AoS Legacy of Heroes [Beta] - May version released

Archideas

Reaction score
Check the credits to see what programs Furby used to create this trailer. I'll be uploading new portraits of each hero in a second as well.

*EDIT*

Here they are! Like they're hard to miss. ;D

VeldarPaladin.png

SaithisSpellstrider.png
ScarfinMurgulHunter.png

KirgaakSasquatchShaman.png
ZillaFrostbringer.png

GarbandOrcGrunt2.png

DoomrogSpiritWolf2.png
RaadanDragonspawn2.png

ScarFallenKing2.png

CyndiaBanshee2.png

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Post some ingame screenies. ( Those are the best obviously )

Or maybe some terrain pics. I wanna know how it turned out. Kinda liked those swamp tile recolors I made. ( Although they are uncompressed, because I couldnt get BLP Lab working. )

edit. Heroes dont look too cool, I have to say. Something is lacking.

edit2. Fuck, I miss back to wc3 modding. There is so much to be done. ( I had just learned how to animate with MdlVis, and I was supposed to learn more about model editing to be able to make own cool character models.. ) And its still 4 months of millitary service before I got enough time for any cool stuff..

Furby

Current occupation: News poster
Reaction score
edit. Heroes dont look too cool, I have to say. Something is lacking.

Well, I know what is lacking, custom models.. but that takes file size.. :( but limit is now 8MB so maybe we should think about that.. maybe at least custom skins.. hmm

Archideas

Reaction score
Well, ingame they of course got hero glows attached to them. Just not seen here since I took the screenshots directly from the World Editor.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Aye.

Cool Heroes are characters. You dont just try to think cool spells for some cool looking model. You try to make some cool idea real.

For example: A Big African Gorilla War God called Adebisi, who can stretch his arms and change his size with black juju -magic.

First you think what he should look like. ( Make a model, or reskin & edit some model which is close enough. Paint some cool looking icon too. )

Then you think what he would probably do in battle. ( Think cool spells and code them. Animate proper animations for Hero to match spells, paint icons, make effects... )

Something what erwtenpeller always says: Animations must match abilities. Check Tides of Blood spells such as Buthead, Browbeat, Flying Dutchman and you know what he means.

Its no easy and takes skill, no doubt. But its worth of it.

Try to create characters.
Even if you can make models yourself, you can do much with little edits and new skins and maybe one custom animation or two. ( Animating with MdlVis is damn easy, I kid you not )

Dont remember to paint your own icons, so they match perfectly for your spells and Hero. Its kinda important to get a good look.

Archideas

Reaction score
well i got another question.. :p.. did you get those icon images from the web or did you extract them manually?

Both, actually. I took the ones that are already in the game from a website and extactred the ones that are custom from the map and made them PNG.

Carnerox

The one and only.
Reaction score
@Furby: Are you still needing more hero ideas? Cause I got ideas i want to share. Dx

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.