rpg, so constructive criticism is welcome though.
What can I do to improve the terrain? What does the game need (Other than a story, that's being worked on) to make it more interesting.

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
I agree with Vylatin

terrain is so "randomized"
it's like you didn't think what were you doing, just putting random stuff on a flat terrain

for example, those giant outland mushrooms don't fit very good with a village tree..

the first ss is really ugly... it's just too non-natural

the second ss... uhm :nuts:

first it goes with a farm, then with some elven houses and then in the middle of nowhere, an epic castle? :confused:

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I agree with Vylatin

terrain is so "randomized"
it's like you didn't think what were you doing, just putting random stuff on a flat terrain

for example, those giant outland mushrooms don't fit very good with a village tree..

the first ss is really ugly... it's just too non-natural

the second ss... uhm :nuts:

first it goes with a farm, then with some elven houses and then in the middle of nowhere, an epic castle? :confused:

dude, It is a WIP..... I don't judge the terrein of the RPG's while they are still WIP's ;)

Vylatin

Reaction score
You need to create something new. This is not unique at all. That "unleash" feature isn't enough. And a rpg must have great terrain. People don't wanna waste their time in a booring world you know. And onion knight, what is that? For me it screams unserious....

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
Ill try to work on this.
And for unique, Im thinking of A: buyable skills
B:maybe other ways to make money, such as fishing(My friend who helped me with the map wanted this also), poaching, minigames like a survival ect.

Thank you for this feedback.

sidove

Reaction score
Guys sorry for this noob question but what does WIP stand for (WERY IMPORTANT PERSON (i know that it doesn't spell so but just for fun :p)

jaybles169

Reaction score
Tooltips: Elementalist should be capitalized. Paladin is spelled wrong.
Quests: I liked the presentation.

Terrain: Eh. The town is super congested feeling. Also you need some sort of theme, there are too many different terrain types used in too little an area.

Items: You need some kind of indication that you can only wear certain items. I had no idea why items were disappearing and or just dropping on the ground when I was trying to pick them up. This also becomes a problem when you buy an item that you can't use on accident, you're kind of screwed because you can't resell it.

Misc: The timed message of who made the map is really annoying. Maybe make it happen once, a little bit after the map started. 300 hp pot and 500 hp pot cost the same amount of gold, should probably be different.

Skills: Maybe make more levels to the skills, instead of just adding a new skill that does more damage each time you level. Maybe you have it cycle back around in later levels or something I don't know. But just something to think about.

There's a start. Only played to level 6. You have a lot of work to do.

Guys sorry for this noob question but what does WIP stand for (WERY IMPORTANT PERSON (i know that it doesn't spell so but just for fun )
Means Work In Progress.

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
Guys sorry for this noob question but what does WIP stand for (WERY IMPORTANT PERSON (i know that it doesn't spell so but just for fun :p)

WIP - Work in progress

EDIT: ups Jaybles already said it... I'm blind :/

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.