World Lance Armstrong admits Doping

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
AUSTIN, Texas -- After a decade of denial, Lance Armstrong has finally come clean: He used performance-enhancing drugs to win the Tour de France.

The disgraced cyclist made the confession to Oprah Winfrey during an interview taped Monday, a person familiar with the situation told The Associated Press. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the interview is to be broadcast Thursday on Winfrey's network.

The admission Monday came hours after an emotional apology by Armstrong to the Livestrong charity that he founded and took global on the strength of his celebrity as a cancer survivor who came back to win one of sport's most grueling events.

A source told ABC News that Armstrong is also talking to cycling authorities about naming names of others involved in illegal doping in hopes of reducing his lifetime ban.

Last edited:

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
Yup, I'd be ashamed if I were a cancer survivor that went on to win the Tour de France, too.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
This is as shameful as that cheater with metal legs that won that marathon.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Seriously, he lied and cheated his way into the spotlight. And he destroyed anyone who questioned him or stood in his way!

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
I think the denial thing was kind of ridiculous. I mean, if you're going to play on the whole "Well, I had cancer, overcame it and still won" thing, then why deny it? Why not try to sell it as a "balancing" thing?

Either way, I felt the whole thing was kind of crazy when they made it a big deal he was being banned. I mean, to go back and erase all those wins? Do they really have evidence that every single one of his wins was tainted?

Iunno... I'm the kind of guy that's of the mindset of "bans are bad enough, leave the rest alone", but hey, who am I to say? :)

FireCat

Reaction score
I mean, to go back and erase all those wins? Do they really have evidence that every single one of his wins was tainted?
But Lance Armstrong "did admitted to doping" Isn't this enough evidence to prove, he did it on "every wins. Well, he didn't denied it! Not now anyway.

DM Cross

Reaction score
No, that's not enough.

Doping once and doping every time are two VERY different things.

FireCat

Reaction score
What do you say about this!

Throughout his career, Lance Armstrong always responded to doping accusations by saying he had been tested for banned substances hundreds of times and never produced a positive result.

And he was warned before any controls. In 20 minutes eh? And you see, a lot of manipulations are possible between any controls.

DM Cross

Reaction score
If he's being randomly tested and never producing a positive result but is really on something I think the people who should really be ashamed are the people doing the tests. I mean, that's what they make their money doing and they can't catch one guy with the chemicals in his system?

Keep in mind, that's kind of a "if you can't catch me, why shouldn't I break the rules?" response and I don't agree with that thinking. But he's saying now that on at least one occasion (NOTE: I didn't read the whole article so don't shoot me for summarizing) he did use it. All my point is: Does that mean all his awards AND a lifetime ban should be taken from him?

No. Take away any tainted results, ban him for life and if he won a race fair and square, he won that race, you should not take it away from him.

What movie was it that said "one good deed is not enough to condone a life of wickedness, but it seems enough of condemn him"... Pirates of the Carribean, right?

Iunno. My take on things. Don't take away things that rightfully belong to someone.

Varine

Reaction score
Eh, I'm more along the mindset that he beat the system at the time. Statute of limitations, anyone?

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
i don't see why blood doping should be illegal. there are no ways to test for it aside for some high blood pressure... but that's about it. IT"S YOUR OWN BLOOD! XD but I suppose it does go against the spirit of the sport.

Varine

Reaction score
I think the moral of the story here is, even if you overcome cancer, you'll get fucked over if you cheat at something, and they relentlessly pursue you until you admit it, and then they will take away everything you've ever done, and then give you cancer again.

FireCat

Reaction score
"Awards" should be taken away from him. He did cheating!
Well, If Lance Armstrong wants to compete again "without doping himself" then why not.
But It won't be easy !!!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.