System Knockback System

Reaction score
>(That black boundaries you use are not fooling anyone)
I used the black stuff to make the system map a square.

So it would be used like that? Or does the system automatically do the needed stuff? It seems to do :p..

Why don't you make a single trigger which contains all of your systems?

Update:
-Added importing instructions.
-Fixed few mistakes from instructions.
-Now uses BorderSafety

Cohadar

master of fugue
Reaction score
Why don't you make a single trigger which contains all of your systems?

Because I am not Vexorian and because people should have a choice what stuff they want and what stuff they do not want to use.

EDIT:
I suggest you remove that black mask form your map so people can see what happens when you hit a map border.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
can u add a new effect which will only be shown when the unit is sliding in water?

Reaction score
I need only one extra argument for it, the effect string when you're on water. And if that string is empty (""), it'd use the normal effect on water too.

Cohadar

master of fugue
Reaction score
Or you could just make one more default global variable and only add one more parameter to Ex function.....

Reaction score
How come that you always have a better idea :rolleyes:.. Updating soon.

And after this update, I begin to work on my contest spell.

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
Approved. Maybe add a damage arguement, and damage the unit every tick? I think it could be a nice addition.

Reaction score
>I have been programming for more than 10 years...
!

>Maybe add a damage arguement, and damage the unit every tick? I think it could be a nice addition.
We already discussed about it.. but then we (cohadar) thought that it'd be better to leave the damaging part to the user.

I found that kind of condition, but it doesn't return true when on shallow water. I also noticed that the header had handle variables for some reason.

Updated!

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
I have been programming for more than 10 years...

you must be older then I thought then

by the way, if you ever looked at my Blaze spell, when I first made that it used 1 timer/ missile, as opposed to 1 timer period
the lag was a lot more noticeable, by 3 or 4 fold even

the water detection method is flawed, if you make a map that starts in shallow water and raise the terrain, it bugs

hell_knight

Playing WoW
Reaction score
IMO make another function that does do damage or add it in the ex version as its much more pain in the ass to use this in GUI w/o it.

Cohadar

master of fugue
Reaction score
you must be older then I thought then

It is me on avatar picture if you did not notice.

@Überplayer since this damage thing is becoming a general public request you should consider adding it. (customer is always right)

I suggest you also remove that water stupidity,
no use for having stuff that bug in your sys.
Because if it does not work as it should people will blame it on you, not on blizz.

Reaction score
the water detection method is flawed, if you make a map that starts in shallow water and raise the terrain, it bugs
I suggest you also remove that water stupidity,
no use for having stuff that bug in your sys.
Because if it does not work as it should people will blame it on you, not on blizz.
waaks! would be the one who requested the water function, and as he/she got it now.. I can remove it. Today between 3pm and 8pm GMT+2 :p..

(customer is always right)
Nah.. I don't believe in that sh*t.. :rolleyes:.. the damaging part comes along with water function removal.

Cohadar

master of fugue
Reaction score
Yeah you are right.

See the problem with stuff like this is that it is not a pure system but actually a "spell template".

And problem with spell templates is that they always miss something someone had in mind for their spell.

People used to be very fond of spell templates once, but all those templates ended having 20-30 options to cover all possibilities witch in the end rendered them overcomplicated and useless.

There is an old saying:
"You cannot please the world."

Well the answer is obvious people, copy the whole damn thing in new trigger and make the changes yourself if you want your custom stuff.

Or if you don't know how to do that ask Überplayer very very politely. :p

Reaction score
Should I use SetWidgetLife(..) instead of UnitDamageTarget(..).. just wondering as I'd need the damager unit for the UnitDamageTarget(..).

>Or if you don't know how to do that ask Überplayer very very politely.
This guy is my secretary =)

Reaction score
Update:
-Removed water effect
-Added damaging

Now there shouldn't be any problems.

>and im a male
Good to know, I guess :p..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.