Knock Up Stacking

luorax

Invasion in Duskwood
Reaction score
I've made a little KnockUp snippet last night, but I'm in a little trouble: I don't know how should they stack.

The snippet basically simulates knockups (for example Impale). It is okay, it works properly.
But my problem comes here: what should happen if you try to knock up a unit that's already in the air?
-Should the system ignore it and continue the actual knockup?
-Should the unit continue the knockup but with the new knockup's speed and max height?
-Should the unit start a new knockup with zero height? (that'd look pretty strange)
-Should the two knockup summed?
-new max height = current height + knockup2 max height or;
-new max height = knockup 1 max height + knockup 2 max height?

I'd like to know your opinion.

luorax

Invasion in Duskwood
Reaction score
Well, I got it I guess. The unit will continue the knockup, but will use the new max height and acceleration.

Dirac

Reaction score
Imo the unit should be knocked up again only if the new knockup's height is higher than the unit's current height
In that case the unit would knockup from it's current height to the new knockup max height and then return to the ground.

inevit4ble

Reaction score
This is exactly what I need. I tried to do it but couldn't!

Will love to check it out!:thup:

luorax

Invasion in Duskwood
Reaction score
Imo the unit should be knocked up again only if the new knockup's height is higher than the unit's current height
In that case the unit would knockup from it's current height to the new knockup max height and then return to the ground.

Exactly as my system works :) If the new given max height is lower than the unit's current height then the system will ignore it.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
I would add the max height and speed together, as though it propells the unit even farther, or set it to the hightest between the accellaration and max height IE: new max height = greatest between first and second max heights and the same for accellaration

Or set the new max height = current height + 2nd knock up ability max height, and the excelleration would have to be adjusted based on current/max height and the time alloted

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.