Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
I thought the tooltip said it lasted 15 seconds :p

Must have read it wrong.

Nice to see the bugs fixed so quick :D

joohen

Reaction score
Sometime when i chose a hero, the repick icon dosen't show up. (the tarvern thingy)

Furby

Current occupation: News poster
Reaction score
I thought the tooltip said it lasted 15 seconds :p

Must have read it wrong.
You haven't read it wrong, there was duration. It will be fixed in next version.

Nice to see the bugs fixed so quick :D

That's my job. ;)

Sometime when i chose a hero, the repick icon dosen't show up. (the tarvern thingy)

It only appears in first 15 seconds. If you pick hero after that time, it won't show up. :p

Furby

Reaction score
Today's update:

Check the full change log in the first post. :)

Update for Wednesday!

Earlenlajnen

Reaction score
Ok. I played this map and here are my thoughts:

Great Ideas!

I love the terrain.
The Item system is intuitive and unique.
Good heroes.
Nice with some bosses.

Although:
-The Exp gain is quite low which makes the game feel slow...
-The Bag limit is really low to. I can never fit 2 good supportive or protective items in a good bag!
-In my opinion it looks a bit weird when the Barracks morph into a War of Ancients all the time...
-It get's really hard to kill bosses when they have spell immunity.
-It feels kinda wrong with Scar in the game... your own heroes fit much better.
-Not that many creep camps.

I also happened to find some bugs:
-Scarfin's Traps doesn't cause damage occasionally.
-Scarfin's Attacks disappears when moving through terrain.
-Scarfin's Missiles doesn't show when his attack speed is high.
-Gar'band's life steal doesn't work sometimes.
-Gar'band's ultimate makes any ranged unit (towers included) unable to attack him.

Please don't abandon this project. It got great potential if you tweak it a little. I'm rooting for you.

EDIT: + rep!

Furby

Reaction score
Thank you! :)
I almost thought no one is even little interested.

-The Exp gain is quite low which makes the game feel slow...
I'll increase it.
-The Bag limit is really low to. I can never fit 2 good supportive or protective items in a good bag!
Well, I guess that's why there's a bag limit, but don't worry I plan to add much more items to choose and some different ways to get items.
-In my opinion it looks a bit weird when the Barracks morph into a War of Ancients all the time...
Me thinks so too. :D
I think I'll do every lane different race. :p
-It get's really hard to kill bosses when they have spell immunity.
Eh.. I'll enable some of the spells to be usable on bosses. :)
Yeah.. I supposed you are right.. but my friend will be sad..
-Not that many creep camps.
Yeah.. it's not final.. I'll do some terrain edits and add some more creep camps.

I will also try to fix mentioned bugs. :)

Thank you again for your time. :)

Carnerox

The one and only.
Reaction score
I think i ran into a rare bug, I was attack a creep with Shaira using her auto cast ability and every time she attacked it dealt damage then healed the creep to the same amount of damage, but then it never happen in the game again. Feel bad that i didn't take ss/replay..

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I'll increase it.

It's not about simply increasing experience gain, but rather to balance the ratio between experience gain and the strength of the creeps and somesuch

Well, I guess that's why there's a bag limit, but don't worry I plan to add much more items to choose and some different ways to get items.

I think the fact that you're limiting people from having too many slots encourages teamwork between players. The only thing I would like you to encourage is to make more items friendly with others instead of just a boost to the wielder's stats.

Eh.. I'll enable some of the spells to be usable on bosses. :)

The best thing you can do is to give some bosses damage reduction. But I think balancing a boss with another is the main priority. Example is that if ever we have two uber bosses, one is good against spellcasters because he has spell immunity, but bad against meat shields because he doesn't deal that much of damage.

Yeah.. I supposed you are right.. but my friend will be sad..

Well if it's something that can gain "user experience", then I think it's better off Scar being in there than not.

What makes games successful are not the complexity of codes, but rather how it promotes game experience. But then again, how can one promote user experience if he has sucky coding? Anyway, it's your call :3

Yeah.. it's not final.. I'll do some terrain edits and add some more creep camps.

I have no idea. I lost my WC3 copy :3

Good luck in your map. The main post shows a lot of potential in it. I just wish you'll be successful with this.

Archideas

Reaction score

Perhaps you're right, but I'd say he should stay unless we get some complaints about people wanting to be rid of him. Sure, he's based on a more specific character but he's not THAT different from any other hero otherwise.

Earlenlajnen

Reaction score
Perhaps you're right, but I'd say he should stay unless we get some complaints about people wanting to be rid of him. Sure, he's based on a more specific character but he's not THAT different from any other hero otherwise.

I agree with you.
But to me the Scar model looks a little missplaced together with the other Warcraft models. His pelt is really flat and there is no texture in it. The hero concept should not be removed since it is really interesting, but I rather advice Furby to change the model.

But this is just me talking. If the majority of the players likes the model then of course you should leave it as it is.

I also agree with denmax about the idea of items that encourage players to use teamwork. Maybe that is a better way than increasing the bag limits. But I still think there is a shortage of bags...

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Best way to encourage to teamwork is to make it the best option.

For example: Make heroes so durable that its quite hard to kill them alone, so you need some teamwork to take them down.

Example: Either sashi or leto cant really kill an enemy player alone, if enemy is not being stupid, has health potions with him and stuff like that.

Letos Golden Path is too easy to dodge. Stun caused by Sashis Wind is cool, but doesnt kill them.
Then again, together with Letos Prana Bindu, these spells are a killer combination, which is why Sashi Leto combo is so cool.

0.44 has some wicked stuff. Leto and Sashi just pwn 5 guys alone, thanks to perfect timing.

In other words: Killing heroes with your allies should be easier than doing it alone. Teamwork should be rewarding, it should courage you to trust your allies. ( Which is not always easy. ) Courage be rewarded.

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
For example: Make heroes so durable that its quite hard to kill them alone, so you need some teamwork to take them down.

The hard part between basing teamwork on spells and abilities is that different players are not expected to pick the ones that would provide teamwork.

Have you played Team Fortress 2? When it was in it's Vanilla form (without those weapon updates) everyone is expected to use different classes that support each other. But if there's only a team that consists of Engineers (they build stuff) and Spies (they instakill stuff with backstabs), I'm pretty sure Engineers would get their stuff destroyed in a matter of minutes (seeing as no one will be able to defend their stuff) while Spies would just get own'd by flames (because no one will be there to distract enemies).

The thing is, it's okay for Team Fortress 2 because one could change classes while mid-game. But in the case of this, you can only pick once and never again. Other than that, you're not sure if your opponent is a team player or not.

Sure, the map should encourage teamwork, but not to the extent that they cannot solo other enemies as much anymore. It's survival of the fittest :D

random.guy27

Reaction score
Cool. I've been Finding someone to do something like this. (And I've even made a thread just to find someone who can support with a project like this)

I want to make a proposition for you...

If its Heroes and Items you want,
Go to the Suggestion Forum in PlayDotA.com
Tell me the Hero you think has the potential and I'll try to talk to the one who posted the suggestion if he/she wants their suggestion to be played in this map.

I can do that because I am active in the PlayDotA forums and I've been there for a fairly long time.
My username there is night_sky95.

And in addition, Here are some Potential Hero Suggestion from the PlayDotA Suggestion Forums
[INT-SENT] Verus Consilium, White Sage
[INT-NEU] Bran&Yorg, the Mortar team
[AGI-SENT]Tiermes, the Storm Rider

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.