Leaderboard Problems!

M

Macintuss

Hi I have a leaderboard in my map that keeps track of all the kills you make. It works great for everyone (players 2-8) except red (player 1). What happens is that the integer array "TotalKills" for player one red wont change until he kills two units, and only then it will jump to 1 (instead of 2). I know it has something to do with the leaderboard because i made a trigger to display totalkills[player number of player 1 red] when i type "sk" and It always shows the correct number of kills but that number is not the same number showing on my leaderboard. [For example I kill two units as player 1 red. I type "sk", it displays "2", leaderboard for player 1 red says "1" kill(s)]

Here is the trigger(s) for my leaderboard.
Get kills
Code:
Kills
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
        (Owner of (Dying unit)) Not equal to (Owner of (Killing unit))
        (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Not equal to Golem Part
        (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Not equal to Dummy
        (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Not equal to Skeleton Warrior
        (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Not equal to Hero Golem Part
        (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Not equal to Base Destroyer
    Actions
        Set TotalKills[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] = (TotalKills[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] + 1)
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                TotalLevels[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] Equal to 0
                TotalKills[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] Greater than or equal to 500
            Then - Actions
                Set TotalLevels[(Player number of (Owner of (Killing unit)))] = 1
            Else - Actions
                Do nothing
setup board
Code:
Setup Board
    Events
        Time - Elapsed game time is 0.01 seconds
    Conditions
    Actions
        Leaderboard - Create a leaderboard for (All players controlled by a User player) titled Kills
        Set TheLeaderBoard = (Last created leaderboard)
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (If (((Player((Integer A))) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Leaderboard - Add (Player((Integer A))) to TheLeaderBoard with label (Name of (Player((Integer A)))) and value TotalKills[(Player number of (Player((Integer A))))]) else do (Do nothing))
        Leaderboard - Remove Player 9 (Gray) from (Last created leaderboard)
update board
Code:
Update Board
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
    Actions
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (If (((Player((Integer A))) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Leaderboard - Change the value for (Player((Integer A))) in TheLeaderBoard to TotalKills[(Integer A)]) else do (Do nothing))
        Leaderboard - Sort TheLeaderBoard by Value in Descending order
Any help would be greatly appreciated as i have been dealing with this problem for quite a while now. Thanks for reading!

the Lumpy

►►►
Reaction score
My guess is that the leaderboard is being updated for Player 1 before his number of kills is updated. Try removing the event from the Update Board trigger, and instead have the Kills trigger run the Update Board trigger. Alternatively, you could try putting a small wait action (about 0.05 seconds) at the start of the Update Board trigger.

M

Macintuss

Thanks the Lumpy, It seems to work fine now that I added the "run" update instead of with the even "a unit dies". +rep

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.