League of Legends anyone play?

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
I've tried it, and I'm not too fond of it. Concepts cool and the players are way nicer than in DotA, but it's way overpowered with many of the classes. Most of the OP classes being donation classes, pretty much whoever donates always wins against regular players if they know how to use their class, pretty lame.

Also, moving this to games discussion.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Ummm... The only thing you would "donate" for is skins and bundles. Champions can be bought free from just playing the game.

ZugZugZealot

Reaction score
I have Alistar, Amumu, Ashe, Blitzcrank, Master Yi, Morgana, Rammus, Ryze, Shaco, Sivir, Soraka, Twisted Fate, Zilean, and Corki. Corki was a gift character if you've had an account since a certain time, UFO skin came with it.

Level 30, and almost a full book of tier 3 runes (for caster and physical/non-specific)

I haven't spent a single penny on it. -_-

Explaining the process... You play for IP. Playing a practice game will get you 51 IP per round. You can only earn IP from a practice game three times in a day. For normal games, losing will get you 60-70 IP, winning will get you 100ish IP. You can use IP to buy/unlock champions and runes.

The only things that cost Riot points (what you pay for) are skins and boosts (IP/EXP).

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
I played it.
It's okay... way too easy, most of the players are bad. People are nicer there, but they're not really gamers, ha.
It has some cool ideas, I like the talents and champion spells, but it's too simple, especially the players.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Renendaru

Reaction score
You played at the low low low-elo. Once you get about 200 wins and about 100 losses, you get to mid elo. Once you get to mid elo it gets really fun, since that's where extreme teamwork comes into play.

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm about level 10, I like Mundo and Gangplank. I generally use Mundo atm and I am saving for Gangplank.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
i played it.

The movement screen is so much different from wc3. With wc3, i became adept at just flicking my finger to the edge of the trackpad and it moved my screen, i cant do that with LoL, its too hard to move the screen around with a trackpad, if i try to flick my finger again itlll just go about 3/4ths of the screen

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
The game's too nice for me, lol.
When I'm bored of everything I go on once in awhile, but it's nothing spectacular.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

ZugZugZealot

Reaction score
There's certainly a difference in champion viability for climbing ELO.

Low ELO, it's all like. YEAH! Master Yi! I kill your entire team! Get higher in ELO, stun, stun, snare, stun; Master Yi is f-ing useless.

This happens in reverse with Alistar. Raww! I'm going to tank and initiate hell yeah... Only my team isn't f-ing moving with me. In higher ELO, you get generally get higher ELO teammates, though matchmaking here and there decides you deserve to lose for no apparent reason. Anyways, he's great when in a team that can take a fast victory.

Renendaru

Reaction score
Let's see... I'm coming up to high elo soon and what generally happens is that both sides pick alot of CC (Crowd control: ie, stuns, snares, slows) and focus on having a tank or carry. People will usually rush bushes with someone from mid to get first blood then optionally push to take a quick tower, but usually mid trucks it back. Mid generally consists of the carry, or their best farmer. Good combinations at this elo is probably Morgana and Tristana in the same lane. Morgana snares, then Tristana will Rocket jump on you or finish with basic attack or her ult.

Razalgrim

Reaction score
I played this and liked it. Messed something up and had to reinstall it, but I kept putting it off.

I love the customization part of the game, plus the champion rotations keep things fresh. I miss my Jax, though. :(

Also, would anyone care to elaborate on this SEA issue? I don't want to reinstall it if I can't play it anymore.

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
basically, they made a deal with some SEA company.

the COMPANY (not Riot), i think asked that SEA players be IP Banned from NA LoL..
so the company set an IP RANGE for banning.

BUT there are reports (and I am one of them) of some SEA Players' IP that escaped the ban.

Riot Signs a League of Legends Publisher in Southeast Asia said:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=66146

Attention, League of Legends players!

Riot Games has signed a distribution agreement with a publisher in Southeast Asia! While we cannot yet reveal the specifics, we are extremely excited at the prospect of being able to offer a higher quality experience to players in this territory through our new partner.

Through this partnership, we will be able to offer Southeast Asia its own, unique League of Legends experience. In addition to a localized client, we aim to be able to provide increased accessibility to Southeast Asian players through features and promotions specifically geared towards the residents of this region. We also hope to advance League of Legends to many new players in the area, including a large number of veteran DotA players.

Unfortunately, this does mean that, as of February 25th, players located in Malaysia, Vietnam, Singapore, and the Phillipines will be blocked from the North American servers as part of our publishing agreement. All of these players have received a refund in full for any purchases they have made, and each has received a personal email from Riot Games explaining the situation, and offering a code redeemable for additional exclusive content once their local servers go live.

We believe that this will be an exciting opportunity for League of Legends to achieve even greater success in a new market, and to provide a high-quality, competitive gaming experience to a much larger number of Southeast Asian players.

Razalgrim

Reaction score
That sucks. Quite frankly, I hate playing with other Asians. Well, not in general, but if you've played, I dunno, Maple Story SEA or some local MMO here in the Philippines or something, you'll see what I mean.

Ah well.

Though... I haven't any received mail from Riot yet. I guess there's hope. :eek:

Bronxernijn

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I also play League of Legends. I am level 26 now, at around 1:1 win/loss ratio. I recently started playing morgana, a terrific support champion, which also means you rely on your team much :). Since I play solo a lot it depends completely on the team.

I play on the EU servers, summoner name is Bronxo. Add me if you like.

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
'just played with Mordekaiser...]

all i can say is he's not for low elo play.
he heavily depends on teammates for snare/cc.. 'cause he aint got one!..

all he does is damage damage damage.
if your enemy can just stand still. lol.
yeah, you need really good teammates for him.

ZugZugZealot

Reaction score
Playing Morgana, I only need like two things from my teammates, be able to dish damage on towers and not feed.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
i have to admit, the people in LoL are a lot nicer, i probably died like 4 times in my first game, and they didnt yell or scream, or anything. In a DotA game i wouldve been kicked T_T

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.