League of Legends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
Now that that's solved, let's steer away from DotA discussion.

Personally, I think this will be an amazing game, and hope I make it into beta!

DogOfHavoc

Future Tragedy
Reaction score
The graphics don't really look like an upgrade from wc. But graphics aren't everything.

Crusher

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
The graphic itself look amazing ( Viewing from this trailer ) , and I hope that it will be the same for the game :).

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
personally demigod is looking better, and it's close to the same thing except much, much prettier graphics

http://www.demigodthegame.com/

"LOOKS" is keyword ... Demigod has like 8 or 10 heroes to choose from, that's it. They claim to have more customization than DotA, but that translates into an extra move for each hero...wonderful...

The graphics don't really look like an upgrade from wc. But graphics aren't everything.

Apparently they are constantly revamping and upgrading the graphics. Pendragon (the community leaders for both DotA and LoL, and an employee of LoL) said they were about to pull that video on the first page because they upgraded the graphics yet again! ;)

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
I like that it keeps the cartoon-ish Wc3 art style. I've always been attracted to Blizzard's graphics (WoW, Wc3 etc..)
Never been into graphics like Guildwars and Warhammer.

A little info I was unable to gather up, so is this gonna be a one-time pay deal? W/ possible expansions of course?

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Well, it wouldn't work on my computer here at college, it only has NVIDIA 4 series. Kinda makes me wish I brought my souped up $1.5k computer to school ...

But anywho, I installed it on a friend's computer that has decent specs, and it was great! I couldn't find the print key for the longest time, so I don't have pictures. BUT, I can state the following:

+The item system is GREAT! Hotkeys are 1-5. Buying is much more easier, since all items are categorized quite clearly as to what they add. I was looking for evasion, for example, and voila! it listed all the items with evasion. Also, you can buy fusable items instantly if you have the gold to buy all the parts + recipe cost. The recipe tree is nicely laid out for all items.
+Gameplay was great. All heroes have their advantages and disadvantages. Denying was removed, but last hitting remains. There's a targeting system involved that allows you to have another unit's stats appear at the top of your screen while still having your own available. When you begin casting a spell, an aoe grid appears as to how far you can cast it (for most spells, it's a ring around yourself). There's NO turnspeed involved to mess up your attack animation. Hotkeys for spells are qwer for Champion abilities, and as for Summoner abilities. That leads me to ...
+A Summoner is represented for you in and out of games as your Avatar, and it can level up! Summoners supply two spells pre-picked before the game. They aren't drastic, but they are useful. Flash, for example, is a nifty one, which is Blink in LoL. Another useful one is Exhaust, which slows slightly and silences the enemy for four seconds. They all have 2-4 minute cooldowns, however, so you must be cautious. There is also skilltrees for the Summoner to put points into, which either passively help your Champion slightly (extra mana/hp regen, extra mana/hp, extra dmg, etc.) or passively help out your Summoner moves. They do help, but again, a level 1 Summoner can still be a challenge for a level 10 Summoner.
+I beat Guinsoo!

I personally enjoyed Ryze. From early to lategame with your ultimate, if you find an enemy Champion off-guard away from other enemy units, you can instantly kill them. It's lich's ultimate, but it can bounce on yourself to enhance the dmg.

Any more info you guys want? I'll work on pics tomorrow.

Crusher

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Nice information sephiroth! Well I also signed up for beta test and I was not included too. Can you tell me when the game is going to be released, so that I can download it or buy it? :)

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Nice information sephiroth! Well I also signed up for beta test and I was not included too. Can you tell me when the game is going to be released, so that I can download it or buy it? :)

They are very picky about telling people things, specifically dates. Mainly because whatever date they announce can get pushed back. BUT, they hinted that they plan to release it by the end of this year!

I'm sure there will be a torrent soon enough. :p

Erm, to register/log in, you gotta have a beta key. Good luck cracking that.

EDIT:

Summoner skill tree. The skill I have highlighted is in the green tree, which is geared towards regeneration/passive improvements. Red is for damage and health, and blue is for spells and mana. You can reset your points in between games, which is a nice feature.

lol3n.jpg

Oh, and here are some of the Summoner spells I was talking about:

lol4l.jpg

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
No denying? Now how are you supposed to stop someone from last hitting your creeps? :(

I like how the summoner idea isn't too overpowered. That was my fear that starting out would be really hard for this game.

Good job owning Guinsoo. :p Screenies please! xD

Lane domination with professional harassing/spellcasting mixed with fast leveling counters it. You level fast in the beginning (kinda like Easy Mode in DotA), but you never really hit the max level near the end.

Oh, and I didn't get screenies of the game yet, only played four games thus far, been busy in real life :( and beta closes during weekdays

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.