AoS Legacy of Heroes [Beta] - May version released

avalya

Reaction score
Found out that your inventory system does not work for me, I'm using a mac, so that's probably why, just a fyi.

Edit;

You might also want to change the skeleton boss' name of Knight Davion.
When I killed the Troll boss and went back about 2 minutes later, there were 2 bosses spawned.
It doesn't say in the tooltip that healing nor mana potions' effects are removed upon taking damage.

Furby

Current occupation: News poster
Reaction score
Found out that your inventory system does not work for me, I'm using a mac, so that's probably why, just a fyi.
Absolutely nothing works? :confused:
You might also want to change the skeleton boss' name of Knight Davion.
You don't like it? :D
When I killed the Troll boss and went back about 2 minutes later, there were 2 bosses spawned.
Fixed.
It doesn't say in the tooltip that healing nor mana potions' effects are removed upon taking damage.
Doesn't it? Maybe mac bug? =/

2v1nhnp.jpg

avalya

Reaction score
Hmm, maybe I missed that part, but you might want it to read "Taking Damage Dispels the Effect" instead, it's more clear in my opinion. The inventory system, how do I put it? It crashes WC3. :p

About Knight Davion, I don't mind the name, but it's still DotA, and you told us in the Hero Ideas section, no DotA or HoN heroes, so I thought that might include hero names as well. ;)

Also gotta add that your knockbacks and jumps look pretty rough, the transitions aren't very smooth, are you planning to fix this for the "more final" versions? By that I mean the mammoth's charge and the frost giant's ice-leap-thingy.

Rllulium

Reaction score
It seems that every hero I tried has a few fun and unique abilities, while the rest are boring or generic.It also feel a bit too simple to play with only 2 active abilities on some heroes.
Some feedback on those that I tried:
Saithis: The Blink is very generic and feels malplaced. Consider replacing it with another ability with teleportation properties. Otherwise a nice hero, I like the synergy.
Mur'Gul Hero: The trap is nice, although a bit clunky in it's current state. The Ultimate is a bit boring, especially considering that the attack range increase is so minor.
Ancient Mammoth: The two passives are horribly generic and boring. The ultimate is however a very nice skill.
Spirit Wolf: Very nice hero, the best one I tried.

Furby

Reaction score
Hmm, maybe I missed that part, but you might want it to read "Taking Damage Dispels the Effect" instead, it's more clear in my opinion.
'kay. I'll fix.
The inventory system, how do I put it? It crashes WC3. :p

Also gotta add that your knockbacks and jumps look pretty rough, the transitions aren't very smooth, are you planning to fix this for the "more final" versions? By that I mean the mammoth's charge and the frost giant's ice-leap-thingy.
Eww.. you are the only one you seems to have such a problems. Is anyone having similar problems? :confused:
..while the rest are boring or generic.It also feel a bit too simple to play with only 2 active abilities on some heroes.
I agree with you at this point and I'll be glad too see any suggestion improving it.
Saithis: The Blink is very generic and feels malplaced. Consider replacing it with another ability with teleportation properties.
I'll try to think of something.. if you come up with anyhing just post here.
Mur'Gul Hero: The trap is nice, although a bit clunky in it's current state.
Not sure what you mean by this. :eek:
The Ultimate is a bit boring, especially considering that the attack range increase is so minor.
It is, you are right, I'll try to change it to something else.
Ancient Mammoth: The two passives are horribly generic and boring.
Same here..

Thanks for testing! I'll rep asap!

EDIT: Released 09.11.15 version, fixed most of the issues mentioned. Other will be fixed in next version.

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
I tested some more. Spotted a few things, most of them are comments, not bugs.

-The Banshees "Maidens Love" skills has an active button, despite being a passive ability.

-I think you should hide the spellbook containing true sight. It looks rather ugly.

-Orc Grunts stamina skill is rather simple. you should add another effect to it, next to health bonus.

-Spirit Wolfs feral instinct shows no numbers. It tells you what its effect is, but you have no idea exactly what it does and by what it increases upon levelling.

Furby

Reaction score
-The Banshees "Maidens Love" skills has an active button, despite being a passive ability.
Knew about that, didn't have time to add new icon for that. :) Thanks for mentioning. :p
-I think you should hide the spellbook containing true sight. It looks rather ugly.
d'Awwwww.. This spellbook is supposed to contain all abilites from ites, such as Lifesteal, Bash, Critical strike.. so you know if it stacks or it does not and how many items of that type you can have. (This is not implemented there yet, items with some ability won't stack, you can have at maximum 1 so far)
-Orc Grunts stamina skill is rather simple. you should add another effect to it, next to health bonus.
I will.
-Spirit Wolfs feral instinct shows no numbers. It tells you what its effect is, but you have no idea exactly what it does and by what it increases upon levelling.
Knew about that, spell needs some number changing so I didn't want to add numbers to tooltips, thanks for mentioning anyway. :p

Thank you for testing. :) :thup:

joohen

Reaction score
Frostbringer attack sound doesn't fit him. Uh, should i comment about this type of things because its too minor?:banghead:

avalya

Reaction score
Got some more testing to report;

First,

The spear trap can hit multiple targets, fix it using a completely triggered impale (will also make Knight Davion NOT fly 1000 feet up into the air).

And,

I hate divine shield, replace it with something else, for example an armor boosting ability or so.

Also I don't like that you're not hiding the spell book with true sight, also since it is only 175 range, ranged will not have as much use for it, I suggest increasing it to 200 for melee and 250 for ranged.

Reduce health and damage of the bosses, right now they kill everything, even if you're a tank, and they got way too much health.

Frostbringer's attack animation is too fast (his attack hits the target before the swing lands), check out the Mountain Giant's animation points and set them accordingly (do this with all heroes you do so the animations are perfect).

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Will test the new version. Just something to note:
Is the Critical Strike from the item suppose to show? I remember it screwing up the button positions of the Wolf guy.

Anyway, if it was fixed, that's good. (Still dling new version xD)

Well, another story for the wolf. I assume it was the Spirit of an Alpha wolf or something.
Once a proud Alpha Wolf of great pride of wolves, Doom'rog was slain on a hunt. However, its spirit refused to die and continued to hunt. Its roar struck fear and throws back foes, while he dashes towards his prey and quickly slays his weakened foe and feast upon flesh to heal itself.
Haven't written these stories for a while. But I'm glad I could help :)

PS: I like the little props you use around the map, like the trapped villagers and the dead bodies of orcs.

Furby

Reaction score
Frostbringer attack sound doesn't fit him. Uh, should i comment about this type of things because its too minor?:banghead:
Fixed. I'm glad you post also minor issues, I want to fix everything players don't like. :)
The spear trap can hit multiple targets, fix it using a completely triggered impale (will also make Knight Davion NOT fly 1000 feet up into the air).
Spell is changed, now it doesnt impale. You will see in next version.
I hate divine shield, replace it with something else, for example an armor boosting ability or so.
Fixed.
Also I don't like that you're not hiding the spell book with true sight, also since it is only 175 range, ranged will not have as much use for it, I suggest increasing it to 200 for melee and 250 for ranged.
Eww.. read tooltip of spellbook and read my previous post where I mentioned why I didn't remove spellbook.
Reduce health and damage of the bosses, right now they kill everything, even if you're a tank, and they got way too much health.
Done.
Frostbringer's attack animation is too fast (his attack hits the target before the swing lands), check out the Mountain Giant's animation points and set them accordingly.
Fixed.
Is the Critical Strike from the item suppose to show? I remember it screwing up the button positions of the Wolf guy.
That is fixed in this version already, passive abilities from items such as this are in spellbook.
PS: I like the little props you use around the map, like the trapped villagers and the dead bodies of orcs.
All credits goes to Archideas. :)

Thanks for testing guyz! And I implemented that hero description and credited you Zack. :thup: If you can do more hero descriptions I'd be grateful.

joohen

Reaction score
Found a minor bug again. It display "Not enough lumber" while i does not have the required Honor.

Rllulium

Reaction score
I agree with you at this point and I'll be glad too see any suggestion improving it.
You might for example grab a passive and just make it active with the same effect. Or let the player activate a passive to gain more benefit from it for a short time.
Furby said:
I'll try to think of something.. if you come up with anyhing just post here.
Could be anything... having it deal damage, slow, stun, require a target, only be availible under a certain condition.
Furby said:
Not sure what you mean by this. :eek:
I was poking at a problem that you fixed in the latest release.
Furby said:
It is, you are right, I'll try to change it to something else.
If I might suggest it, make it toggleable, with a drawback/cost.

joohen

Reaction score
Again another minor bug, the "Shoulders of Moon" you mistype it as "Shoulders of Moonr". Your map made me fall in love with AoS!:thup:
Edit: After winning, creeps are still spawning.

Furby

Reaction score
Again another minor bug, the "Shoulders of Moon" you mistype it as "Shoulders of Moonr". Your map made me fall in love with AoS!:thup:
Edit: After winning, creeps are still spawning.

Yay! Thank you! Both issues fixed. :p I'd give you rep if I could. :D

black.sheep

Reaction score
Could you add testing commands like dota has, such as for single player -lvl, -noherolimit, -refresh, etc?

Oh, and as for the death system, you know what would be cool? Is if the wisp had some sort of negative aura on nearby foes, meaning you could still support your allies, but payed for it by taking longer to revive
Uhh, more comments. The sasquatch's wind blessing ability would look better with the tornado slow aura buff, rather than an acturally tornado
The spirt wolf's main attribute is strength, but it has more agi
Change the towers as well as the barracks/town hall when the races change?
The banshees depression ability does not have a DISBTN
You can possess bosses
You can mass spear traps
Upgrading towers should also upgrade troops

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Sorry if I missed something but why are their aroud 20 tomes of greater experience at my opponents and my spawn areas? It takes most of the challenge away from the game because you can instantly level up to level 18 and get half the abilities to max level?

Also, I'm happy you've finally released this. I've been waiting a while for it. Nice heroes, good gameplay and innovative item system. I had one other problem though, the creeps spawned before I had picked my hero, could you increase the time before they spawn please?

Looking forward to further updates

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Tested it a bit, overall seems like a very good map for a first beta ^^

I do have some feedback as well:

1. The inventory system rocks, however it seems a bit strange to be putting a crown of kings into a necklace xD, although i can understand the lack of icons makes it difficult to make something better.

2. The creep waves seem a bit...dull so to speak. I would expect a bigger battle, maybe add 1 or 2 more creeps to the spawns, or even mix up elves/humans and undead/orc spawns. The system of switching is really neat and adds a variety to the endless spawns, but it seems like 3 creeps just doesn't make a difference, especially if you have 2-3 heroes fighting each other on the same ''side''. Also some abilities are affected by the number of deaths around a hero, so keep that in mind if you're gonna change something ^^

3. I know this is a beta but tooltips are useful as i have to guess what an ability has to do to test it ^^ . Adding some silly tooltips like ''does 40 dmg and slows down by 5%'' could really help in testing the map. Also if you need any text for items/abilities/heroes/anything PM me, i'll be happy to help x)

Well that's all for now, i didn't really get to test a lot of hero abilities, but they all seem pretty neat.

One more thing, paladin's ultimate seems like a really neat spell, but maybe you can stop it at a certain paladin hp %? About 20% seems right, as it can easily lead to the paladins quick death.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.