Left 4 Dead

Vellu

Real eyes realize real lies.
Reaction score
Left 4 Dead (L4D) is a horror-survival game from VALVe, the maker of Half-Life and Counter-Strike.

In L4D you have to survive from huge hordes of terrifying mad zombie-like people. You will survive with three other survivors, who are NPCs or real players.
So the game is multiplayer, and you can - of course join the hordes of the Infected (mad people, no they aren't zombies. They are mad.).

And there is this Director, who spawns the zombies around you all the time. You can't control him, I think.

L4D comes to Steam in November, of this year.

Enough talking. Here's the link.

PS: I'm gonna get my hands on this as soon as it hits the stores!

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Pshhh, why wait till it hit stores? I'm gonna get it the second it's available for purchase on Steam! :p

I've been waiting for this game for a while now, I'm pretty sure it'll be awesome like everything else Valve makes.

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
I've been waiting for it too..imma get it for my xbox though..

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
This is gonna ROCK!!! It'll be great to play with friends.

Anyways, theres a few modes of play...

one where your a team and you survive waves of zombies, another is when Zombies are controlled by other human players and you have to fight them off...

needless to say, I WANT THIS GAME!

Vellu

Reaction score
Pshhh, why wait till it hit stores? I'm gonna get it the second it's available for purchase on Steam! :p

I've been waiting for this game for a while now, I'm pretty sure it'll be awesome like everything else Valve makes.

Well, yeah. I'm gonna pre-order this at Steam as soon as I can do it!
They say that who ever pero-orders it from Steam, gets L4D demo!

Reaction score
Where did they say they would get a demo? I've heard that nothing of the demo is being released anytime before the game is released.

Vellu

Reaction score
I remember I read about the demo at Steampowered forums.

But I'm not sure, I may be wrong though. :/

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Getting it first day.

My appetite for killing zombies is insatiable; heard these suckers are pretty fast too

Vellu

Reaction score
Yes they are fast.
Imagine - you and your friends are in a narrow hallway. Then around you the infected/zombies rumble through the walls at very high speed! Then you are soo fucked.:D

Vellu

Reaction score
Bumb.
It's here! You can now pre-order the L4D from Steam. It's 10% discount if you pre-order the game, and possibly access to the beta tests.

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
I'm getting it when it comes out!!

Hey, what are peoples steam accounts?

I'm using either Lord_Phoenix or Phoenix3568, I'm not too sure.

See everyone on the net!

Vellu

Reaction score
Vellol
Add me, if you want to play some L4D when it comes out.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
My first useful non-spammy post in this thread for a while

Well the demo is now out for those who pre-ordered the game from Steam, I'm now downloading the demo and will return later/tomorrow (depending on fun-ness) with a small review on the demo ;P.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
This game is AWESOME.

The graphics are so great and the game play is amazing. Non-stop action.

The only downside is that it seems kinda short and I could see versus mode getting boring after a while.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
This game is AWESOME.

The graphics are so great and the game play is amazing. Non-stop action.

That I agree with, but...

The only downside is that it seems kinda short and I could see versus mode getting boring after a while.

Versus mode isn't even available yet, you can't possibly know how good it's going to be ;o.

On the other hand, multiplayer campaign was incredibly difficult to get on to, I managed 2 games, 1 of which we were all disconnected from horrible lag, and another was working perfectly until somebody asked me to join their game (which wasn't working either).

Single player was definitely fun, but you only have access to a 2-part campaign at the moment. There is going to be 20 maps in total and much more weapons than you currently have access to.

Basically, the demo is very limited, but the elements of the game that you have access to are incredible fun, if you can get them working :).

Vellu

Reaction score
I just tested the demo and I gotta say: It was awesome, but too short.
I like the replay value and the big zombie rushes. Can't wait 'till 18th!:thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.