Lack of Rep. Worrying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Yes. You should be worried. If you do not attain 49 reputation points by sundown, your account will explode.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think I got my first 100 rep after like 1.3k posts.

Mahucharn

I wear a fez now, fezzes are cool.
Reaction score
I just semi recently obtained 100 rep (ok, so maybe like 6 months ago), but that was after around 800 posts. A lot of reputation has to do with where you post. If you post in the WE Help Zone and your advice works, people will likely give you +rep. If you post something in the video clips section that people find interesting or that sort of thing, you are likely to obtain more rep. People typically don't receive much rep for posting pictures in the Funny Picture Thread, but I do it anyway :D . There you have it.

Ioannes

Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face.
Reaction score
I have >700 posts but only 30 Reputation Points.
Should I be worried?

lol silly question, but yeah :/

I went over the first few pages of your posts and they seem helpful. Maybe you should put an avatar - that will make it psychological. When people read your replies they will see a human face and their brains will feel more like in real life dialogue. And since people are more thankful to other people than to passive pieces of text, e.g. Wikipedia, your avatar above your post could possibly influence them subconsciously to give rep to your advices. The lack of an avatar with a human face possibly makes your posts look like quotes from anonymous guides rather than bits of dialogue (and people don't care about rewarding those much).

^^

Mahucharn

I wear a fez now, fezzes are cool.
Reaction score
Avatars are always a good idea, but I managed to get 500 rep without one, so clearly they are not essential. The one thing avatars do do is make your presence aware to staff members. This is usually a good thing, as staff and users will remember your helpfulness in the future and give you help/rep in return. For example, I got a +rep from someone (not going to name names) not because they liked my posts (see my Funny Picture Thread posts), but they liked that I was making the thread active and trying to get others to join in. Also, I breathed life into the FPT, but because of jobs and school, I have forced to be less actively posting pictures and other content.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Yes. You should be worried. If you do not attain 49 reputation points by sundown, your account will explode.
lol.

Okay thanks all. Will look into adding an avatar soon.
@Ioannes You said that I should add a real avatar, but I see like none here on TH. Curious as to showing who I am to people I do not now is really necessary. Regardlessly I have taken your advice into consideration. Thank you

I think I got my first 100 rep after like 1.3k posts.

Thanks for reasurrance.

--

But I suppose rep shouldn't really be a big deal but when you see users with >1000, it can be conserning haha

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Disable rep, in my opinion. Just makes people get e-egos and half-ass posts just to get higher post/rep counts. :p

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
People get different rep at different rates. My rep used to be higher than my post count, but that's when I actually helped people.

I'm sure you even got sympathy rep from this thread lol.

>Disable rep, in my opinion.

Pretty sure only admins can do that. Phyrex is original :p

Bronxernijn

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Semi-subtle 'rep me pl0x' thread.

And don't worry, the people that really matter on this forum don't care about rep!

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
LOL, threads about Rep are so last year :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.