AoS Legacy of Heroes [Beta] - May version released

Discussion in 'Members' Projects' started by Furby, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Furby

Furby Current occupation: News poster

Ratings:
    +140 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for testing and nice feedback. :thup:

Thank you for testing :)
    Thanks for testing.

A big thanks for testing and your nice feedback! +rep ;)

2. black.sheep

black.sheep Active Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Okay, just played my first real game, and it was good, except for afew issues
    1:Tomes, and XP gained, Tomes just ruined it, and the XP gained was wayyy to little, also make it when a creep dies, all nearby heroes get gold, so we dont have to last hit :p
    2: That possess spell. Using it on other heroes is stupid overpowered, prehaps some things to stop this, like making it channeled?
    3: If a dude leaves, the multiboard is removed
    4: Towers. those are stupidly overpowered, most of the lvl 3-4's kill me in afew hits
    5: Night elf base thinges have an attack
    6: Make honnor upgrade towers, also should be able to upgrade units, or call in extra ones
    7: Wayy to easy to get armor, reduce the ammount the items give you

3. SuperSoldier

SuperSoldier New Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Black.sheep and I played a game together and we got a desync (pointed out by my GHost bot) black.sheep told he forgot to save the replay. The desync was near the beginning when I (teal or sLsIDK) killed a tower (or helped kill).

I really like the tree models. As mentioned directly above the banshee's possess is over powered. I felt that late game I couldn't really kill anyone because everyone was just tanked up and couldn't die because they could run away when they got to around 1k health, halfway... Also I'm not sure but I didn't really feel the bonuses from the boots of speed.

Is there an ending to the game? Because in the game I was in people were getting really buff and I'm guessing would have hit the limit for their strength.

I played as the paladin and really liked him. One thing I didn't like is how when casting that AoE for heal and damage he stops moving for like four seconds, but after around one you can make him move again...

I really liked the inventory but at first I didn't really understand how it was supposed to work, and the SS on the first page didn't really help (I didn't check second page at all)

Great game, great heroes. I hope this comes to be a game more popular than DotA, seeing as it's in beta and already really good.

I'll attach the replay

View attachment 34566

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nenad

Nenad ~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    I did some playing cause i was bored, so i got some more feedback:

-Mask of Death does nothing (at least not with orc grunt).
    -Orc Grunt's second ability doesn't seem right, making a deep wound on a unit would suggest the unit gains the deep wound effect for 10 seconds. Maybe you should change this as something closer to Firelords passive, because then the skill actually has some effect with his speed combination (and 2/4/6/8 dmg is nothing it seems xP).
    -His first ability has a casting time, maybe make it an instant to fit the spell description more?
    -After he looses his ultimate, he still has his move/attack speed for a few (2-3) seconds.
    -Perhaps add an animation for his Blood Thirst spell?

-Spell Strider's third spell has two different names (one learning, and one when learned)
    -Very weird boots of speed problems when buying many, dropping them causes move speed to fall permanently, to a point where it's less then normal (tested on spirit wolf). Furthermore if you drop all of the boots and activate his sprint ability (i bought three boots) it doesn't increase the movement speed (the sprint ability).
    -Soiled earth does not effect allied units.

Those are the things i don't think other people mentioned at least ^^

• Like Like x 1
  5. Furby

Ratings:
    +140 / 0 / -0
    THANKS FOR TESTING! I really appreciate that. :p

Terrain is being reworked now, by Viikuna. So it will take some time now before next update. But I might update map before terrain will change. I'll see.

Thanks again, take care. :)

6. avalya

avalya New Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Well the Soiled Earth, according to the Hero Ideas thread should also affect allied units, except for yourself.

7. NoobImbaPro

NoobImbaPro You can change this now in User CP.

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    The mammoth's first skill moves buildings.:(

• Like Like x 1
  8. Furby

Ratings:
    +140 / 0 / -0
    It will be fixed in next version. :)

Thanks for reminding.

RELEASED new version! 09.11.20! Check out the full changelog to see everything what've been changed/fixed/added.

9. Archideas

Archideas Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    This map is coming along nicely. Surely to be a master piece in time. :D

10. NoobImbaPro

NoobImbaPro You can change this now in User CP.

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    how about the recipe system?? from the item ideas thread?

11. Furby

Ratings:
    +140 / 0 / -0
    This one?

That's already implemented in map. ^_______________^

Go to secret shop. :thup:

12. avalya

avalya New Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I think he means the items that were in the item ideas thread, whether or not you will implement them.

13. Furby

Ratings:
    +140 / 0 / -0
    I will. Asap.. but now I have a lot other work on map to do. :)

14. avalya

avalya New Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I see, just got my own WE up and running due to the 1.24c patch (woot!) so I've started out on a new AOS, finally I have work to do myself!

Probably off-topic, but what do people around here like or dislike with AOS maps, for example DotA, what should you use and not use and what feels like an interesting twist to maps? For example, (my map is 2 lanes, 4on4) will have a gold mine in an island in the middle of the map that can be taken over, increasing other players' (allied ones only) gold per second by one.

15. Furby

Ratings:
    +140 / 0 / -0
    No offense, but informations about your map are really odd. :D If you aren't suggesting anything. xD

And if you want to ask questions like that just make new thread in World Editor section. :p

16. avalya

avalya New Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I thought of that but figured more people are looking here, I'll remove it if you want, but I thought that you could pick up some ideas that people like in AOS maps as well and I'd like to know if it was a good idea or not.

17. Furby

Ratings:
    +140 / 0 / -0
    It doesn't annoy me or anything.. no no.. it's just that if you post it in World Editor section, I think more people would see it and more people would help you. :p

18. black.sheep

black.sheep Active Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Whao, massive changelog
    Will play today.

Oh, and destroying barracks doesnt do anything, which is pretty lame.
    And seriously, nerf the inner towers, those arent going to die anytime with 10 k hp

19. Furby

Ratings:
    +140 / 0 / -0
    Explanating the inventory system

I made few pics showing how inventory system in Legacy of Heroes works.

There are 4 panda shops. :D Combatives, Protectives, Supports and Boosters.

[​IMG]

There's also secret shop with bag items, you can buy them for honor.

[​IMG]

Here's exaplanation how bags work.

[​IMG]

Hope that helps understanding the inventory system! Check out map to try it out. :thup:

20. BlackRose

BlackRose Forum User

Ratings:
    +239 / 0 / -0
    Mana Guy is too powerful. NERF.