AoS Legacy of Heroes [Beta] - May version released

Furby

Current occupation: News poster
Reaction score
I also got that. There are times where tooltips, lifebars, and hover texts don't appear. This is temporary though.
Geez, if someone just could tell me why is it happening, but it's probably because of that storm, I will have to remove it.

The "Bag Limit" field is unclear. Maybe you should change it to "Max. Total Level" or something.
Probably "

The map isn't very symmetric. The locations of the 2 bosses in the middle are closer to the alliance's side. This means that it's riskier for hordes to kill bosses since if they die, it'll take longer for them to respawn.
Yeah, I c. I will fix that.

Speaking of respawn mechanism, are there any invisible units in the map? Why do you make the players move the shade / wisp back to home base, as opposed to just triggering it?
Hmm, maybe it gives players the opportunity to "stalk enemies". :)

The gold you get from killing towers and creeps are too low. You get 11 for killing a troll when you can just wait for a couple of seconds to get it. Either remove the gold from creeps entirely, increase them, or make the gold gain per second reward lower.
From the change log of the next update:
- you will now get 60% bonus gold from killing team creeps
- you will now get periodic gold only every 3 seconds instead of one

Hale'tanis' Prejudice is quite useless at level 1. At 2s duration, you can only get one hit, which is kinda lame for that much cooldown.
From the change log of the next update:
- cooldown of Prejudice is now 20/18/16/14 (was 30/25/20/15)
- duration of Prejudice is now 3/3.5/4/4.5 (was 2.25/2.75/3.25/3.75)
Gar'band has too many passive abilities. So you can't really do anything else beside casting Blood Thirst with Fel Domination.
Yeah, some of his spells are planned to be changed, I already made a thread about it. I should bump it.
Overall, I think the cooldown for the active abilities are too long for the ability's duration. So you end up waiting for your heroes' spell to finish cooling down most of the time.
We should try do something about that, but we are still in the stage of larger gameplay changes, so balancing will come lil later.

Thank you for you nice review! +rep :thup:

Xienoph

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Geez, if someone just could tell me why is it happening, but it's probably because of that storm, I will have to remove it.
What will you remove? Do you use a lot of macros (<>'s) and colours for team name and tooltips? It might affect it. We had a problem in The Big Game's tooltips, where the macros are showing the wrong values. We ended up hardcoding all ability values. (Of course, this is a big pain. But I developed some simple language to help manage that. If you know how to use Python and want to use it, just PM me. It's still not optimized though.)

Hmm, maybe it gives players the opportunity to "stalk enemies". :)
Probably. But I think it's better to revive your hero ASAP since your hero doesn't gain EXP when they're dead.

Furby

Reaction score
What will you remove? Do you use a lot of macros (<>'s) and colours for team name and tooltips? It might affect it. We had a problem in The Big Game's tooltips, where the macros are showing the wrong values. We ended up hardcoding all ability values. (Of course, this is a big pain. But I developed some simple language to help manage that. If you know how to use Python and want to use it, just PM me. It's still not optimized though.)
You know it's not just tooltips, it's also health bars, that means it has nothing to do with tooltip settings and no I don't use those <> stuff, I write everything in number directly there.

What does ur program do?

Probably. But I think it's better to revive your hero ASAP since your hero doesn't gain EXP when they're dead.

Hmm, dat's right.

Xienoph

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
My program is essentially a search + replace. It looks for keywords in any text files and replace it with strings. The string also has macros just like in WE, but more advanced. It can handle function calls, recursive calls, and you can define your own function in python. It makes the skill upgrade tooltips a lot easier to do (especially since we highlight the next level's value in the tooltip).

random.guy27

Reaction score
Furby. Sorry for being out for a quite while.

Oh well. I have a suggestion for the remake of Banshee's Possession.
I have to be honest. It is quite useless or has small use.

Here is my remake.
skill-1.gif

Possession

Possess an enemy Hero for 5 seconds. The possessed Hero will obtain a curse made from the Banshee's deep hatred. The curse slow the Hero down, and deals damage over time. Once the possession is over, the Banshee comes out from the host's body and activates the true power of the curse, therefore severely damaging the possessed Hero. You can't control the possessed Hero.

Level 1 - Possess an enemy Hero. The Hero's MS will be reduced by 10% and takes 15 damage per second. Once the possession is over, the Banshee comes out from the host's body and deals 300 damage to the Hero.
Level 2 - Possess an enemy Hero. The Hero's MS will be reduced by 15% and takes 20 damage per second. Once the possession is over, the Banshee comes out from the host's body and deals 400 damage to the Hero.
Level 3 -Possess an enemy Hero. The Hero's MS will be reduced by 20% and takes 25 damage per second. Once the possession is over, the Banshee comes out from the host's body and deals 500 damage to the Hero.

In Depth Explanation
• Damage type: Magical
• Casting Range is 400
• Just to clear things up, you can't control the possessed Hero.
• The Banshee could not be harmed while still inside the Hero's body
• The Banshee gains experience from kills made nearby the Possessed Hero while he is traveling with it
• When the Banshee comes out from the target, she will be transported 200-400 units near the target, at a random point

Cooldown: 100/90/80 sec
Mana Cost: 150/200/250

When in the Possessed Hero, the Banshee will have this skill:
skill-1.gif

Hatred Unleash

The Banshee comes out from the host's body and activates the true power of the curse, therefore severely damaging the possessed Hero.

Why does she need this skill when the Possession only has a 5 second duration?
For extra mind game.
For example, the enemy Hero is trying to teleport to his/her base while you are still possessing him/her. You could just use this skill so that the Possession won't backfire on you. :)

I also have some Remake, Buffs, and Nerfs for Shaira, the Ranger.

BTNAmbush.png

Ranger's Mark (Rename of Hunter's Prey)

Place a mark on a unit. Increase the damage of range attacks when attacking the affected unit. Last for 6 seconds

Level 1 - Increase the damage of range attacks by 15%
Level 2 - Increase the damage of range attacks by 25%
Level 3 - Increase the damage of range attacks by 35%
Level 4 - Increase the damage of range attacks by 45%

Why the HARSH Nerf?
• This isn't a "Harsh Nerf" This is "Balancing the skill out"
• The current one, if I recall correctly, increase the damage output of range attacks by 75%. Seriously, 75%. Do the Math = 100 + 75 = 175% That's one high damage output.
• Didn't really just nerf the numbers, I also scaled the CD of the skill (TBH, I couldn't remember the skill's CD and Mana Cost)

Cooldown: 18/16/14/12 sec
Mana Cost: 70

BTNTheBlackArrowOnOff.png

Tainted Arrows (Remake for Shock Attachment)

Shaira attacks with her enchanted arrows. Each attack has an increase in power and slows the enemy's movement. Stacks up to 5 times. Last for 3 seconds.

Level 1 - 4 bonus damage and slow enemy by 4% with every attack.
Level 2 - 8 bonus damage and slow enemy by 6% with every attack.
Level 3 - 12 bonus damage and slow enemy by 8% with every attack.
Level 4 - I6 bonus damage and slow enemy by 10% with every attack.

In depth Explanation
• Stacks up to 5 times

Why give her this Remake?
• I'm actually not sure yet. Shock Attachment "Immobilizes" right?
"Immobilize" is another word for stun, right?
Well, if every attack "Immobilizes" the target for 0.5 seconds, with only some AS items, you could render the target helpless already.

Cooldown: 0 sec
Mana Cost: 15

PASBTNScout.png

Keen Eye Aura(Rename of Encouraging Aura)

Shaira encourages her allies to find their target's weak spots. Gives a chance to deal a 1.5x critical on attack. 700 AoE

Level 1 - Gives a 12% chance for range units, and 6% chance for melee units to deal a 1.5x critical on attack
Level 2 - Gives a 18% chance for range units, and 9% chance for melee units to deal a 1.5x critical on attack
Level 3 - Gives a 24% chance for range units, and 12% chance for melee units to deal a 1.5x critical on attack
Level 4 - Gives a 30% chance for range units, and 15% chance for melee units to deal a 1.5x critical on attack

Why does it affect Melee unit now?
• It is because of "Ranger's Mark" She already has a skill that only works for Range units. We don't want her to be a complete "racist" when it comes to Melee and Range. At least this one gives even a small chance for a Melee to benefit from this skill and/or from Her.

BTNMarksmanship.png

Hunter's Prey (Remake for Blazing Arrows)

Target a specific unit. While Shaira continues to attack the target, her attack speed increase with every successful hit. Last for 15 seconds or when she changes her target. Cap of 300%

Level 1 - Increase Shaira's Attack Speed by 10% for every successful hit.
Level 2 - Increase Shaira's Attack Speed by 15% for every successful hit.
Level 3 - Increase Shaira's Attack Speed by 20% for every successful hit.

In depth Explanation
• Can target magic immune units.
• Changing targets will end this skill's effect

Why give her this Remake?
• Currently, Blazing Arrows doesn't synergize with her other skills
• Her skills have full synergy with this Remake.

Cooldown: 80/65/50 sec
Mana Cost: 200/275/350

random.guy27

Reaction score
I also have some comments regarding Saithis, the Spellstrider.
. She has 2 Mobility skills (Blink and Weakening Vision)
. One needs to be replaced. I have thought of one remake for the skill, but it is still in its prototype status.

skill-3.gif

Energy Discharge

Saithis is able to paralyze the target and anyone near it by manipulating the flow of mana in its body. If the target's mana is below 40%, its effect is greater.

Level 1 - Stun the target and any nearby enemy units for 0.75(*1.25) seconds
Level 2 - Stun the target and any nearby enemy units for 1(*1.75) seconds
Level 3 - Stun the target and any nearby enemy units for 1.25(*2.25) seconds
Level 4 - Stun the target and any nearby enemy units for 1.5(*2.75) seconds

In depth Explanation
• (*) These values are used if the target is below 40% of its maximum mana
• Area of Effect is 175
• Casting Range is 400

Cooldown: 15 sec
Mana Cost: 110/120/130/140

There are still other things regarding heroes:
:) Kirgaak, the Sasquatch Shaman and Garband, the Orc Grunt both need a Remake of some sort. Why?
Kirgaak => He is a PURE support (And by "Pure" I mean PURE) without any form of damaging skill and/or fun spell
Garband => He is a "Auto-attack with self buffs for skills" Hero. Just click this and that to buff only himself.

:) Frost Tidals on Raadan, the Dragonspawn is simply out-of-place because of the fact that he doesn't have any spammable spell. And no one will Lvl it up more than once. +35% MS is already enough

:) Freezing Presence on Zilla, the Frostbringer needs something more than just a -AS and -MS. Those combinations are so common already. We need a new combo, but still has something to do with "Freezing Presence"

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Random Suggestions:

Magic Rift (Replaces Blink)
Creates a rift at the target location. The rift causes all lost/spent mana to be converted to a magical shield that prevents the Spellstrider from taking damage until it breaks.

Freezing Presence (On/Off)
When activated, slows all units (allies and enemies) around you. Enemies also take x damage per second. The hero is slowed for half the amount.
When deactivated, grants the hero mana regeneration.

The Shaman could use a small rework :p. He seems completely worthless for anything other than support.

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
c'mon drop that argument already.

honestly who cares?
Originality died.
Make an ability and anyone can find similarities with another one already made and they call you a copycat.

and it's 1 ability.
DotA has like 100*4 abilities.. even some of them are similar to each other.

and DotA is just too popular and everyone compares to that.

Furby

Reaction score
Yeah, I totally agree with Blade.

Thanks for your spell reworks Random, I might use some of them. :thup:

Earlenlajnen

Reaction score
When will we see a new update?

Are there any new heroes being coded?

Are you planning on using any suggested heroes/remakes?

We are kinda out of news here. :p

Archideas

Reaction score
Furby's currently working on a new system for handling wave mobs. A full update will probably be given when the version is released, date unknown.

Furby

Reaction score
When will we see a new update?

Are there any new heroes being coded?

Are you planning on using any suggested heroes/remakes?

We are kinda out of news here. :p

I can't really say when will the next update come, since I'm getting again little busy with my life, friends, school, girls and such.

I plan to do at least some of suggested remakes and maybe if I feel like it one new hero.

Thanks for your interest. :thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.