Crime Leamington man loses $150,000 in Nigerian scam

enouwee

Non ex transverso sed deorsum
Reaction score
A Leamington man has fallen prey to international scam artists who strung him along for more than a year with the promise of millions in cash, but ultimately bilked him and his family of $150,000.

John Rempel said he quit his truck driving job, lost friends, borrowed money and crossed the globe in pursuit of a non-existent inheritance, after he was contacted by e-mail in what is known as a Nigerian 419 scam.

Rempel said he borrowed $55,000 from an uncle in Mexico and his parents gave him $60,000 on credit to cover fees for transferring $12.8 million into his name.

Read on.

AnthraxXx

Reaction score
I've gotten emails like these, but knew it was a scam, some people should do some research before pursuing "promises of wealth".

Like the old saying goes, "If it's too good to be true, then it's probably a Nigerian Scam". -.-

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
What kind of idiot falls for these things?

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Is it that easy to scam people?

DogOfHavoc

Future Tragedy
Reaction score
You can send out 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 scam emails. You only need 1 idiot to respond.

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
i remember getting one of these emails and being like "OMG! i'm so fucking lucky!" but then again i was 12...

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
everyone knows of the nigerian scam. People who don't even know how to use a computer know about the nigerian scam. The RADIO even talks about the nigerian scam from time to time.

Even if you happen to be one of the select few people stupid enough to fall for it, by the time you have sent your first amount of money (they ask for money gradually, not $150k straight away) you would of mentioned what you are doing to someone you know who would then tell you its a nigerian SCAM. I bet everyone he knew told him how much of a scam it was yet he was too proud to admit his stupidity so he kept believing the lie would pay off.

Dumb and greedy people like this deserve to lose their money, it's a shame he dragged his family into it.... yet then again, it's also their fault for being to docile to know about the nigerian SCAMMMMMMMMMM

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.