Lags and disconnect

L

LT.Homer Simpson

I was reading a post by one of our unregistered members.(Thats why you should register) and did some checking at EA forums.
It seems that the ingame server browser continues to kept updating itself while your in the game. This can cause additional lag and disconnects for some people, and higher pings for others. Using this suggestion will disable the browser.(Note: You won't be able to find a server inside the game unless you know the ip or use an outside browser like gamespy or all seeing eye)

In your BF1942 directory open the MultiplayerServers folder.
Rename GameSpyJoin_MP_Demo.dll by changing the extension to .bak
Make a copy of GameSpyLanJoin_MP_Demo.dll
Rename this copy to GameSpyJoin_MP_Demo.dll
The in-game browser should no longer function, so the lag should hopefully disappear.

K

kevinbailie

Also if you happen to be using hacked exes you will be unable to connect to LAN server at all as both dedicated and non-dedicated servers have a verification checker that will refuse connections from machines with hacked exes - btw I own a copy of 1942 but would choose to use a hacked exe as a preference to having to insert the disc every time I want to play the game ;)

I also notice a complete abscence of threads regarding the use of hacked exes good or bad - are threads like that banned on these boards?

Great Game - well worth the money - go out and buy it.

S

Swilo

There simply isn't anything to discuss about using cracks. They go against the EULA you agreed to when installing and thus are illegal.
You gain the ability to start the game without the CD in the drive (It WILL requires it to play due to necessary data being stored on CD), but lose the ability to play.

U

Unregistered

Ive tried this already, and it doesnt seem to work. I still lag straight to 1023 and i stay there...could it be cause ive a 33.6 connection????????

F

Foogar

Originally posted by Unregistered
Ive tried this already, and it doesnt seem to work. I still lag straight to 1023 and i stay there...could it be cause ive a 33.6 connection????????

Yes, also, how many people are on the servers you're connecting to? With my blasted 56k winmodem I can handle a 12 person game just fine, anything above that starts to look ugly.

U

Unregistered

Lag Spikes

I am having the same problem.....Lag Spikes. where it will run fine for about one minute then give me a message saying connection problem. And give me like 1300 ping. I have windows XP and a wireless SMC network on a cable modem. I talked to the router's tech support and they said that i need the port address for Battlefield. Any helpfull hints or port addresses would be hulpfull.

U

Unregistered

My Multiplayer Servers folder only has a word document called "GameSpyKeyMap" am I missing something?

U

Unregistered

Lag can also be caused by haveing ANY programs running in the background besides battlefield while playing. Virus scanners are the worst, some people have background scanning running which scans every file being used by your com.Major mistake, even if you have the best com available right now, you should still never run any program that is not needed with your internet connection or game in the background while playing online.I dont care if you have a 2.6 gig com with a 128 video card and a t1 fiber optic connection, running programs in the background WILL lag you.

U

Unregistered

56K dial up forget this patch and that, programs running in the background (however it don’t help), missing DLL's replacing DLL's, turning off the in game browser (this also could help slightly). Dial up and go to http://www.numion.com test your speed, if you getting anything less than 20K per second you might as well forget going into a BF server that has more than 16 players. You will receive 1024 and > pings along with that fantastic 'connection problems detected' message. Simply re-connect and test again wait until you get a decent connection speed. If you have a BT line ring them up and ask them to turn up the Gain on the line, this can help with connection problems in general. Also check the following:

1) Check voice messaging is turned off (1571) for BT
2) Dis-connect any other phones in the house before dialling up
3) If you have sky unplug the sky modem connection before you dial up. (Don’t forget to plug it back in!)

The bad news is that at peak times you are going to have problems with a dial up connection, get broadband!

U

Unregistered

Hey kevinbailie,

Is there anyway to remove the verification checker? Cause I have a hacked exe file and loaned the CD to someone that left (it's a long story). Since I didn't wana go buy it again, I cracked it. Now I can't play online at all. It says "Invalid Serial Number". What the fuck does that mean? I had the right one....
So it would be cool if I could disable the verification....or bypass it in anyway......could i do it with the GameSpyJoin.dll? Please help me out guys.....

Btw, you can call me How'sthis......(instead of unregistered)

H

How'sThis

Verification checker

Ok, I haven't found out how to bypass the verification checker but, I touched the GameHost.dll and I can host normally now, AND, I have found a very good server without the verification checker. If you want the IP for it than contact me by e-mail.

C

Cpt_Nukem

:rolleyes: Ok, thats all nice and good......but what if your running the full version instead of just the Demo?????????...when I dissconnect or leave a server I always have to refresh my list, also on certain maps I get lagg when I look one way but not the other....512k connection, XP 2.3g P4 256ram....did the tweak already....p.s....I find that it helps if in the ingame browser you stick to servers with green lights...but I still gett a little laggy sometimes, and my ping is only at 73ms

U

Unregistered

56k?

56k? whats that? dial-up? huh, rotary phones? what? 8 track? hahahaha

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    So what it really is me trying to implement some kind of better site navigation not change the whole theme of the site
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.