AoS Legacy of Heroes [Beta] - May version released

Furby

Current occupation: News poster
Reaction score
New version released

I wanna thank Archideas for that list of heroes, added to first post!

version 09.11.29 released

Check first post for changelog and download link :thup:
Some spell might not work as designed, that will be fixed as soon as I make new system which saved OE data to structs. :)

Anyways, we will update the map soon with new terrain! Take care! ;)

Furby

Reaction score
Well, I actually cannot change my title. :(

I have to wait until some admin will come, because phyrex1an doesn't want to do it, even if it takes about 3 seconds.

Rllulium

Reaction score
I decided to try this map out again, to see how it is coming along. I have to say that it is certainly beginning to lose that clunky beta feel.

But I still hold the argument that that some of the abilities on most heroes are way too simple or generic. Like the Grunt's Stamina. A flat increase to bonus health is not very fun nor creative. I would really advice you to review the skillsets of the heroes with this in mind, it would be an improvment to your map.
If this is something that you decide to do, I'd be happy to provide further feedback to help you out.

Also, the +15 damage item grants 15 armor.

joohen

Reaction score
Depression and the Wife's Agony have the same activation key???
And alot of your items are bugged. Like the Thourium Armour, Maul of Justice, Ring of Protection, Iron Shield, Shoulders of Moon .....many more coming soon. All the Armour thingy doesn't give any bonus. :\

Furby

Reaction score
Depression and the Wife's Agony have the same activation key???

That post looks like you found epic bug which crashes whole game.. :rolleyes:

Thanks for mentioning, it'll be fixed on next version.

joohen

Reaction score
All combative item which adds damage gives bouns to defence point, remember to see my previous post lol

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
I just realised that Blink doesn't really work well with Spell Strider's other skills.

Since it already has a chasing skill, it doesn't really work well if it had another skill that is used for chasing. Instead, I would suggest something like this:

Spell Walk
Saithis creates a mana tunnel between itself and the target and swiftly passes through it and into the enemy's mana pool itself, tearing mana from them. Instantly takes away x mana and slows the movement rate of the enemy.

How this synergises:
Spell Walk + Prisimatic Cloak = Weakening Vision quickly + High damage from Mana Adrenaline
Why this synergises:
Because it does what this hero is supposed to : chase + drain mana xD

Anyway, nice to see that Prismatic Cloak is better now, seeing that less mana is taken. Will see how it balances some other time.

Next, a story for Spell Strider.
Obsession with mana changed Saithis into a crazed monster, forever hungering for more mana and to slay those who lack it. To fulfil its thirst, it eats away at the mana of his foes while seeking those who lacked the magical substance. Saithis spills as much blood as the mana lost by his foe.

BTW, please remove [Thanks to Zack1996] from the hero stories. It look kinda weird xD

Furby

Reaction score
Released 09.11.29a!

Thank you for quick replies!

Those item bugs will be fixed soon, they are caused cause of wrong calling of function, since now I am using new version of BonusMod system.

Zack, I added that story to Spell Strider, thanks. Also removed that "Thanks to Zack" from tooltips.

I'll try to change that spell, you are right that he already has chasing spell and it would not be the best synergy.

RELEASED version 09.11.29a! Fixed all mentioned bugs!

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
I play this for a short time but find somethings...

- the icon of Saithis in multiboard is wrong :confused:
- you may change the human work icon to night elf work icon when you die, cause you use wisp :D
- the creeps is more stronger then hero :( or i'm n4b :rolleyes:

Furby

Reaction score
- the icon of Saithis in multiboard is wrong :confused:
[Will be fixed in next version]
- you may change the human work icon to night elf work icon when you die, cause you use wisp :D
[Will be fixed in next version]
- the creeps is more stronger then hero :( or i'm n4b :rolleyes:
[I'll try to do something with this :)]

Thanks for you reply ;)

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
The creeps more stronger is just the life, just a example...

my life: 280
warrior creep life: 500 (something like this)
mage creep life: 300 (something like this)

>_<

the damage, armor and stats is ok :D

avalya

Reaction score
Do heroes have 100 or 150 base health? That is very good to use as a standard so the heroes start out with 400 to 450 health, depending on their strength so they don't die in a couple of hits while low leveled.

Furby

Reaction score
It will be increased in next version. :)

Thanks for mentioning. ;)

joohen

Reaction score
Yay new version, been refreshing for 50 times :/ exaggerating. But i at least refreshed for 10 times. :D Sorry needa spread rep.:p

Edit : Why is the hero's attack point range so...far ? Something like..... Raadan Damage :18-40. Purposely or?
Edit2: i was bored and was messing with photoshop, and i came out of this fan art. ugly.http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u260/joohen/GRUNTbyjoohen.jpg and i forgot to add the legacy of hero title. T-T

Furby

Reaction score
New version released [09.12.02]

I've released new version with few fixed, the very next version will be featuring new system I'm working on or new terrain Viikuna is working on. Take care and check full changelog on first page. :thup:

I still didn't changed things like Spell Strider's Blink ability, because I want to get map to much more stable stage and have terrain and system finished, then I start with changes and new heroes/items/gameplay stuffs.

Thanks for testing my map! :)

CixxyZ

Reaction score
Furby I played your map, it plays well and presents decently but I have a question for you.
Beside hero , item, terrain changes, how does the gameplay differ from dota?
It's really hard to compete against DotA, just wondering why you are trying so?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.