AoS Legacy of Heroes [Beta] - May version released

Furby

Current occupation: News poster
Reaction score
Could you add testing commands like dota has, such as for single player -lvl, -noherolimit, -refresh, etc?
[Will be added in next version.]
Oh, and as for the death system, you know what would be cool? Is if the wisp had some sort of negative aura on nearby foes, meaning you could still support your allies, but payed for it by taking longer to revive
[Sounds like good idea.]
Uhh, more comments. The sasquatch's wind blessing ability would look better with the tornado slow aura buff, rather than an acturally tornado
[That slow aura buff almost cannot be seen, I'll try to edit torando model so it does not looks that weird.]
The spirt wolf's main attribute is strength, but it has more agi
[I know, I made it on purpose.]
Change the towers as well as the barracks/town hall when the races change?
[They wouldn't attack then.. :rolleyes:]
The banshees depression ability does not have a DISBTN
[Already fixed but avaible only in next version.]
You can possess bosses
[Will fix.]
You can mass spear traps
[Is that bad? I'll try to limit maximum number of traps.]
Upgrading towers should also upgrade troops
[I'll make some shop for upgrading troops.]
Thank you for testing and nice feedback. :thup:

Sorry if I missed something but why are their aroud 20 tomes of greater experience at my opponents and my spawn areas? It takes most of the challenge away from the game because you can instantly level up to level 18 and get half the abilities to max level?
[B-E-T-A as avalya said.]

Also, I'm happy you've finally released this. I've been waiting a while for it. Nice heroes, good gameplay and innovative item system. I had one other problem though, the creeps spawned before I had picked my hero, could you increase the time before they spawn please?
[I will. :)]

Looking forward to further updates
Thank you for testing :)
Tested it a bit, overall seems like a very good map for a first beta ^^

I do have some feedback as well:

1. The inventory system rocks, however it seems a bit strange to be putting a crown of kings into a necklace xD, although i can understand the lack of icons makes it difficult to make something better.
[I am still thinking about this system and improving it, it's not still in final stage.]
2. The creep waves seem a bit...dull so to speak. I would expect a bigger battle, maybe add 1 or 2 more creeps to the spawns, or even mix up elves/humans and undead/orc spawns. The system of switching is really neat and adds a variety to the endless spawns, but it seems like 3 creeps just doesn't make a difference, especially if you have 2-3 heroes fighting each other on the same ''side''. Also some abilities are affected by the number of deaths around a hero, so keep that in mind if you're gonna change something ^^
[I didn't have time to work on this yet, but I'll work on creeps spawns asap.]
3. I know this is a beta but tooltips are useful as i have to guess what an ability has to do to test it ^^ . Adding some silly tooltips like ''does 40 dmg and slows down by 5%'' could really help in testing the map. Also if you need any text for items/abilities/heroes/anything PM me, i'll be happy to help x)
[I'll try to fix until next version.]
Well that's all for now, i didn't really get to test a lot of hero abilities, but they all seem pretty neat.

One more thing, paladin's ultimate seems like a really neat spell, but maybe you can stop it at a certain paladin hp %? About 20% seems right, as it can easily lead to the paladins quick death.
[Yeah, I know about this.. there's also bug that you can target it on enemy. I'll fix asap.]

Thanks for testing.

A big thanks for testing and your nice feedback! +rep ;)

black.sheep

Reaction score
Okay, just played my first real game, and it was good, except for afew issues
1:Tomes, and XP gained, Tomes just ruined it, and the XP gained was wayyy to little, also make it when a creep dies, all nearby heroes get gold, so we dont have to last hit :p
2: That possess spell. Using it on other heroes is stupid overpowered, prehaps some things to stop this, like making it channeled?
3: If a dude leaves, the multiboard is removed
4: Towers. those are stupidly overpowered, most of the lvl 3-4's kill me in afew hits
5: Night elf base thinges have an attack
6: Make honnor upgrade towers, also should be able to upgrade units, or call in extra ones
7: Wayy to easy to get armor, reduce the ammount the items give you

SuperSoldier

Reaction score
Black.sheep and I played a game together and we got a desync (pointed out by my GHost bot) black.sheep told he forgot to save the replay. The desync was near the beginning when I (teal or sLsIDK) killed a tower (or helped kill).

I really like the tree models. As mentioned directly above the banshee's possess is over powered. I felt that late game I couldn't really kill anyone because everyone was just tanked up and couldn't die because they could run away when they got to around 1k health, halfway... Also I'm not sure but I didn't really feel the bonuses from the boots of speed.

Is there an ending to the game? Because in the game I was in people were getting really buff and I'm guessing would have hit the limit for their strength.

I played as the paladin and really liked him. One thing I didn't like is how when casting that AoE for heal and damage he stops moving for like four seconds, but after around one you can make him move again...

I really liked the inventory but at first I didn't really understand how it was supposed to work, and the SS on the first page didn't really help (I didn't check second page at all)

Great game, great heroes. I hope this comes to be a game more popular than DotA, seeing as it's in beta and already really good.

I'll attach the replay

View attachment 34566

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
I did some playing cause i was bored, so i got some more feedback:

-Mask of Death does nothing (at least not with orc grunt).
-Orc Grunt's second ability doesn't seem right, making a deep wound on a unit would suggest the unit gains the deep wound effect for 10 seconds. Maybe you should change this as something closer to Firelords passive, because then the skill actually has some effect with his speed combination (and 2/4/6/8 dmg is nothing it seems xP).
-His first ability has a casting time, maybe make it an instant to fit the spell description more?
-After he looses his ultimate, he still has his move/attack speed for a few (2-3) seconds.
-Perhaps add an animation for his Blood Thirst spell?

-Spell Strider's third spell has two different names (one learning, and one when learned)
-Very weird boots of speed problems when buying many, dropping them causes move speed to fall permanently, to a point where it's less then normal (tested on spirit wolf). Furthermore if you drop all of the boots and activate his sprint ability (i bought three boots) it doesn't increase the movement speed (the sprint ability).
-Soiled earth does not effect allied units.

Those are the things i don't think other people mentioned at least ^^

Furby

Reaction score
Okay, just played my first real game, and it was good, except for afew issues
1:Tomes, and XP gained, Tomes just ruined it, and the XP gained was wayyy to little,
[Removed in next version]
also make it when a creep dies, all nearby heroes get gold, so we dont have to last hit :p
[I was thinking of making it like you gain gold for hitting creep]
2: That possess spell. Using it on other heroes is stupid overpowered, prehaps some things to stop this, like making it channeled?
[Hm.. like when unit you possess is stunned than you will get out? or so?]
3: If a dude leaves, the multiboard is removed
[Uh..huh.. that's odd.. I'll check]
4: Towers. those are stupidly overpowered, most of the lvl 3-4's kill me in afew hits
[I'll decrease their damage]
5: Night elf base thinges have an attack
[Hm.. that's strange.. attacks are disabled.. I'll check]
6: Make honnor upgrade towers, also should be able to upgrade units, or call in extra ones
[Yep, I will.]
7: Wayy to easy to get armor, reduce the ammount the items give you
[Yea, I know about this I'll do something]

Black.sheep and I played a game together and we got a desync (pointed out by my GHost bot) black.sheep told he forgot to save the replay. The desync was near the beginning when I (teal or sLsIDK) killed a tower (or helped kill).
[=//.. I think I know why.. I'll try to fix it]
I really like the tree models. As mentioned directly above the banshee's possess is over powered. I felt that late game I couldn't really kill anyone because everyone was just tanked up and couldn't die because they could run away when they got to around 1k health, halfway...
Also I'm not sure but I didn't really feel the bonuses from the boots of speed.
[Yep, it gives you that speed in stupid way, I'll fix.]

Is there an ending to the game? Because in the game I was in people were getting really buff and I'm guessing would have hit the limit for their strength.

I played as the paladin and really liked him. One thing I didn't like is how when casting that AoE for heal and damage he stops moving for like four seconds, but after around one you can make him move again...
[Weird.. I'll check.]

I really liked the inventory but at first I didn't really understand how it was supposed to work, and the SS on the first page didn't really help (I didn't check second page at all)
[Should I make a manual on map loading or something?]

Great game, great heroes. I hope this comes to be a game more popular than DotA, seeing as it's in beta and already really good.
[Haha.. it has far from that. :p]

I'll attach the replay

View attachment 34566

I did some playing cause i was bored, so i got some more feedback:

-Mask of Death does nothing (at least not with orc grunt).
[Uh-huh.]
-Orc Grunt's second ability doesn't seem right, making a deep wound on a unit would suggest the unit gains the deep wound effect for 10 seconds. Maybe you should change this as something closer to Firelords passive, because then the skill actually has some effect with his speed combination (and 2/4/6/8 dmg is nothing it seems xP).
[Okay.. :p]
-His first ability has a casting time, maybe make it an instant to fit the spell description more?
[Okay.. I'll change dummy ability to berserk]
-After he looses his ultimate, he still has his move/attack speed for a few (2-3) seconds.
[Yep, his speeds are changed by aura in ultimate for that's why.]
-Perhaps add an animation for his Blood Thirst spell?
[Isn't there any? o_O']

-Spell Strider's third spell has two different names (one learning, and one when learned)
[Fixed in next version]
-Very weird boots of speed problems when buying many, dropping them causes move speed to fall permanently, to a point where it's less then normal (tested on spirit wolf). Furthermore if you drop all of the boots and activate his sprint ability (i bought three boots) it doesn't increase the movement speed (the sprint ability).
[As I meant before I'll fix.]
-Soiled earth does not effect allied units.
[Should it? Oo]

Those are the things i don't think other people mentioned at least ^^

THANKS FOR TESTING! I really appreciate that. :p

Terrain is being reworked now, by Viikuna. So it will take some time now before next update. But I might update map before terrain will change. I'll see.

Thanks again, take care. :)

avalya

Reaction score
Well the Soiled Earth, according to the Hero Ideas thread should also affect allied units, except for yourself.

Furby

Reaction score
The mammoth's first skill moves buildings.:(

It will be fixed in next version. :)

Thanks for reminding.

RELEASED new version! 09.11.20! Check out the full changelog to see everything what've been changed/fixed/added.

avalya

Reaction score
I think he means the items that were in the item ideas thread, whether or not you will implement them.

Furby

Reaction score
I will. Asap.. but now I have a lot other work on map to do. :)

avalya

Reaction score
I see, just got my own WE up and running due to the 1.24c patch (woot!) so I've started out on a new AOS, finally I have work to do myself!

Probably off-topic, but what do people around here like or dislike with AOS maps, for example DotA, what should you use and not use and what feels like an interesting twist to maps? For example, (my map is 2 lanes, 4on4) will have a gold mine in an island in the middle of the map that can be taken over, increasing other players' (allied ones only) gold per second by one.

Furby

Reaction score
No offense, but informations about your map are really odd. :D If you aren't suggesting anything. xD

And if you want to ask questions like that just make new thread in World Editor section. :p

avalya

Reaction score
I thought of that but figured more people are looking here, I'll remove it if you want, but I thought that you could pick up some ideas that people like in AOS maps as well and I'd like to know if it was a good idea or not.

Furby

Reaction score
It doesn't annoy me or anything.. no no.. it's just that if you post it in World Editor section, I think more people would see it and more people would help you. :p

black.sheep

Reaction score
Whao, massive changelog
Will play today.

Oh, and destroying barracks doesnt do anything, which is pretty lame.
And seriously, nerf the inner towers, those arent going to die anytime with 10 k hp

Furby

Reaction score
Explanating the inventory system

I made few pics showing how inventory system in Legacy of Heroes works.

There are 4 panda shops. :D Combatives, Protectives, Supports and Boosters.

2nja4nq.jpg

There's also secret shop with bag items, you can buy them for honor.

29eitth.jpg

Here's exaplanation how bags work.

2ew13yu.jpg

Hope that helps understanding the inventory system! Check out map to try it out. :thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.