AoS Legacy of Heroes [Beta] - May version released

Discussion in 'Members' Projects' started by Furby, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Archideas

Archideas Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    BlackRose, it would be helpful if you described in what way he's too powerful. Constructive critism is more useful than blunt statements with no real meaning behind it.

2. BlackRose

BlackRose Forum User

Ratings:
    +239 / 0 / -0
    Lol. Only Furby will know what I am talking about xD

Anyways, 100 MP per second in a 1v1. Geez. You drain everything at hand to hand, then you get permanent vision and MS from Weakening Vision, not to mention the +Damage from Mana Adrenaline.

3. Furby

Furby Current occupation: News poster

Ratings:
    +140 / 0 / -0
    Well, certain hero in a certain map drains 64 mana per hit.. so?

4. avalya

avalya New Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    And the same certain hero in certain map happens to one-shot other certain heroes without mana left, coupled up with a certain skill that reduces damage from spells by 40%.

But maybe reducing the value slightly will make it more balanced (haven't tried it out, but try tweaking the values slightly according to the testers' findings).

5. Furby

Ratings:
    +140 / 0 / -0
    I will don't worry. ;)

6. Viikuna

Viikuna No Marlo no game.

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Screenashots!

Im here to post some cool WIP screenies about new terrain, which is set to swamp tiles and features an old Horde base, which is now again being prepared for battle.

But oh noes! Alliance has started to build their base too!

edit. Also if someone has like something to say about terrain, what looks cool and what doesnt look cool, and why, please let me know.

Or sumthing like that.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Archideas

Archideas Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Looks good, Viikuna. Just a little suggestion, though. The area with the Panda shops look a little bland. Adding some debris or maybe a building behind them would spice it up. Otherwise really nice! +rep

8. Viikuna

Viikuna No Marlo no game.

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Yea, nice.

Aye, shop area needs work.

I was thinking of raising shop areas so that they are higher than area around them, but im not sure yet if thats what I will do. Gotta try some stuff and see what works.

Anyways, thanks for comments.

9. black.sheep

black.sheep Active Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Make the mana drain percentage based?

10. Zack1996

Zack1996 Working on a Map

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    Tested the map with my brother. He said it sucked (I owned him, natural reaction xD). These are the two reasons:
    a) Bugs. Discovered two bugs, both to my favour.
    Bug 1 - When you repair the tower, it doesn't go to the correct owner. An Orc tower became an alliance tower and an alliance tower became a neutral.
    Bug 2- Orc Grunt's Health Bonus skill doesn't level properly. It always grants the same amount of health at all levels. This is probably a bug with the item health bonus ability. What I would suggest would to use unit upgrades to do the hp increase.

Other than that, its pretty good.

Check the replay if you are interested. I typed random things to make him less pissed. xD

Attached Files:

• LoH.w3g
      File size:
      228.3 KB
      Views:
  11. Furby

Ratings:
    +140 / 0 / -0
    Oh..! Thank you for playing and for feedback. I fixed both issues.

I'll release new version as soon as I finish work on tooltips. :)

Take care. ;)

12. Nenad

Nenad ~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    Played a bit, noticed you can buy upgrades from the enemy base, maybe it shouldn't be allowed at all? And also, been playing against a friend, but the map got very dull because of the slow exp rate, any chance you can set the exp rate to a bit higher? Bosses are incredibly hard to kill but have low damage and no abilities, maybe lower their hitpoints but increase the damage and give them some (unique?) abilities?

One last thing - Towers seem to kill any hero in about 3-5 hits, any chance you can lower the damage on them, seeing as how heroes usually have between 250-400 hp at start.

13. Furby

Ratings:
    +140 / 0 / -0
    We'll be fixed. :)

Thanks for reply and playing. :)

14. avalya

avalya New Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Not sure what your towers use, but you should have Siege as attack type on the towers to lower damage against Heroes, while increasing versus creeps.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Furby

Ratings:
    +140 / 0 / -0
    I use "Spell" type attack, it's not used in wc3 anywhere even if it is, it shows like "Normal" type attack, so I changed name and icon and it does 0.75 damage to Heroes, same as "Siege" attacks. :)

16. Hero

Hero ─║╣ero─

Ratings:
    +251 / 0 / -0
    I will play this later on today and tell you what I think.

_______
    Over 3000 posts =]

• Like Like x 1
  17. Furby

Ratings:
    +140 / 0 / -0
    Thank you. :)

(You are tru blood fan! YAY! :):) +rep for that! I love that TV show!)

18. avalya

avalya New Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Alright, whatever suits you! ;)

19. Archideas

Archideas Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
  20. Zack1996

Zack1996 Working on a Map

Ratings: