Reaction score
j0l0zb.png

vem8sm.png

13. October 2009
- map resized to 96*96, from previous 64*64​
11. October 2009
- map is being reworked, the whole gameplay is going to changed​

263avex.png

Firstly, I wanted to make this map an AoS with four bases. However as I was thinking I figured out that it is just like normal AoS just with four bases and that is boring and one is going to be interested.

So, Bloodcount and I came up with a new idea. We will present this idea to you soon! Look at the terrain preview I've done so far.

Again, I am saying I didn't abandon this project just changed gameplay. I still need hero and item ideas.​
2ykyge1.png

Type: New type of a map (a little like AoS)
Suggested players: 12
Teams: 6 x 6
Tilesets: Suken Ruins + tilesets from another set
Map Size: 96 x 96

Terrain preview:
2qvaxp0.jpg
wr1hd.png

Current:
2ntwgts.png
- 75% - Terrain
200370x.png
- 0% - Heroes
jt4aa8.png
- 30% - Items
jt4aa8.png
- 30% - Systems

Overall:
5loubk.png
- 40% - ALPHA
200370x.png
- 0% - BETA

Furby

Current occupation: News poster
Reaction score
I love the map layout! It looks great.
Thank you. :)
Could you explain the gameplay please? :D
Nothing complicated. Just simple AoS. Well, not so simple, because of.. 4 bases at each corner of map, Human base, Orc base, Undead base and Night Elf base. Creeps are spawned at 3 sides of base, top, middle and bottom. You choose hero at the beginning level up him, buy items and try to destroy all of enemy bases. Whenever you achieve to destroy enemy base, owner of this base and all of his allies are losing the game. Winner is the last standing team.

black.sheep

Reaction score
You know what would be kool?
When you destroy an enermy base, they turn to your team.
That would cause the other players to fight over the defeated players bases, and make it more chaotic for the defeated team :p

Furby

Reaction score
You know what would be kool?
When you destroy an enermy base, they turn to your team.
That would cause the other players to fight over the defeated players bases, and make it more chaotic for the defeated team :p

I think that would cause an instant wining for that team.. because they would become very powerful with 6 players together and easily would defeat two team with 3 players. But very good idea.. I always wanted to give to defeated team some another chance, so all players play till the end, but I did not come up with a good idea.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
>Nothing complicated. Just simple AoS.
Yeah, right, keep telling this to yourself.

>but never ever finished even one of them, mostly they were little playable but without any win or lose conditions.

Actually we did finish 2 maps. YOu know there was this one thing where you must break gift boxes in order to get some towers to protect the what ever it was.

And also Necro wars.

Too bad both of these maps aren't that good, but w/e.

>I always wanted to give to defeated team some another chance, so all players play till the end, but I did not come up with a good idea.

I am feeling a bit ignored :S

Well, what if, When a team is defeated, The base turns from that team. However the base and the towers are a lot weaker. Weaker but they provide some support nontheless (mostly units)

The heroes are teleported into an arena with a lot of creeps where they fight... kinda like an RPG or what ever. Then after... 5 minutes or so, they get back on the field with some troops and a stronger unit. The unit is different for each race. Their attempt is to take over the base they lost. If they take it over, guess who is back in game, if they don't... well another 5 minutes of leveling up, then assault again, and so on and so on.

How about that ?

Furby

Reaction score
Yeah, right, keep telling this to yourself.

Aha..

Actually we did finish 2 maps. YOu know there was this one thing where you must break gift boxes in order to get some towers to protect the what ever it was.

And also Necro wars.

Too bad both of these maps aren't that good, but w/e.

Yep, they failed, good ideas but that's all.

I am feeling a bit ignored :S

Well, what if, When a team is defeated, The base turns from that team. However the base and the towers are a lot weaker. Weaker but they provide some support nontheless (mostly units)

The heroes are teleported into an arena with a lot of creeps where they fight... kinda like an RPG or what ever. Then after... 5 minutes or so, they get back on the field with some troops and a stronger unit. The unit is different for each race. Their attempt is to take over the base they lost. If they take it over, guess who is back in game, if they don't... well another 5 minutes of leveling up, then assault again, and so on and so on.

How about that ?

We'll talk about it on skype.

I updated first post!

Uploaded few screenshots.

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I have an idea.

How about you have the fallen members become "Spirits of Vengeance", and you create a little "Underworld zone" where fallen members reside, called "the Abyss", which is a safe zone for all fallen members, with item shops, etc. It also has a portal to the battlefield. Now, this part will need a complicated system: when they resurrect, you should have it so it automatically resurrects them in a place farthest away from enemy players and out of their bases. The problem is a system to find the point farthest away from enemy players. One player would be able to exit the Abyss at a time, to prevent them being able to spawn on top of each other. Also, here's my idea - the fallen players, Spirits of Vengeance, are their same heroes yet they have no allies - it's a free for all. Spirits of Vengeance players would also be able to be vote muted, to prevent them helping certain teams, causing imbalance.

It's sort of complicated.

One problem - how would they re-enter "the Abyss".

Maybe Spirits of Vengeance players could be buffed in some way, I.E. a ping on all living towers, etc.

Also, + rep, I love how you used the snazzy red font.

Joccaren

Reaction score
I'll help with Items and Systems if I can. I have the same problem as you any of my projects never get finished. If i'm helping someone else with there project, which I've only started doing recently, 3/4 are definately going to continue for the moment whilst the other 1/4 I'm uncertan about. I have Started 2 AoS', around 5 RPGs, a TD, an Arena and other Miscellaneous maps. If you want the details of my many projects, see the spoiler. This is so only that I don't attract as much attention away fom your map.
1 AoS Was really crap and the second map I ever made. It functioned correctly but had over-powered heroes, bad terrain and no original ideas. The Second AoS I am working on, but very rarely. 3 of My RPGs I've completely given up on. Onw of them is on these forums and I'm close to giving up on it due to no recent activity from my helpers, testers or anyone else. My other one I'm only making the Heroes for. My TD is actually going quite well, it too has a place on this site. My arena only has one hero and pretty bad terrain. Of my miscelaneous maps, My best were my first, and my current.
So, I'm not having much luck with my maps either. I'll probably help with anything you need help with except terrain actually. Tell me if you want my help.

Furby

Reaction score
Thanks for your replies! :thup: I am really glad to see any positive form of feedback. :)

I don't need help with items, systems nor with terrain.. that's not really a problem for me.. but there is one thing, actually making heroes and their abilities is a bit problem for me. I would really love any ideas for heroes and abilities.. and I want for the most of heroes with "combo" abilities, which means every spell works with another one.

You can post your ideas here, and by the way.. I don't want to import any models to my map yet, because I don't want to make it too big, skins are good to import but not really for every hero.

Also +rep for every idea. ;)

I am really still working on this project every day, but these heroes are recently only one problem before I can release beta version.

wc3shady

Reaction score

Marko Lurch
the Shambler
Melee/Int
A peculiar man, Marko was never quite like the other Humans. In fact Marko always had an affinity for nature - animals, plants, all of it. But, the only others who shared his passion were the Night Elves, who of course weren't quite fond of the Humans either. As much as Marko tried to become a druid, the Night Elves always put him down. Eventually, he became desperate and attempted to learn the art of druidism without the consent of the Cenarion Circle. As a result they created an abomination out of him - an abomination of nature. He was a man no longer - but a living, breathing figure of roots and vines. But now he had a greater mastery over nature - his wish was granted and the Shambler was born.​

Living Armor
Marko is covered with bark and roots - he has living, growing, organic armor. He gains bonus armor and whenever he casts a spell, because they are nature oriented, he gains temporary health and manage regeneration.

Overgrowth
Marko channels an overgrowth of plant life in an area around him. After X seconds, he creates an area of plants and seeds that give enemies lower movement and attack speed and Marko higher life and mana regeneration. After Y seconds, trees pop up in a circle around him.

Entangle
Marko can cause his roots to move into the ground and entangle a nearby enemy. The enemy takes damage over time and can not move a certain distance pass Marko for a period of time, but the target and Marko's movement speed is reduced. This means Marko can actually pull the target, but slowly since Marko's movement speed is reduced.

Gift of Nature
Marko can fully divulge himself into his gift, sending him into a temporary organic overdrive. Whenever he moves with Gift of Nature, he creates seeds behind him that will grow into trees after two seconds. The trees stay up for two seconds. Also, he will not suffer a movement speed decrease when he uses Entangle, and channeling time for Overgrowth is also reduced.

Megling and Ironchild
the Steel Duo
Ranged/Int
Megling, like any Gnome, had an innate mastery and affluence for engineering. Megling decided that he was going to create a steel robot, capable of doing all the things a little gnome cannot do, and more. Unlike other Gnomes, Megling formed a bond with his robot, who he named Ironchild. But when war struck Megling's Gnomish homeland, he trained his Ironchild to fight, and so became the Steel Duo, an odd but powerful foe on the battle field.​

Ironchild
Innate
This is an innate ability, meaning it is there from the start. Megling always had Ironchild with him. When he revives or when the game starts. If Ironchild dies, Megling must wait 30 seconds to summon him again, during which he may not use any of his Ironchild-oriented spells. Ironchild may not move a certain distance away from Megling; Ironchild becomes more powerful in level as Megling does. While the class is Ranged/Int based, Ironchild is a unit based with Melee/Strength stats.

Teleportation Device
Megling has created two linked Teleportation Devices: one with Megling and one in Ironchild. Megling can use this to switch himself and Ironchild between places.

Electromagnet
Megling can use his lightning rod to correspond with Ironchild's Electromagnetism, creating a bolt of lightning that travels to Ironchild. This deals damage to all enemy units in the way and knocks them closer to Ironchild.

Auto-Repair System
This heavily increases Ironchild's regeneration and allows Megling to repair him. So this a non-autocast melee repair ability that also gives Ironchild bonus health regeneration.

Overdrive
(ULT) Megling can channel a powerful electrical current into Ironchild, causing him to go into an Overdrive for as long as Megling channels (channeling also costs mana every 6/9/12 seconds). This causes Ironchild to gives off damage to enemy units around him, have higher damage, higher attack speed and higher movement speed. This ability also passively grants Megling bonus armor.

Furby

Reaction score
Very nice wc3shady !

I am really glad to see these nice ideas, though I kinda' don't like that second hero, because of two units.. it's gonna be little hard to control and needs higher skills.. but it's not a big problem.. I think I will use at least few ideas from his abilities.

Again, thank you for your time. I am looking forward to more ideas. :p

By the way, sorry I can not +rep you now since I repped you for previous post. :D

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Ah, Furby forced me to reply here or he'll kill me, D:

lol, j/k. Wait, no he really did. But it's a fun map. :)
I just tell you thru teh im.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Furby

Reaction score
Update!

Today, I was working on terrain. I changed tilesets to Suken Ruins! And improved this terrain with some objects! Also I added new models for trees yesterday!

Checkout screenshots!

Soon, I will release BETA version! Just need few more items and at least 3 heroes with abilities!

Thank you for checking! Take care!

1tkjkh.png

14khbmg.jpg

2qv8ho4.jpg

synvcp.jpg

2iurdsj.jpg

2dqlmav.jpg

2rfcxnm.jpg

2cqelu1.jpg

15n28tw.jpg

Archideas

Reaction score
Nice terrain for an AoS. Just a few things though.

On the first screenshot, the grass in the lower section of the screen looks kinda too trimmed to be a part of a battlefield. And the road, even if it isn't 100% 1 tiled, it still looks too straight.

You're making good use of tile variation but the competely straight road kills it for me. ;P

Last but not least, gief moar screenshots of heroes or a list of them. Icons, spells and possibly screenshots. Always awesome to be able to scroll through the to-be-available heroes pre-hand.

Furby

Reaction score
Nice terrain for an AoS.
Thanks. x)
On the first screenshot, the grass in the lower section of the screen looks kinda too trimmed to be a part of a battlefield. And the road, even if it isn't 100% 1 tiled, it still looks too straight.
I'll do something with it.
You're making good use of tile variation but the competely straight road kills it for me. ;P
I'll make those roads more random then.
Last but not least, gief moar screenshots of heroes or a list of them. Icons, spells and possibly screenshots. Always awesome to be able to scroll through the to-be-available heroes pre-hand.
I don't have heroes, yet. =/ Working on them now. :)

Thanks for your comment. I would +rep you but I gave you some rep already in thread with ideas. :)

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
The layout of this map is similar to the layout from my map, The Cross, although I don't have lanes to adjacent bases.

Looks good, but using the Sunken Ruins terrain is getting quite old nowadays, and the gameplay seems quite complicated to me.

Other than that, it's quite visually appealing, and your pics and the post layout of your first post are nice, and neat.

Furby

Reaction score
Looks good, but using the Sunken Ruins terrain is getting quite old nowadays, and the gameplay seems quite complicated to me.
Sunken ruins is the best one, I tried another one but they doesn't look that good.
It won't be complicated now! I am working on new gameplay! Not an AoS now. :)

How's the progress on the heroes going? If it's-a go good, give us a hero rooster. ;)
Sorry, but I could not work on heroes today. Bloodcount and me figured out that generic AoS would fail so we came up with new idea. Check out first thread. As soon as I make systems I will start with heroes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    So what it really is me trying to implement some kind of better site navigation not change the whole theme of the site
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.