Not open for further replies.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/preorder

Yes!

LoL said:
Game Features

* Take on the role of Summoner as you build your masteries, select your available spells, equip your Runes and call forth your Champions to battle
* Select one of over 40 unique Champions, each with unique special abilities and innovative gameplay mechanics
* Level your Champion from weak to powerful and make RPG-style advancement decisions from improving abilities to equipping items in fast paced battle scenarios
* Play on hand-crafted, stylized map scenarios to outsmart and defeat the enemy team
* Go head-to-head in competitive multiplayer matches with and against your friends, or compete in solo matches against configurable AI bots
* Create or join teams to work with others and become the best in the League
* Earn in-game rewards to show off your impressive accomplishments through a ground breaking meta-game experience
* Robust community features and support including automated matchmaking, rankings and more!

Preorder Content

* 20 playable Champions
* 4 special Summoner Runes
* $10 of Riot Points for use in the store
* An exclusive Champion skin, exclusive to the Pre-order - Minotaur (hover over to view the full-size image)
* An exclusive Champion skin, exclusive to the Digital Collector's Edition - Annie (hover over to view the full-size image)

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
Off-topic: lol.

Slightly on topic:

DotA is taking over the world.

On topic:

Is this only going to be a PC game?

Also, when we pre-oder it.. the extra game content, that will come with our game right?

When will this be coming out?--(Nvm, coming out in September)

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
is this PvP only? it looked like PvP only from the way the game is made and the profile preview. It showcased PvP things

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
what about the people that hate DotA, will THEY like it
(If DotA is as big as they say it is, it will have huge profit, for all we know, they could reduce the price to like 5 bucks and still get a large sum of profit)

Maybe ill play you in LoL some day :3

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
what about the people that hate DotA, will THEY like it
(If DotA is as big as they say it is, it will have huge profit, for all we know, they could reduce the price to like 5 bucks and still get a large sum of profit)

Maybe ill play you in LoL some day :3

It is based off of DotA, doesn't necessarily mean it will be exactly like it. The gameplay will be similar, it will probably just be more fun than DotA since this game will have it's own engine dedicated to the game. Plus, I'm gonna take a guess that you will have some sort of way to progress or level without losing your progress.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Wow, this is so cool. I'm glad that they finally finished it. I thought it was going to be trashed at the last minute just to disappoint us all. Hopefully a strong community will stay with that game for a few years. Get rid of all the Dota players on WC3.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Do they have a non-collector's pack? Cuz I'm not willing to pay more than $20 for this game.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
I'm tempted to get it, just effy about spending that much cash since no job and saving for laptop for college. <<

Reaction score
I'm happy with how Heroes of Newerth is working out, even if it still is in closed beta. People who have had the opportunity to try both HoN and LoL seem to prefer HoN.

If you didn't like DotA, don't try HoN. It's based solely on DotA, having the all the items taken from there (with permission, all of this) and most heroes (the good ones) taken and somewhat remodified. I like it more than DotA right now, the controls are better, somewhat easier to learn, which surprises me and for some reason a bit more entertaining, hard to say why.

Don't think I'll be buying LoL, we'll see if I get enough of HoN in the beta.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Woot. I didn't know the game was gonna free lol.

I got into the beta and it's pretty damn good. :thup:

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Geelottaja, here's my throw-down of HoN, LoL, and Demigod from my perspective, since I have beta keys for all 3:

+HoN is literally DotA 2.0. Exact copy. Makes gameplay and stat-recording improvements.
+LoL is like DotA, but introduces new features. Also lessens the learning curve DotA has.
+Demigod is interesting, but if you are a decent DotA player, you will find it hard to die, and if the game is full of competent players, the game becomes nothing but a pushing fight.

In my opinion (like you said), I prefer HoN, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't shy away from HoN.

Speaking of LoL though, I have a spare Beta key. Anyone wanna try it?

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Sorry kc, sqrage jumped on the gun for it. However, if you enjoy DotA at all, I can promise you that you will enjoy League of Legends, so go ahead and buy it when it comes out ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.