Leak Question!!

JuiceBox

Reaction score
I just finished making a map but I found out too late that it is filled to the brim with leaks (points AND groups). I have about 8 events, each one has at least 5 point leaks, and at least 4/5 of my triggers have group leaks. My question is, how many leaks does it take to make my map lag/crash/etc? Do I have to fix ALL of the leaks or are there any very specific ones? And also, is there a chance that my map will work really fine without me taking out the leaks or at least some of it?

Newbwc3

Sephiroth_VII
Reaction score
The more often a trigger is fired the more important it is to remove the leaks.

If you have leaks on triggers that run only once its not so important.

EDIT: TEST IT OUT. To see if it leaks to bad.

JuiceBox

Reaction score
The more often a trigger is fired the more important it is to remove the leaks.

If you have leaks on triggers that run only once its not so important.

Here's what my map has:
Every 21:00, about 15 different zombies are spawned at random places in the map. After 5 minutes, 7 new zombies are added in the group that spawns every 21:00. After another 5 minutes, another 7 new zombies are added again in the spawns at night. Every 5 minutes, 7 new zombies are added in thr spawns. This goes on for 30 minutes. I also have 8 patrol guards that patrol to a region in the map. I have a trigger that changes the time of day to 18:00 every 6:00. Would this work fine if I keep the leaks?

SanKakU

Reaction score
i've been working on the leaks and other problems with my code in my map for quite a while. i pretty much just procrastinate though when it comes to the end of game triggers, haha....

anyway, rather than using points and then fixing the point leaks, you should use reals which don't leak.

as for groups...lol i so rarely use them i'm not sure exactly what ways are best to deal with them.

Hot

Reaction score
"Every 21:00, about 15 different zombies are spawned at random places in the map."

are all the 15 zombies spawn at 1 single random place or 15 random places. If so u leak 15 points per 21 seconds
so then i think u should fix the leaks on spawn triggers

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
if you want the best map performance then remove them all. You never know how long a game could last. Long = lag and short = not noticable lag

Fallen-Kid

Reaction score
It shouldn't be too tiresome with what you've said. There's a leak checker somewhere you could try finding that.

JuiceBox

Reaction score
"Every 21:00, about 15 different zombies are spawned at random places in the map."

are all the 15 zombies spawn at 1 single random place or 15 random places. If so u leak 15 points per 21 seconds
so then i think u should fix the leaks on spawn triggers

Each zombie is spawned in a random place. But it won't be just 15 zombies spawning all the time. Every 5 minutes, 7 new units are added so after 5 minutes, the next 21:00 there will be 22 units spawning at random places, then 5 minutes after that 29 zombies will spawn and so on...

if you want the best map performance then remove them all. You never know how long a game could last. Long = lag and short = not noticable lag

The game ends in 45 minutes, by that time... at least 50 units will spawning at 21:00, EACH unit will be spawning at random places. Is this long enough?

It shouldn't be too tiresome with what you've said. There's a leak checker somewhere you could try finding that.

I already know where the leaks are but since I forgot to manage them early on in the map making, they are stacked and now I'm too lazy to replace EACH one...
So I'm wondering, are there any KEY leaks that I can fix that will help my map greatly instead of fixing ALL the leaks?

i've been working on the leaks and other problems with my code in my map for quite a while. i pretty much just procrastinate though when it comes to the end of game triggers, haha....

anyway, rather than using points and then fixing the point leaks, you should use reals which don't leak.

as for groups...lol i so rarely use them i'm not sure exactly what ways are best to deal with them.

It's too late for me to switch to Reals since my map is finished.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.