Tool Leak Check v3

Zedzy

ℑΣÐℑΨ
Reaction score
I don't know much about computers so can some1 help me with this:
Help_Me.jpg

How do I get the most recent one or whatever?

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
the older version works fine for me,but the newer ones dosnt :(
i have the same problem as zedzy, and i downloaded that file and placed it in my system32 w.e, but it still dont work :banghead:

J

Julian5

There are a couple of issues.

First off, on the unit group leaks, why doesn't it show "Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true"?

While not as efficent as setting a unit group variable then destroying it, it's alot easier.

Also, it complains about not removing integers. o_O They don't leak, so it shouldn't say that, should it?

Edit: Also, when I DO remove a point leak by setting it to a variable with something added like a polar offset, it goes emo and says I need another variable to fix that leak. o_O

(Line: 6) (Word: 3) Location Leak
Set loc = ((Center of Mountains Enter <gen>) offset by 100.00 towards 90.00 degrees)
Set loc = ^Leak
(Suggested Fix) Set MyLocation = ((Center of Mountains Enter <gen>)
(Suggested Fix) Set loc = MyLocation offset by 100.00 towards 90.00 degrees)
(Suggested Fix) Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_MyLocation)

(Line: 6) (Word: 8) Location Leak
Set loc = ((Center of Mountains Enter <gen>) offset by 100.00 towards 90.00 degrees)
Set loc = ((Center of Mountains Enter <gen>) ^Leak
(Suggested Fix) Set MyLocation = offset by 100.00 towards 90.00 degrees)
(Suggested Fix) Set loc = ((Center of Mountains Enter <gen>) MyLocation degrees)
(Suggested Fix) Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_MyLocation)

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
First off, on the unit group leaks, why doesn't it show "Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true"?

While not as efficent as setting a unit group variable then destroying it, it's alot easier.
Because that is an horrible way of removing unit group leaks.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score

Not being as efficient may explain why it's not a very viable option for leak removal (from what I've heard, it doesn't even work sometimes :S) and you can't use the group later which is one more good point about using group variables

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Not being as efficient may explain why it's not a very viable option for leak removal (from what I've heard, it doesn't even work sometimes :S) and you can't use the group later which is one more good point about using group variables

It is because it destroys it on ForGroup call. I don't see how it is inefficient though, I mean, the trigger still processes the if, it just doesn't perform the action.

No it isn't horrible or nothing, it actually is accurate kind of because it does it at the instance (I think)...
JASS:
function ForGroupBJ takes group whichGroup, code callback returns nothing
    // If the user wants the group destroyed, remember that fact and clear
    // the flag, in case it is used again in the callback.
    local boolean wantDestroy = bj_wantDestroyGroup
    set bj_wantDestroyGroup = false

call ForGroup(whichGroup, callback)

// If the user wants the group destroyed, do so now.
    if (wantDestroy) then
        call DestroyGroup(whichGroup)
    endif
endfunction

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Hm, I downloaded both zips but nothing hapends when I run the files, neither one of them.. Do you need any other program also?

PooBucket

Reaction score
This looks like a great tool, but for some reason I can't open it? Am I doing something wrong? Whenever I double click it, nothing appears and only this faint sound (when you make an error) is heard when I click it :banghead:.

PooBucket

Reaction score
This looks like a great tool, but for some reason I can't open it? Am I doing something wrong? Whenever I double click it, nothing appears and only this faint sound (when you make an error) is heard when I click it :banghead:.

Nvm it works, after I downloaded that library file from Knight770 TY SO MUCH! <3

DeathWing

Reaction score
About source code...
Sure thing. Once I finish commenting it I'll post it. This version is made in Visual Basic 6 so I will upload the actual files as well as the code itself for those who don't have VB6.
... I heard that www.sourceforge.net gives FREE web hosting space for ppl that decide to make their source code "Open Source" :p for ya to know.

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
I found a problim, the leak checker says that when you chose all unit's in playable map area it creates a leak, however all units and playable map area dont leak. Just thought I would let you know.

WarToast

Reaction score
Try these:

How do you make that work with Vista 64bit? I don't really have a clue about these things, so all I can do is to follow a tutorial like the one on the site. I tried placing the file in my System32 folder and then doing as it says on the site.

Code:
The module "\windows\system32\COMCTL32.OCX" failed to load.
Make sure the binary is stored at the specific path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependant .DDL files.

The specified module could not be found.

Btw, I also have a folder called SysWOW64, should I do at that path?

Lanboy

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Thanks for this.

I actually remember quite a while ago you made a patch and said that it was the final version and you'd never update it again :p

Was sad news. Thanks for the patch. :D

T

thewreck

New Leak

Hi. There is a leak this does not detect. Its incredibly simple, and I have no fix for it. Its not likely to affect most maps i guess, but in my map it has turned out to be crucial.

TRIGGER:
Code:
ohNoes
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting an object
    Conditions
    Actions

this is the JASS equivalent:
Code:
function Trig_ohNoes_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
endfunction

//===========================================================================
function InitTrig_ohNoes takes nothing returns nothing
    set gg_trg_ohNoes = CreateTrigger(  )
    call TriggerRegisterAnyUnitEventBJ( gg_trg_ohNoes, EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_ISSUED_TARGET_ORDER )
    call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_ohNoes, function Trig_ohNoes_Actions )
endfunction

This trigger, without any actions of conditions what so ever leaks about 0.25-0.5 kb of memory each time it is fired. The best way to test it is by creating a trigger which orders a unit to do something a couple of thousand times by using a (for example):

Code:
For each (Integer A) from 1 to 3000, do (Actions)
    Loop - Actions
        Unit - Order Footman 0002 <gen> to Right-Click Footman 0000 <gen>

In my map, i use squads of units that are controlled by squad flags, thus when moving the flag, up to 20 units are ordered by triggers, thus when you have 10 flags selected, there is potentially 200 orders each time. Imagine 8 players doing this over the course of a game of an hour of say, 40 order actions per minute! Thats almost 1000 mb of memory! gah!

Without this leaking trigger, this test action does not leak a single KB.

Anyway, i have been reading through a number of leak tutorials, but so far have never read anything about this. Anyone knows what to do?

nemesispoi

Reaction score
im confused i paste the code into it and it finishes without checking anything even though i know theres leaks i just wnat to check and see if the program works which obvioulsy it doesnt work for me:banghead::banghead:

L

Liope

This tool is so neat.. it suggested way to fix all the leaks and i had and it was easy to understand, really like this :p +rep for you

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.